Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,626)

Showing posts 152,501 - 152,520 of200,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it will if you dumb down marriage to 'friendship'.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
...and you think that magically overturns bigamy laws?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dummy!
"Polygamy shouldn't be legal because it's illegal"!
TOO FUNNY!
Too Funny that you think Prop 8 has ANYTHING to do with polygamy.
Klickles

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Look we have the out of towners, phoo flingers back.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Son. I'm about to educate you. I have been banned 5 times. I had a post monkey named Laqueesha Jefferson claim that it should be "open season" on me, with no license required. I logged a complaint about it, and researched the laws on this phenomenon, and discovered that I had 3 years to press charges. Don't talk nonsense.
Just what charges do you think you can press? Laqueesha pointed out my stupidity, your honor. waa... waa.... waa.....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
No it won't. There are still bigamy laws on the books.
Bigamy laws that were enacted in the same era that slaves were owned, that were in the same books that carried sodomy laws. These laws were removed , over time, and the same will result after Prop 8 is overturned.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text>Just woke up no I am not a racist I relish the thought getting followed around s store , giving my son instructions on how to act when my son who Is in school to become a doctor about how to act when is pulled over by the police no sudden movements, and the ill faded question are you on probation or we pulled you over because
And yet, you claimed that you enjoyed watching white folks get nervous, why would you say such a thing if you are not a racist ?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Bigamy laws that were enacted in the same era that slaves were owned, that were in the same books that carried sodomy laws. These laws were removed , over time, and the same will result after Prop 8 is overturned.
Oh puh-leez. That is HARDLY a cause/effect relationship. You could also say that polygamy will be overturned after the use of the first atomic bomb. It would be correct, not NOT a cause/effect relationship.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Just what charges do you think you can press? Laqueesha pointed out my stupidity, your honor. waa... waa.... waa.....
Wellllll..........There's this lil detail: Use of the internet to threaten “the person of another” constitutes a violation of 18 U.S.C.§ 875 ( interstate communication of threat to injure) If it is communicated interstate, federal jurisdiction is created.

Please see the statute at the following link:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/875.htm...

And you make claim to have some legal training, eh ? I think that is bullshit.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No magic but certainly legalizing SSM will be a step towards legalizing polygamy. What, do you think it's bad for poly if SSM is legalized? Tell us why dummy.
Once again, the topic is Prop 8, not polygamy.

Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8 and it will remain illegal after Prop 8 is overturned. Prop 8 has NOTHING to do with polygamy. You can believe that it does, I really don't care what you believe.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's condem? You mean condom?
What a dope!
You do realise you could be mocking him for merely dislexia, a disability do you? And how encouraging to a young man like him to hear his elders discourage his writing? Oh what a man of God you are! Do you ever reckognize such a responsibilty to encourage our youth? And what would it teach him to hear an elderly man not show respect to others especially kids? He would think respect and tact is something people don't really care about and doesn't really matter! Oh such integrity!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dope!
How come you mock and scoff people who are liberals but not conservatives? Why is that? And how come you don't correct other people on your own side when they do wrong? The bible says not to be impartial with the wicked, nor dismiss the rightious peoples wrong doings! Oh won't God father you when you stand before him!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dope!
Look Hudson, look what a rebellious child of God mikey is being! He is having two masters! He is in the world! What does the bible say about letting unbelievers who pretend to be christians in your home for a visit and eating with them Hudson?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Wellllll..........There's this lil detail: Use of the internet to threaten “the person of another” constitutes a violation of 18 U.S.C.§ 875 ( interstate communication of threat to injure) If it is communicated interstate, federal jurisdiction is created.
Please see the statute at the following link:
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/875.htm...
And you make claim to have some legal training, eh ? I think that is bullshit.
What was the "threat?"

When did I claim to have legal training?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dope!
Look how Mikey is siding with the world! He supports gay marriage and yet says he respects God! Oh looks like he has two masters! The world and God! The bible says a man cannot have two masters, he can only either belong to God or the world!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Just what charges do you think you can press? Laqueesha pointed out my stupidity, your honor. waa... waa.... waa.....
But I do not mind that you make attempts to trivialize this issue, Hell, son, it pleases me, because it shows Chongo to be in error, yet again. Chongo, who claims that heterosexuals are the violent, racist, blah, blah, whatever. Chongo is always wrong and it pleases me to have another piece of evidence of this. You see, just by mocking my statement and condoning this behavior of Laqueesha, you prove that the gays are the real menaces, and show that it is your side that has no respect for the rights of anyone else, so long as you get what you want. Thank you for this revealing look into the psyche of the gay. Will you admit that it if had been one of your kind receiving the threat, that an arrest would have been made withing the week ? Go on, deny it...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh puh-leez. That is HARDLY a cause/effect relationship. You could also say that polygamy will be overturned after the use of the first atomic bomb. It would be correct, not NOT a cause/effect relationship.
Certainly no more so than Loving v Virginia...
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
You are mistaken to state that they are "trivial and insignificant and worthless", they are not. They desire something that they do not rate, but to claim that is completely off the mark. Who appointed you the arbiter of who is worth something and who is not ? Whoever told you that YOU were worth anything ? And claiming that I do not support God by supporting monogamy is also a mistake. You must have meant to say "I do not support God by supporting polygamy" would be a bit more accurate, wouldn't you agree ? Regardless, I do not support polygamy, incest or gay marriage. I DO, however, support the idea that all should receive the same benefits, resultant from the tampering with the Constitution. You, on the other hand, seem unable to grasp the innuendos and subtleties involved in this forum. May I suggest a nice game of Tiddley-Winks, instead ? Perhaps Snakes and Ladders ? You are way past the mark to claim that anyone is "trivial and insignificant and worthless"(except for Chongo, but that is another issue), because you have been treated more than fairly, by both sides of this forum, people that have not mocked you as much as you deserve to be, and if you persist in acting as if you are the only righteous poster in here, I will enjoy watching you be made a mockery of. Who the hell do you think you are ? The only perfect one in here ? Just a silly git, without a clue, that's what you are. Now, be off with you, on yer bike, lad. And if you wish to cite history, then, fer Gawds sake, learn some first. You are an embarrassment to me, and all the people of the Isles. You've shown yerself to be thick, uninformed, narrow minded, uneducated, pompous, and in every way substandard. Plus, as your tag shows you to be from Wrexham, an interloper with no stake in this issue. Who the f**k asked you, anyway ? Go try your "A" levels again, you must have been absent when they were teaching, and you are in sore need.
You sure do know well that saying that wouldn't work with me!

