Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
151,501 - 151,520 of 200,365 Comments Last updated Thursday
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
Liza Lott is akin to a child using the distraction of the house being on fire to get to the cookie jar, like a poor, doomed child.
Oh brother.... another meaningless metaphor... how exciting.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Jane DoDo wrote:
<quoted text>Suppress the truth? What "truth" was that?
http://www.hark.com/clips/cdgftxzczt-you-cant...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

I think Jane DoDo has some new meds to go with his new name!

WOO HOOO! Big Fun!
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish I could find the post where he accused me and all Vietnam combat vets of being drugged out, PTS'ed out baby killers and fools for being too stupid to go to Canada. I think he called himself "Mona Lott" then.
Have you seen his YouTube videos? Search "go to mona's church" or something like that on YouTube. Hope he didn't quit his day job!
Right. It's probably right after the post where you admitted to killing women and children and contracting incurable syphilis. The tertiary symptoms are showing.
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
Just as I thought.... you don't have any.

All bark and no bite.
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
I think Jane DoDo has some new meds to go with his new name!
WOO HOOO! Big Fun!
Woo Hoooo, Drippy dick, the gutless wonder.
flint

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Can't be dealing with the UK, since they haven't learned english yet and don't have proper politicial or table manners.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Jane DoDo wrote:
<quoted text>Right. It's probably right after the post where you admitted to killing women and children and contracting incurable syphilis. The tertiary symptoms are showing.
There's that dopey ad hominem already!

Give me a nice big NPD laugh! hahahahaha like that, but insane.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Jane DoDo wrote:
<quoted text>
Woo Hoooo, Drippy dick, the gutless wonder.
Gutless? That would be you and the other cowards rooting for the Viet Cong.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Jane DoDo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought.... you don't have any.
Nope. No bigotry. Unlike you.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple question that will get a simple answer.
No shadow government, our US Government. Our elections are owned. Lock, stock and barrel. I expect you to dispute this. "Some shadow government" indeed..... Our owners swept him away. Don't you know anything about how the world works ?
Sigh...
Quit dodging:
You really think Perot got the most Electoral College votes?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh...
Quit dodging:
You really think Perot got the most Electoral College votes?
Gawd you're boring.
flint

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Was there a clown jus on this post before me?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You wrote: "Reason #1 They were playing politics. Biden floated his approval of gay marriage publicly, when that went well, Obama announced his." That implies insincerity in Biden's and Obama's support of same sex marriage.
No, it doesn't, you stupid sow. I said they were playing politics. That's what I believe. Their personal positions? I don't really know, but if I had to bet, I'd bet they really have no problem with gay marriage.
Brian_G wrote:
For the Democrats, it's all about the popular vote; they treat same sex marriage as a marriage of convenience.
<quoted text>I've corrected Rose on her mistake many times; I've never divorced. It's clear now, Rose doesn't care about truth; she only cares about defaming political opponents.
You are vile, so I believe the person who said you are divorced, and not you. Many "save marriage" types are divorced.
Brian_G wrote:
If you love truth, keep marriage male/female because same sex marriage supporters use falsehood to promote their political goals.
You make no sense.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of Christs resurrection, and historical proof of the bible, as well as accurate prophecies.
BS.
There is no evidence of Christ's resurrection. No empty tomb, we can't talk to him today.
The buy-bull has plants growing before there is a sun. So, we know it's not historically accurate. And you can't come up with a real prophecy that has come true. Those "there will be war, earthquakes, and disease in various places" ones don't count, I can predict that.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
I am a man of FAITH, but this is not a topix of religion, lets get back to the topic - SSM
I say if the queers want to play together let them, but they shouldn't change the rules and rights of the norm. They just can't parade on in here and start demanding to be recognized and respected. Queers are nothing other than a second class citizen, as the feds clearly stated.
Sorry, homophobe, this is a simple matter of equal rights. It's unAmerican to be against equal rights.
A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right. A woman has the right to marry a man, a man should have that same right.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

What causes homophobia? I believe it's a person's inability to deal with their own same sex attractions.
Why is it, in general, so much more intense towards gay men?
This comes from a misunderstanding of how we reproduce. At one time, it was believed that semen actually was "seed". And that men could run out of it.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
yeah i start school in two days
Congrats! Have a great 2013!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I was agreeing with you, as I know it to be true. We are a softer, quieter version of the old Reich, being brought in slowly, as according to the frog-in-the-saucepan recipe, while being flooded with illegal immigrants that have no interest in resisting the current trend. They are so glad to be here, while possessing no sense of tradition, or history, that they will not argue with the government, in any way. Sheep being brought in, to replace the rams. Few Americans want to understand this, and many refuse to accept it. The few of us that do are labeled "traitors", or "terrorists' or "subversives" by our own people.
If you've ever wondered why there is a "nuts" judge-it icon, now you know.
flint

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Joint powers act cover this too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 10 hr Tounge inside Pussie Hole 655
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Thu Randy 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE