Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,645)

Showing posts 152,881 - 152,900 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FlyJack

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Never too late to admitt
DorN

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

If homosexuals do not have children then they must have straight parents.
TakeAstand

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

First of all the entire Glendora Council (tea party) and Political advisory committee (KKK) Takes the Stand Against Proposed clean Water Measure standing before all the voters of California.

These people are all a bunch of "the sky is falling" nit-wits. They don't have the brains to understand, let alone be able to comment on it rationaly.

There last city council meeting 01.08.2013 was a JOKE, they praded a bunch of clowns before the microphone and read from a crafted script.

What they are doing is trying to hide the facts from the populas they the entire city council and political advisory committee failed.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
LOL I have yet to hear one valid reason, religion certainly isnít one.
On some people's list, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage between one man and one woman. On my list, religion is number 26.

Kant offered a way to decide if an act or policy is moral without using religion; ask 'What if everyone did it?' If making a policy or an act a universal law produces bad results then the policy or act is bad. If same sex marriage was universal it would mean an end to mankind or an end to monogamous marriage.

Reason 13 for keeping marriage male/female; Kant's Categorical Imperative.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
It should not hurt to think, maybe you should stop thinking.
I've found most same sex marriage supporters don't like to think about this subject. They prefer to feel they are good people who sympathize with gays and want same sex marriage because it feels good to support equal 'rights'. The thing is; homosexuals have equal rights under the same laws as everyone else. Homosexuals have always married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples. What would happen to married homosexuals if same sex marriage becomes law? Would that change encourage them to divorce? Would they sue their spouse for custody and tell the court the child's mother is a single parent and they have a same sex marriage so they should have custody? Would courts find in sympathy with a mascot victim group because they want to make up for past inequity?

Once you stop making decisions based on your feelings and think about the consequences of a policy, you stop being a liberal and become a conservative.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>On some people's list, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage between one man and one woman. On my list, religion is number 26.
Kant offered a way to decide if an act or policy is moral without using religion; ask 'What if everyone did it?' If making a policy or an act a universal law produces bad results then the policy or act is bad. If same sex marriage was universal it would mean an end to mankind or an end to monogamous marriage.
Reason 13 for keeping marriage male/female; Kant's Categorical Imperative.
Or for sacrificing your first virgin dither to a volcano, depending on your religion. I personally donít care what beliefs people may have as long as they donít try and apply their rules to people not of that religion.

Your other point is moot, not everyone is gay, I donít happen to be gay and would have no interest myself in a same sex marriage, but I have yet to hear a single valid reason why others that do happen to be gay should not be able to marry.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Daughter ( phone ringing while trying to type LOL )
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Little slow around here today.
But that's alright, at least that silly "Big D" isn't harping on and on about Clinton's impeachment!
Calling everyone liars and such. You know how he gets!
Liar Mike

Yes he was impeached
Yes the impeachment was a total failure when it didnít pass the vote in the senate and he was acquitted, it accomplishing nothing

This is an automatic response as this subject seems to the more important thing in your sad little life, for myself I am bored with your inability to comprehend it.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Back!
KayPow

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Go faster and you'll never hear it.
SoundsLikeBt

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like what happened a a Sheriffs station around Malibu, Ca..

A California woman, Christina Eilman, would receive $22.5 million.

Police arrested her in 2006 while she was traveling through Chicago and held her overnight before releasing her in a high-crime area of the city.

She was abducted and sexually assaulted before she suffered severe injuries in a fall from a public housing building.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've found most same sex marriage supporters don't like to think about this subject. They prefer to feel they are good people who sympathize with gays and want same sex marriage because it feels good to support equal 'rights'. The thing is; homosexuals have equal rights under the same laws as everyone else. Homosexuals have always married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples.
Once you stop making decisions based on your feelings and think about the consequences of a policy, you stop being a liberal and become a conservative.
So gay people can marry the one they love??? NOT
AS for the rest of your post flush it down the crapper. I am a conservative, I support gay rights.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
AS for the rest of your post flush it down the crapper. I am a conservative, I support gay rights.
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are a direct conflict and a absolute defect with the fundamental goal of evolution.

The closest gay unions can get to marriage is 'unmarriage'.

:-)
PrivateProperty

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

A man is dead and another is recovering in the hospital after police say they were shot while trying to steal an SUV from outside a home in an affluent neighborhood.

Neighbors are OKK with the lethal actions taken and will support more in the future.

Texas says don't mess with my private property.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are a direct conflict and a absolute defect with the fundamental goal of evolution.
The closest gay unions can get to marriage is 'unmarriage'.
:-)
Nope its a frucking legal contract. Got a problem with that? SCOTUS will soon clear up your problem
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are fundies such racists? Don't they believe Jesus died for black people? Guess you know better than Jesus, huh? LOLSER. Why do lions lick their balls? To get the taste of fundies out of their mouths.
Typical Liberal response when you read something you don't like. You sound like a brokenn record. You are too stupid

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope its a frucking legal contract. Got a problem with that? SCOTUS will soon clear up your problem
1. Marriage can hardly be dumbed down to a legal contract.

2. SCOTUS has already addressed it. Many times over the years.

"We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner v Oklahoma

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."- Loving v Virginia

"Our Court has not recognized a fundamental right to marry that departs in any respect from the right defined by the US Supreme Court in cases like Skinner which acknowledged that marriage is "fundamental to the very existence and survival of the [human] race" because it is the primary institution supporting procreation and child-rearing (316 US at 541; see also Zablocki, 434 US 374; Griswold, 381 US 479). The binary nature of marriageóits inclusion of one woman and one manóreflects the biological fact that human procreation cannot be accomplished without the genetic contribution of both a male and a female. Marriage creates a supportive environment for procreation to occur and the resulting offspring to be nurtured. Although plaintiffs suggest that the connection between procreation and marriage has become anachronistic because of scientific advances in assisted reproduction technology, the fact remains that the vast majority of children are conceived naturally through sexual contact between a woman and a man."- Hernandez v Robels

"It is an institution in the maintenance of which in its purity the public is deeply interested, for it is the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress. "- Maynard v Hill
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

??
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot everyday people brings so many thoughts class of 1979 good nite my man is on major OCD and I am always to happy tomorrow is another day peace about the plastic doll thing that was not for you ok but that little language guy I am not a sweet little white Becky who is nice and polite but more a combination of a sista and a honky Tonkin girl tomorrow let's list things you would never want to see in the dark with a flashlight so far picture James brown eating a taco w extra sour cream. Ohhh god
All good, Momma, didn't mind the plastic doll thing...litlelanguage is a twit.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're a bleeding heart liberal, and an idiot. Try supporting something that helps this country.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,881 - 152,900 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 22 at 1:54PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search