Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
149,741 - 149,760 of 200,594 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls Girls ... both of you stop !
I would love to, but the obsessed kid follows from topic to topic bringing up the same crap over and over and over again regardless of what is being discussed.

There isnít much more I can do but return the favor in kind.

I am willing to stop any time, but Liar Mike wont... so... not much I can do until he tires of it.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, coward, read this and then reiterate your claim that the unions are not thugs:
New video has surfaced showing Fox News contributor Steven Crowder being repeatedly punched while trying to stop Michigan pro-union protestors from tearing down a conservative tent outside the stateís capitol.
Earlier this afternoon, we reported that pro-union protestors in Michigan tore down an Americans for Prosperity tent while rallying against the stateís new right-to-work law.
Crowder was apparently on the scene to conduct man-on-the-street interviews, when things seemed to have gotten quite tense.
One protester cursed at him as he attempted to ask a question; another grabbed Crowder and punched him in the head a few times. Later on, as a tent was being torn down, Crowder was hit again.
However, being that the video is edited, it is unclear whether the violence against Crowder resulted from something we donít see on-camera, or what sort of exchange occurred immediately before the punching at 0:38 into the video.
Before the video surfaced, Crowder tweeted several pictures of himself, post-punching."
When someone puts there hands onto your wallet and your future, unlike some people in here, you protect yourself. Why do you insist to lower the bar of the working people when the employers live high on the hog, don't you want a level playing ground, don't you want a piece of the pie, don't be such a spineless moron. I do agree with one thing you say here, the video could have been edited we'll never know but we do know that the employer will continue to beat you down unless you show him thatn is won't be that easy. I won't try to cnvince you anymore on this subject, but please don't blame me for the comfortabel life I live and the opportunity I have to negocialte. Have a great day

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to, but the obsessed kid follows from topic to topic bringing up the same crap over and over and over again regardless of what is being discussed.
I am willing to stop any time, but Liar Mike wont... so... not much I can do until he tires of it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls Girls ... both of you stop !
Aw shuddup! Who yanked your commie chain?

Hey Bruno- You're a fair impartial equal opportunity jerk, who's the bigger icehole, me or Big D? Who's the most wrong?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful! Saddling up to Bruno like that. You're gonna get burned.

What a team though! Big D, Bruno and Mr Anderson!

FUN!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup! Who yanked your commie chain?
Hey Bruno- You're a fair impartial equal opportunity jerk, who's the bigger icehole, me or Big D? Who's the most wrong?
Why dont you just lie about what he is saying and then attack that?

It is your way

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you just lie about what he is saying and then attack that?
It is your way
Because I don't lie. It is not my way. It is your way.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't lie. It is not my way. It is your way.
Well stop lying and I will stop calling you a liar, that is something you control

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Down with gender segregation marriage; keep marriage gender diverse. You should have learned in the 60's, segregation isn't the answer.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stop lying and I will stop calling you a liar, that is something you control
I haven't lied. You have.

I'll quote your lie upon request.

You can't do the same because there is none.
Hasablad

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Must have been a real doozie
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't lied. You have.
I'll quote your lie upon request.
You can't do the same because there is none.
Nope, you are a lair, I have already demonstrated you are a liar and you cannot come up with a single post of mine to substantiate you lying.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you are a lair, I have already demonstrated you are a liar and you cannot come up with a single post of mine to substantiate you lying.
You posted days ago acting like you didn't know that I didn't support Clinton's impeachment. Stop lying, you might even motivate me to find it, and that's a pain in the ass.

You lied again by implying I wanted Clinton impeached even after that several times.

And of course you're lying by saying you never said Clinton's impeachment failed.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Liar liar pants on fire!

What a silly day! And Big D claimed about 5 hours ago he was "done with that"!

Guess not.

WOOHOO!

P.S. Winston- Who the man?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, if you don't know wtf you are talking about how do you expect anyone else to?
Like I said, call the court and tell them they screwed up and shouldn't have used Skinner v Oklahoma as precedent when calling marriage a "right" because Skinner v Oklahoma has nothing to do with marriage..
You are such an idiot.
This is the simple fact:
Skinner v OK was not a case about marriage.
Why don't you look up the case? Since it's clear you haven't.

"Skinner v. State of Oklahoma, ex. rel. Williamson, 316 U.S. 535 (1942),[1] was the United States Supreme Court ruling which held that compulsory sterilization could not be imposed as a punishment for a crime..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinner_v._Oklah...

"This case touches a sensitive and important area of human rights. Oklahoma deprives certain individuals of a right which is basic to the perpetuation of a race -- the right to have offspring. "
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...

Skinner v OK didn't change marriage laws at all.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question Rose, where is the check on the court?
I know you are dodging because you simply don't know. Why don't you just admit that and I could explain to you.
LOL @ you.
Toppers at 10

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Investigators searched the homes of the officers who secured the crash site and found victims' belongings in two. The government said Thursday it then arrested the 23-year-old and another officer who is 24.

The officers belong to a new state police force meant to be more effective and less corrupt than its predecessors.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Down with gender segregation marriage; keep marriage gender diverse. You should have learned in the 60's, segregation isn't the answer.
Stupid, segregation during the 60's was imposed.
People are still free to have racially "segregated" marriages.
People in the states that recognize gay marriages are free to marry someone of the opposite sex.
You have no point.
Toppers at 10

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Once again history proves the Republican Party are made up of Racists and woman hating crazy men and their lackies.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, segregation during the 60's was imposed.
People are still free to have racially "segregated" marriages.
People in the states that recognize gay marriages are free to marry someone of the opposite sex.
You have no point.
You mean... it isnít mandatory?
Oh then I am all for it.
( chuckle )
I think that was John Stewart long ago

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... 1 hr Dr Zorderz 14
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Wed Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed facts faced 15,929
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Tue Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 17 Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••