Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175244 Jan 14, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you also being a hypocrite just to get Hudson excited and make him think you like him so you are able to use him better?
Oooh, baby... "purr"
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175245 Jan 14, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
My friggin god you're touched.
"How you followed through British politics?" How he followed WHAT through Brit politics? That question wasn't a complete one. You're making little sense these days.
"Why do you assume you have more than you?" Why does he assume he has more than he has? WTF? Try calming down a bit and get your thoughts together, then post them so they make sense. Take a few deep breaths.
Pacman? From what I read of that he mentioned it in reference to his age. In that respect he's like me. Pacman was out when I was in college. My girlfriend and I would play it with her daughter. As time passed I moved on and lost any urge to play video games apart from the occasional time waster moment. Some of us don't obsess over them and don't waste our every waking moment playing them or banging away on the computer. I
Actually, I suggested it to him, due to its simplicity, less chance of him being confused by its profound twists and turns...
:-D
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175246 Jan 14, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Pacman was such a trivial statement he made. How does seeing pacman when it came out make him old? He is obviously trying to big himself up.
Yes, I had a compulsion to big.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#175247 Jan 14, 2013
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kids deserve a better father, someone with a half a brain would be better than you.
You don't even know what you're typing up here. Are you just practicing English or typing or something like that? Is that what this is to you - a lesson in typing or English?
It's perfect English, are you in need of some glasses, or what ?
jenny

Los Angeles, CA

#175249 Jan 14, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipe down, a.sshole.
Save your open mouth mode for when one of these thread queer-os drops their zipper down.
ditto!
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#175250 Jan 15, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Momma, that is a GREAT list. Might I add a few ?
1) Sly And The Family Stone "Everyday People"
2) Dire Straits "Romeo And Juliet"
3) The Smiths "What Difference Does It Make?"
:-D
I forgot everyday people brings so many thoughts class of 1979 good nite my man is on major OCD and I am always to happy tomorrow is another day peace about the plastic doll thing that was not for you ok but that little language guy I am not a sweet little white Becky who is nice and polite but more a combination of a sista and a honky Tonkin girl tomorrow let's list things you would never want to see in the dark with a flashlight so far picture James brown eating a taco w extra sour cream. Ohhh god
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175252 Jan 15, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're crazy. Jesus was a handsome white man looked like Brad Pitt with long hair and a beard. Dirty blond hair. Darker beard.
and spoke perfect English, yep.. that is what they imagine ( chuckle )
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175254 Jan 15, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's so funny? Everyone has seen his pictures. He was a handsome white guy looked like Brad Pitt with long hair and a beard.
Yep that is what they paint on velvet, of course no one painting that ( or any other ) ever saw him. Funny, the older the pictuer you look at, the more middle east ethnic he looks

Here is one from arond 500 years afterwards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depiction_of_Jes...

I think that is the oldest one we have, but not sure.
4humanrights

San Mateo, CA

#175256 Jan 15, 2013
Judges should overturn " Anti-cockfighting laws" sponsored by a " private nontaxpaying Economic Terrorist Vegan syndicates, http://www.hsussucks.com/ read pages 8-9 of the US Homeland Security Report on TERRORISM, http://www.humanewatch.org ,

here's their latest RACKETEERING case,

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/28/aspca-pays-...
Basso

Monrovia, CA

#175257 Jan 15, 2013
Is that brasso?

I'm not sure, what do you think?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175258 Jan 15, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that it doesn't matter what he looked like.
Of course he was Middle Eastern. What do some people believe he flew in from NY? Now that would be dumb.
To many, I suspect it really does :)

The same folks who donít like to be reminded that he didnít speak English
FlyJack

Monrovia, CA

#175259 Jan 15, 2013
Never too late to admitt
DorN

La Puente, CA

#175260 Jan 15, 2013
If homosexuals do not have children then they must have straight parents.
TakeAstand

Monrovia, CA

#175261 Jan 15, 2013
First of all the entire Glendora Council (tea party) and Political advisory committee (KKK) Takes the Stand Against Proposed clean Water Measure standing before all the voters of California.

These people are all a bunch of "the sky is falling" nit-wits. They don't have the brains to understand, let alone be able to comment on it rationaly.

There last city council meeting 01.08.2013 was a JOKE, they praded a bunch of clowns before the microphone and read from a crafted script.

What they are doing is trying to hide the facts from the populas they the entire city council and political advisory committee failed.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#175263 Jan 15, 2013
Big D wrote:
LOL I have yet to hear one valid reason, religion certainly isnít one.
On some people's list, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage between one man and one woman. On my list, religion is number 26.

Kant offered a way to decide if an act or policy is moral without using religion; ask 'What if everyone did it?' If making a policy or an act a universal law produces bad results then the policy or act is bad. If same sex marriage was universal it would mean an end to mankind or an end to monogamous marriage.

Reason 13 for keeping marriage male/female; Kant's Categorical Imperative.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#175264 Jan 15, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
It should not hurt to think, maybe you should stop thinking.
I've found most same sex marriage supporters don't like to think about this subject. They prefer to feel they are good people who sympathize with gays and want same sex marriage because it feels good to support equal 'rights'. The thing is; homosexuals have equal rights under the same laws as everyone else. Homosexuals have always married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples. What would happen to married homosexuals if same sex marriage becomes law? Would that change encourage them to divorce? Would they sue their spouse for custody and tell the court the child's mother is a single parent and they have a same sex marriage so they should have custody? Would courts find in sympathy with a mascot victim group because they want to make up for past inequity?

Once you stop making decisions based on your feelings and think about the consequences of a policy, you stop being a liberal and become a conservative.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175265 Jan 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>On some people's list, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage between one man and one woman. On my list, religion is number 26.
Kant offered a way to decide if an act or policy is moral without using religion; ask 'What if everyone did it?' If making a policy or an act a universal law produces bad results then the policy or act is bad. If same sex marriage was universal it would mean an end to mankind or an end to monogamous marriage.
Reason 13 for keeping marriage male/female; Kant's Categorical Imperative.
Or for sacrificing your first virgin dither to a volcano, depending on your religion. I personally donít care what beliefs people may have as long as they donít try and apply their rules to people not of that religion.

Your other point is moot, not everyone is gay, I donít happen to be gay and would have no interest myself in a same sex marriage, but I have yet to hear a single valid reason why others that do happen to be gay should not be able to marry.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175266 Jan 15, 2013
Daughter ( phone ringing while trying to type LOL )
Big D

Modesto, CA

#175267 Jan 15, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Little slow around here today.
But that's alright, at least that silly "Big D" isn't harping on and on about Clinton's impeachment!
Calling everyone liars and such. You know how he gets!
Liar Mike

Yes he was impeached
Yes the impeachment was a total failure when it didnít pass the vote in the senate and he was acquitted, it accomplishing nothing

This is an automatic response as this subject seems to the more important thing in your sad little life, for myself I am bored with your inability to comprehend it.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#175268 Jan 15, 2013
Back!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chart House demolition slated for Tuesday (Mar '13) Tue Michael2327 2
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... Oct 27 Octopus 73
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 26 Jill 130
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Oct 25 nick 710
child molester at large in dhs Oct 22 tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs People Search