Did you try and hold back all the condor and try to follow the higher road to integrity, and not say more than needed, or expose things about people until necessary? Oh such a big heart!

And how come you revealed things about Rose and exposed things about her and laid into her and said she isn't really loved when yet you claim she isn't scum?

Oh one does hope you do come to terms with your actions and regret them and pay for them on this thread for the use of undisciplined condor you said! Did you say it out of anger? Let it all slip through? Rushed it and thought that it was enough? Oh you better try again if you want to pick the high road!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the topic is Prop 8, not polygamy.
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8 and it will remain illegal after Prop 8 is overturned. Prop 8 has NOTHING to do with polygamy. You can believe that it does, I really don't care what you believe.
You've plainly illustrated that you care nothing for our thoughts, whilst reviling us for similar behavior...
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
But I do not mind that you make attempts to trivialize this issue, Hell, son, it pleases me, because it shows Chongo to be in error, yet again. Chongo, who claims that heterosexuals are the violent, racist, blah, blah, whatever. Chongo is always wrong and it pleases me to have another piece of evidence of this. You see, just by mocking my statement and condoning this behavior of Laqueesha, you prove that the gays are the real menaces, and show that it is your side that has no respect for the rights of anyone else, so long as you get what you want. Thank you for this revealing look into the psyche of the gay. Will you admit that it if had been one of your kind receiving the threat, that an arrest would have been made withing the week ? Go on, deny it...
What was the threat?

Rose NoHo is always correct. You, on the other hand are always wrong, and too uneducated to know it. You don't like her because she puts you in your place and does it concisely.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
You are mistaken to state that they are "trivial and insignificant and worthless", they are not. They desire something that they do not rate, but to claim that is completely off the mark. Who appointed you the arbiter of who is worth something and who is not ? Whoever told you that YOU were worth anything ? And claiming that I do not support God by supporting monogamy is also a mistake. You must have meant to say "I do not support God by supporting polygamy" would be a bit more accurate, wouldn't you agree ? Regardless, I do not support polygamy, incest or gay marriage. I DO, however, support the idea that all should receive the same benefits, resultant from the tampering with the Constitution. You, on the other hand, seem unable to grasp the innuendos and subtleties involved in this forum. May I suggest a nice game of Tiddley-Winks, instead ? Perhaps Snakes and Ladders ? You are way past the mark to claim that anyone is "trivial and insignificant and worthless"(except for Chongo, but that is another issue), because you have been treated more than fairly, by both sides of this forum, people that have not mocked you as much as you deserve to be, and if you persist in acting as if you are the only righteous poster in here, I will enjoy watching you be made a mockery of. Who the hell do you think you are ? The only perfect one in here ? Just a silly git, without a clue, that's what you are. Now, be off with you, on yer bike, lad. And if you wish to cite history, then, fer Gawds sake, learn some first. You are an embarrassment to me, and all the people of the Isles. You've shown yerself to be thick, uninformed, narrow minded, uneducated, pompous, and in every way substandard. Plus, as your tag shows you to be from Wrexham, an interloper with no stake in this issue. Who the f**k asked you, anyway ? Go try your "A" levels again, you must have been absent when they were teaching, and you are in sore need.
Oh, innuendos! You even not only betray your own God, but also your own fanatic fundamentalist doctrines! Big stonkers! You fanatical fundamentalists cherrypick the verse "be innocent to what is evil and be wise to what is good" to mean shelter children from the world and make them "innocent" and deranged as well as handicapped, and also as adults yourself refrain from, them! Of course that is ludicrous! But nice to know by using them you are even going agaist you own greed! I'm sure everybody dumps you out! Maybe that is why you are so loney!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,501 - 152,520 of200,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 19 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 6 Tammie Casas Is Fat 625
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
Review: Steve Leskera Painting Jul 2 Digiscotto69 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Oinkie 15,910
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••