Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,965

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Leica

Covina, CA

#171197 Dec 13, 2012
Haven't you cleared your brains out yet?
BrownStone

Covina, CA

#171198 Dec 13, 2012
A far thinking Republican who cast the deciding vote to legalize gay marriage in New York state has lost his re-election bid in 2012.

We thank him for what he did.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#171199 Dec 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, segregation during the 60's was imposed.
People are still free to have racially "segregated" marriages.
People in the states that recognize gay marriages are free to marry someone of the opposite sex.
You have no point.
don't worry rose , brian g was genetically stupid
OhNoMoose

Covina, CA

#171200 Dec 13, 2012
The top official at the Loyal Order of Moose and Moose International fraternal organizations molested a boy more than 30 years ago.
Winston Smiths dog

Catlett, VA

#171201 Dec 13, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Down with gender segregation marriage; keep marriage gender diverse. You should have learned in the 60's, segregation isn't the answer.
You come up with some of the most incredibly dumb bumper sticker style posts. Segregation was the forcible separation of blacks and whites at the expense of blacks. Same sex marriage ALLOWS same sex couples to enter into marriages. They've been kept from them up to now.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#171202 Dec 13, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
Liar liar pants on fire!
What a silly day! And Big D claimed about 5 hours ago he was "done with that"!
Guess not.
WOOHOO!
P.S. Winston- Who the man?
Dang sugar britches, YOU stuck on STUPID?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#171203 Dec 13, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Dang sugar britches, YOU stuck on STUPID?
Wow! Another idiotic senseless post from the resident creep.

Shuddup you jackass tinfoil hat wearing creep! You're stupid. And your posts are dumb and boring.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#171204 Dec 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the simple fact:
Skinner v OK was not a case about marriage.
Why don't you look up the case? Since it's clear you haven't.
"Skinner v. State of Oklahoma, ex. rel. Williamson, 316 U.S. 535 (1942),[1] was the United States Supreme Court ruling which held that compulsory sterilization could not be imposed as a punishment for a crime..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinner_v._Oklah...
"This case touches a sensitive and important area of human rights. Oklahoma deprives certain individuals of a right which is basic to the perpetuation of a race -- the right to have offspring. "
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...
Skinner v OK didn't change marriage laws at all.
I guess reading the actual opinion of the court is too confusing for you so you need the cliff notes version on wiki.

Rose, if you don't know wtf you are talking about how do you expect anyone else to?
Like I said, call the court and tell them they screwed up and shouldn't have used Skinner v Oklahoma as precedent when calling marriage a "right" because Skinner v Oklahoma has nothing to do with marriage..
You are such an idiot.

Location hidden

#171205 Dec 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @ you.
I guess you can't answer simple questions. What the matter, hasn't you blog given you the correct response yet? We all know you are incapable of drafting your own thoughts.

Answer the question Rose, where is the check on the court?
I know you are dodging because you simply don't know. Why don't you just admit that and I could explain to you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#171214 Dec 13, 2012
Is that big dopey jackass Dan gonna be posting dumb stuff again today? Anyone know?
Gloo

Covina, CA

#171219 Dec 13, 2012
Magicial moon beams are coming your way today.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#171223 Dec 13, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tells us that an awful lot of lobbyists are on their knees, subverting national identity. Let me guess, you're a lobbyist ?
what's that.... your on your knees blowing a lobbyist
BSA network

Covina, CA

#171225 Dec 13, 2012
Boy Scouts of America has appealed a Santa Barbara judge's order to surrender decades of confidential files detailing alleged child sex abuse.
ShoeCam

Covina, CA

#171228 Dec 13, 2012
How would you know unless you peeked.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#171232 Dec 13, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess reading the actual opinion of the court is too confusing for you so you need the cliff notes version on wiki.
Rose, if you don't know wtf you are talking about how do you expect anyone else to?
Like I said, call the court and tell them they screwed up and shouldn't have used Skinner v Oklahoma as precedent when calling marriage a "right" because Skinner v Oklahoma has nothing to do with marriage..
You are such an idiot.

Skinner v Oklahoma wasn't a case about marriage, it was a case about using forced sterilization as a means of punishment.
Why don't you look up the case and read about it if you don't trust me? Can you tell us how marriage laws were changed by Skinner v OK? Wait, they weren't.

North Hollywood, CA

#171233 Dec 13, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you can't answer simple questions. What the matter, hasn't you blog given you the correct response yet? We all know you are incapable of drafting your own thoughts.
I know you are dodging because you simply don't know. Why don't you just admit that and I could explain to you.
LOL @ you, simpleton. Keep asking.

North Hollywood, CA

#171237 Dec 13, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You might think that you are slick with that, but I do not dance, sir. I get to the point, in spite of any ignorance of the part of the libertines. 2 men or 2 women constitute a mismatched pairing. Not the point of marriage. Marriage is an institution for procreating couples to use in order to establish a continuity of inheritance and unity, closed to any outside interloping or interference.
But, bigfoot, sterile people can marry, so you are wrong!
R Hudson wrote:
Marriage is now being assailed, by the gays, in order to lay claim to a validity that does not have any historical recognition,
Appealing to tradition is a logical fallacy.
R Hudson wrote:
and to claim some vast number of governmental rights that were established, in order to protect the family unit. Dance around that. 3 legged dog on a cocaine diet ? I smell dan, with a sock puppet, due to the protracted analogy.
Marriage is a legal contract, marriage is a right.

Location hidden

#171239 Dec 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Skinner v Oklahoma wasn't a case about marriage, it was a case about using forced sterilization as a means of punishment.
Why don't you look up the case and read about it if you don't trust me? Can you tell us how marriage laws were changed by Skinner v OK? Wait, they weren't.
You really are an idiot aren't you.

Where does the precedent for marriage as a "right" come from?

Simple question Rose, well, it won't be for you.

Location hidden

#171240 Dec 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @ you, simpleton. Keep asking.
Like I said, you can't answer, because you don't know. That makes you the fool Rose.

Location hidden

#171241 Dec 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Appealing to tradition is a logical fallacy.
You are a living logical fallacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 2,268
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Mel 15,998
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr sanford 5,073
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 9 hr Mac 124
Is any place hiring? 13 hr GrdCabot 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 21 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
Councilman Chuck Vasquez pleads guilty to embez... Tue Debbie 2
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••