Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,515)

Showing posts 150,281 - 150,300 of200,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Milking

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

With Milk price wars coming in 2013 beause the lay slobs calling themselves Republicans and Tea Party JERKS.

Can't get their signals straight or understand the problems in Washington D.C..

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, what I said was "For thousands of years, a marriage has been defined as a relationship between a man and a woman that includes sexual intercourse—the kind of act that can (but does not always) lead to the woman's pregnancy. A homosexual relationship, regardless of how enduring it is as a bond of loving commitment, does not and cannot include sexual intercourse leading to pregnancy. Thus it is not marriage." I didn't say anything about churches, you did..But, then, you decided to dispute the statement that I didn't actually make, with "Shoot son, 1100 years ago you can find record of it in churches." to which I replied "We are not interested in any religious arguments, in here, and to attempt to do so will result in your being called a fundie. We are using the Constitution, and nought else. But, in order to be a sport, would you please provide me with a link to your "record of it in churches", Which led you to post "The first historical mention of the performance of same-sex marriages occurred during the early Roman Empire.[68] For instance, Emperor Nero is reported to have engaged in a marriage ceremony with one of his male slaves. Emperor Elagabalus "married" a Carian slave named Hierocles.[69] These were usually reported in a critical or satirical manner.", which, of course, was nonsense, as you had used Ancient Rome as your qualifier concerning your claim about the Christian Church, which as already been discounted, by Chongo, and her mindless drivel..
So, anyway, to cut to the chase, you found 1, count them, 1, example of a gay marriage going back 1100 years, and nothing else. And your posts about Rome debunked your mythology even more...
Then, we went to IdiotLand again, with "Like I said you have no reasonable objection to same sex marriage, none, nada, zip, zilch.", in clear ignorance of historical records that would indicate that marriage is for heterosexual couples. You give a limp swish of your hand, and wave away rational arguments from many of us, that are far more learned than you, and say "Procreation is not a requirement of marriage, never has been.", as if that settles the argument. It does not. You claim hollow victories. And that marks you, as an idiot, bar none.
Show me any law in any state that requires a woman's pregnancy in marriage, any state. I will wait. Now fruck stick if you are going to go back in time, perhalps men should be allowed 700 wives. What gives you the right to deny Homosexuals the same marriage rights that you enjoy as a heterosexual? Please do show me the law. I will wait

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You did say this correct?
"English broad eh. I can dig it. Did she have good teeth? You know those limeys are dentally challenged."
Hey fruck stick, thats a bigoted comment
Loosen up Al it's a good natured joke.

Use those sharp detective skills to ferret out some real bigotry, starting with your own posts.

Glad I could help.
Randy

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

While a 3:46 special Glendora city council meeting took place for the randy city council members to glott like pigs and pat themselves on the back for another BAD years worth of work handed out to Glendora residents.

Mnay did not wish to watch the city council meeting nor attend as heartburn would only set in.

Once again it has shown that walking in lockstep with the criminal groups will get you ahead.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Show me any law in any state that requires a woman's pregnancy in marriage, any state. I will wait. Now fruck stick if you are going to go back in time, perhalps men should be allowed 700 wives. What gives you the right to deny Homosexuals the same marriage rights that you enjoy as a heterosexual? Please do show me the law. I will wait
What gives you the right to deny a man 700 wives?
Randy

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

While a 3:46 special Glendora city council meeting took place for the randy city council members to glott like pigs and pat themselves on the back for another BAD years worth of work handed out to Glendora residents.

Mnay did not wish to watch the city council meeting nor attend as heartburn would only set in once the gladhanding started.

Once again it has shown that walking in lockstep with the criminal groups will get you ahead.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Show me any law in any state that requires a woman's pregnancy in marriage, any state. I will wait. Now fruck stick if you are going to go back in time, perhalps men should be allowed 700 wives. What gives you the right to deny Homosexuals the same marriage rights that you enjoy as a heterosexual? Please do show me the law. I will wait
That's two "I will wait" in one post! You're a patient jackass!

So how's it going dummy? Still waiting?

Too funny!

P.S. What's a fruck stick? Why is he a fruck stick but I'm a sugar nipples?
Randy

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Oh look another flappy Jack O..

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
That's two "I will wait" in one post! You're a patient jackass!
So how's it going dummy? Still waiting?
Too funny!
P.S. What's a fruck stick? Why is he a fruck stick but I'm a sugar nipples?
Why am I a jackass, sugar nipples? I guess the questions are a bit over your simple mind. Have a nice day

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives you the right to deny a man 700 wives?
I didnt, jackass, if you want 700 wives hire a lawyer, and take it before scotus, jackass

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Loosen up Al it's a good natured joke.
Use those sharp detective skills to ferret out some real bigotry, starting with your own posts.
Glad I could help.
Why not fly to London and share your good natured joke with them. I know why not make off handed remarks against blacks, asians and ladies. Mr Bigot

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Real nice, do you spit or swallow?
Here we have a rather nasty homophobic post from you, Jazzybird58.

The same jackass who butts in and accuses me of "bigotry" for joking with a Brit who is a friend of mine about the stereotype about Brits having bad teeth.

That's why I call you a jackass!

If you want to ferret out bigotry Mr. Sharpton, look first at your own dopey posts.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why am I a jackass, sugar nipples? I guess the questions are a bit over your simple mind. Have a nice day
No. It's just that the questions are stupid.

So are you still waiting for the answers jackass?

Guess what. No one gives a sh!t.

Wait longer dummy!

Have a f***ed up day! Hope Santa sh!ts in your hat.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why not fly to London and share your good natured joke with them. I know why not make off handed remarks against blacks, asians and ladies. Mr Bigot
I would. And they'd laugh. Lighten up Mr. Sharpton, no one is offended except for your fake outrage.

So as long as you feel free to suggest things for me to do, I feel comfortable making a suggestion to you-

Why not eat sh!t and gag?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt, jackass, if you want 700 wives hire a lawyer, and take it before scotus, jackass
Did I say I did stupid? What's wrong with you jackass?

Too funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike was asking an informed question, pertaining to a flaw in the calcium intake of my people from the British Isles. It was not bigotry, nor is it ever, to know something of the subject one speaks of. You should try it.
He asked me questions about sucking d!cks for chrissakes.

Then he's offended by a scientific statement about calcium intake by my British friends.

And then he asks why do I call him a jackass!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt, jackass, if you want 700 wives hire a lawyer, and take it before scotus, jackass
I called SCOTUS. They said call back after the holidays and they'll pencil me in for next time they're in session. I'll get my suit cleaned and pressed!

Meanwhile how's that waiting for those answers going for you dummy?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a rather nasty homophobic post from you, Jazzybird58.
The same jackass who butts in and accuses me of "bigotry" for joking with a Brit who is a friend of mine about the stereotype about Brits having bad teeth.
That's why I call you a jackass!
If you want to ferret out bigotry Mr. Sharpton, look first at your own dopey posts.
I simply asked you a question, I did not make any fase nor negative remarks.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's just that the questions are stupid.
So are you still waiting for the answers jackass?
Guess what. No one gives a sh!t.
Wait longer dummy!
Have a f***ed up day! Hope Santa sh!ts in your hat.
Really,stupid questions? Hey sugar nipples your buddy Rock, is the person that is saying procreation is a requirement of marriage not me.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked me questions about sucking d!cks for chrissakes.
Then he's offended by a scientific statement about calcium intake by my British friends.
And then he asks why do I call him a jackass!
Please do show me the post where I asked if you sucked D!cks, go ahead and find it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 150,281 - 150,300 of200,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 35 min Helpful Hank 4,838
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Bruno24 15,910
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 6 Tammie Casas Is Fat 625
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
Review: Steve Leskera Painting Jul 2 Digiscotto69 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••