Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174239 Jan 11, 2013
Mona Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we could send you to the Middle East so you can subvert the Muslims into decadence like you've done to America and our marriage.
Yewish Shi* Stain
Who is this "we" ? You got a frog in your pocket, little boy?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174240 Jan 11, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your hero Rose_NoHo has given up on her argument that polygamy shouldn't be given equality because it's a fish.
She tried to get "intelligent and insightful" but failed. Don't you agree?
Nah.... she merely invoked simple arithmetic: three is NOT equal to two.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174242 Jan 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No prob.
<quoted text>
Looks like you need to review your lesson!
<quoted text>
Here's another term you need to learn. "Straw man argument".
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha, you thought a red herring was a fish!
No I didn't. You are just trying (and failing) to cover up that you are a bigot and a hypocrite.

I repeat. Polygamy is not a fish. It is marriage worthy of the same respect and consideration as SSM.

When you have no argument, as you don't, it's best not to respond rather than use tired boring ad hominem like "You didn't know what a red herring is!". How dishonest and juvenile!

Ha ha ha. You're stupid, dishonest and wrong.

Try again. Why are you a hypocrite?
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174243 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.... she merely invoked simple arithmetic: three is NOT equal to two.
You mean like man does not equal woman?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#174244 Jan 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the slaughter of Christians in arenas deserved to go on?
No one screamed 'what about the children' just like you.
Do you even understand what you are defending?
Ho.
Which is nothing compared to the slaughter the Christians did during the crusades, but abroad and at home.

Ancient Rome cant hold a candle to the violence done in the name of Christianity

Do you understand what you are defending?
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174245 Jan 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, stupid, polygamy is a red herring. It's not the issue, the issue is gay marriage. Why not start a forum to talk about polygamy? Too dumb to know how to do that? That's my guess.
You cannot simply dismiss polygamy by calling it a fish. Why don't you just come out and admit you are a hypocrite?

SSM doesn't matter. It's a fish. See? it works both ways jackass.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174246 Jan 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported.
Too funny! What a tattle tale! You are so juvenile and stupid.

Nana Nana Nana!
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174247 Jan 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you are the same guy. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, anybody can type in any name. So, I'm not replying to you anymore. Learn what "red herring" and "straw man" mean. LOLSER!
Learn that polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as SSM, hypocrite.

Simply dismissing it as a red herring won't cut it toots. Try harder.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174248 Jan 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you are the same guy. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, anybody can type in any name. So, I'm not replying to you anymore. Learn what "red herring" and "straw man" mean. LOLSER!
Another wrong and stupid deduction by Rose_NoHo!

Priceless.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174249 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another meaningless post from our resident drama queen....yawn...
Yeah, probably Rose_NoHo needs her meds adjusted, Give her some slack.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174250 Jan 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, stupid, polygamy is a red herring. It's not the issue, the issue is gay marriage. Why not start a forum to talk about polygamy? Too dumb to know how to do that? That's my guess.
Polygamy is not a fish. It's marriage worthy of the same respect and consideration as SSM. You just call it a fish because you are a hypocrite.

I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

If you're going to respond "Polygamy is a red herring!! And you think a red herring is a fish!!" again, don't bother. you already tried that. it failed.

Why are you a hypocrite?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#174251 Jan 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are playing irresponsible games.
Demanding we head down a road while ignoring the destination.
Not only do you once again expose the weakness of your argument, you expose the lack of character that goes with it.
Smirk.
and you're not playing games yourself? you're dilluting a relationship two consenting adult want to solemnize with vows and obtain those rights the GAO listed a few yrs back (totaling to just over 1300) that are extended to only legally married couples. you're the one trying to tell us that anything other than a male/female married relationship isn't worthy of those vows to one another. you're the one that's smirking at you own (lack) of with, chum, not us.
the issues at hand are regarding the legal contract between 2 consenting adults that wish to marry. stick to the topic. when you can rationally discuss with insulting people, then chime in. without the smartasz smirks and ridiculous comparisons. until then, let the grownups talk at the grown up table.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#174252 Jan 11, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
and you're not playing games yourself? you're dilluting a relationship two consenting adult want to solemnize with vows and obtain those rights the GAO listed a few yrs back (totaling to just over 1300) that are extended to only legally married couples. you're the one trying to tell us that anything other than a male/female married relationship isn't worthy of those vows to one another. you're the one that's smirking at you own (lack) of wit, chum, not us.
the issues at hand are regarding the legal contract between 2 consenting adults that wish to marry. stick to the topic. when you can rationally discuss withOUT insulting people, then chime in. without the smartasz smirks and ridiculous comparisons. until then, let the grownups talk at the grown up table.
dang lack of coffee in the mornings and being in a hurry.

had to correct the posting.

coffee good. more coffee better.

cheers!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#174253 Jan 11, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy is not a fish. It's marriage worthy of the same respect and consideration as SSM. You just call it a fish because you are a hypocrite.
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
If you're going to respond "Polygamy is a red herring!! And you think a red herring is a fish!!" again, don't bother. you already tried that. it failed.
Why are you a hypocrite?
the more important question is : why are you here, in a thread regarding same sex marriage?
another question :
why don't you start a movement on your own to get polygamy legalized? go ahead - hire an attorney and take it to court. we'll read all about it in the news. i look forward to reading about the arguments presented in court. good luck.
Skippy

Monrovia, CA

#174254 Jan 11, 2013
Skippy says: get out of towners are just pests.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#174255 Jan 11, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
the more important question is : why are you here, in a thread regarding same sex marriage?
another question :
why don't you start a movement on your own to get polygamy legalized? go ahead - hire an attorney and take it to court. we'll read all about it in the news. i look forward to reading about the arguments presented in court. good luck.
Because he doesnt actually care at all about the subject, he is only trying to get attention, specifically a reaction from people.

look how many time he asks if someone is mad

that is the goal, talking about one small sad human here
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174256 Jan 11, 2013
Looks like the judge-it fairy is very busy this morning rigging the judge-its! Priceless!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174257 Jan 11, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like man does not equal woman?
No. I mean like three does not equal two.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174258 Jan 11, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
another question :
Because he's not really interested in polygamy. He's interested in whining.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174259 Jan 11, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
another question :
Naah. The more important question is why are you against some alternate forms of marriage while at the same time promoting your own alternate form of marriage?

Put more simply, why are you a hypocrite?

I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion of marriage equality, I wish you would participate instead of attempting to censor me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Tue Big Hairy Pink Pu... 720
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Tue Alex 15
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Mon Jean 5
Review: Simple Cash Nov 22 NoLongerTheirClient 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Nov 21 A Ha 152
Desert Hot Springs Missing Out On Revenue Nov 20 Dale 5
Review: Coachella Valley Collection Service Nov 18 Socochick 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs