Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
150,901 - 150,920 of 200,582 Comments Last updated 29 min ago
Toxic TP

West Covina, CA

#172697 Dec 30, 2012
The 3% of Americans and of course those like Grover Norquist who invest in the USA with other countries moneys.

Blow it out and get real, those 3% are not going to rule over the 97% of real Americans.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#172698 Dec 30, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Loving V Virginia was never about gender, merely race, as I taught you.
No question; marriage has always been male/female in legal precedent until the 21st Century. There is no gender equality right in the US Constitution.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172703 Dec 31, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, there is same sex sex in nature, that is the definition of natural. There is no such thing as sin.
Idiot, that is because it has spread to the animals as well. Sexual training. That is why it mostly resides in domestic and agricultural animals.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172704 Dec 31, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you fundies randomly bring up Obama's name in every argument?
Because Obama is at the centre of it idiot.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172705 Dec 31, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying everybody had the right to marry someone of the same race, so we didn't need Loving v VA.
Since the "opposite sex" is not the same for men and women, men and women don't have equal rights when it comes to marriage.
Why are you against equal rights?
Oh, yeah, you're a fundie.
Yes it is the same for men and women. The opposite sex is there for a person to fully admire you fool.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172706 Dec 31, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Are you REALLY this stupid? Well, every time I think, "Nobody can be THAT stupid!", I'm proven wrong.
The pic I have up is my pic, yet it's not a pic of my face. Duh, moron.
<quoted text>
Bigfoot, you're not in the position to call anybody "pug ugly"! LOL!
<quoted text>
No, stupid, you con dumbs are violent, racist, and immoral. I would risk my life if I put a picture of my face up. You just risked ridicule.
So, why isn't your face up now? You don't have the guts?
Sauce of the goose...
You'd risk your life if you put a pic of yourself there? Really?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172707 Dec 31, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying everybody had the right to marry within their own race. Sorry, doesn't cut it.
A man can marry a woman, there is no reason a woman shouldn't be able to.
A woman can marry a man, there is no reason a man shouldn't be able to as well.
That's equal.
Don't they have equal rights where you are?
No its not. People marrying others of different races is natural, of the same sex it isn't.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172708 Dec 31, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey now....don't get any ideas.
I have enough friends and family and I don't want you over for X-Mas 2013.
Let's be clear.
Shut up idiot. Most gay freaks like you have to resort to name calling even when you know nothing about the posters because otherwise you wouldn't win. You weird little boy.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172709 Dec 31, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh c'mon now!
I just responded to an earlier lonely post of yours already.
If you want to spend your holidays posting in here with strangers rather than spend time with your family or friends you probably don't have then by God that's your right! I mean....you've got to have some social interaction be it real or the internet and your choice is the internet. I'd only ask you not look for inflatable vinyl love when the time comes for intimacy.
You stupid little faq. Homosexuals do not have any love. They are just empty bags of sex who want to fill up who they are as people when yet they are absolutely nothing. Rebellious little turd.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172710 Dec 31, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Two adult individuals denied marriage for who they were.
Nope....you're wrong. Same thing.
Next.
Poor child. Homosexuals are self loathing individuals and know they aren't loved and can never be loved. You once had your chance but by some tragedy were mere turned into a mess and left to die and rot as people. Poor Child!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#172711 Dec 31, 2012
Dan. What a jackass!

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Magistic

West Covina, CA

#172712 Dec 31, 2012
L. Graham that little Republican perp from one of those Southern states has done nothing but stir up trouble, must be his flapping big mouth again concerning the financial issues of the United States of America.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172713 Dec 31, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta go Mike! If I get a couple of bucks and you're around I'll throw you some. I heard that junior colleges are attainable for about anyone. You be good. Don't get caught with your hands down your pants at Denny's or whatever.
Love ya brother!
You've been saying that for years! "If I get a couple of bucks".

You ain't gonna get a couple bucks unless you get off your fat blubbery ass, get off the Obama Plan and get a JOB!

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172714 Dec 31, 2012
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd risk your life if you put a pic of yourself there? Really?
Rose_NoHo suffers from delusions of grandeur! She actually believes someone would give a sh!t about her enough to threaten her dopey life!

Too funny!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#172715 Dec 31, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo suffers from delusions of grandeur! She actually believes someone would give a sh!t about her enough to threaten her dopey life!
Too funny!
And now she is going off with some boy just because she looks the look of his boner apparently and likes the thought that he is thinking of having sex with her too. She's said that. Rose's law is little than that she is a prostitute lady.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172716 Dec 31, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Good stuff.
And thanks for the advice. Given you'll be alone or with whatever I don't think I'll feel too cheated when I'm spooning the wife nor jealous of your rockstar lifestyle but thanks again anyway. Have a good New Year little chief!
Her name's not "whatever", it's toots! She's twice the gal you are. And we got chemistry.

She only goes with rock stars and you ain't one. So butt out Dopey!

Yeah, yeah. Happy New Year Jackass. Hope you get a bad hangover from that cheap popskull Walgreen's Sacramento Gin.

P.S. Get a job!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#172717 Dec 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
As I posted. I "Might've" posted on Christmas, didn't remember (or check), sad that you had to make a point of knowing. Oh well, matters not. Did I post on Saturday, or Friday, for that matter ? Check it out and let me know...
Yeah I did. My morbid curiousity got the better of me and I wanted to see if you were actually in here on Christmas.

And your sad ass was. Pathetic.

Befor you point your scraggly index finger at others lives, in this case gays marrying, I'd suggest you find one of your own.

Maybe next Christmas you'lll then be too busy to be posting crap in TOPIX.

LOL!!!

Good gaaawd buddy....
BlankAlot

West Covina, CA

#172718 Dec 31, 2012
This will be the first time that the Republicans and Tea Party member's hacked the Federal govt deliberately triggered a recession.

Nice math.

Location hidden

#172719 Dec 31, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a M.S. Geology Fuitloops! Has served me well. Retired very comfortably living on both coasts. Life is good!
You don't love me you big fibber!
Denny's? What's that?
M.S. IN Geology?(Observe I made sure to capitalize it as you did out of the utmost awe and respect)

Well golly! You're king of the road! Remind me to never again think of you as some internet troll who's only in here given your outside social life is in the toilet.

LOL!!!!

Location hidden

#172720 Dec 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that details are a bother for you...There was more to it, than simply "Two adult individuals"..Pesky details...
Sorry....two adult individuals who were of the same sex.

Help?

LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 29 at 2:18PM PDT

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info