Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
149,701 - 149,720 of 200,329 Comments Last updated 25 min ago
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
'I' am using fancy words to illustrate the fact that we, as a race, have never recognized gay as being deserving of marriage. Up until recently, we would never have even entertained the notion of it. But, now, we have so many lawyers about, it is inevitable that we have to address the issue, at all.
Who's "we"?

You and the other dumpy losers who get sloppy drunk playing poker on Friday nights?

And fellow American citizens are not deserving of a basic civil liberty because you say so?

Good luck with that.

LOL!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You had to go to Japan to find a Fa$$ot to marry. Really sick. A Japanese Fa$$ot. WOW
Now that's not nice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a very good example of a red herring. Gov't resources will be wasted PURSUING the question of allowing the gays to marry.
You'll have to better than that.
Specifically how?

And was it a waste when they debated whether or not to allow slaves freedom in the 1800's given that topic centered around American citizens gaining civil rights as well?

Here's where you're a mess - you fail to recognize all American citizens are due a full set of liberties. Being allowed to marry an adult of one's choice is simply that...a liberty.

See....I don't have to dance around like a 3 legged dog on a cocaine diet to get to the point like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you Fa$$ot. Marriage is the legal union between a man and a woman which find attraction, love and a willingness to commit to this legal union. That's not hard for most people to comprehend, but then, you're a fking idiot.
Nine states and growing says you're wrong in that same sexed couples are doing just that.

Gettin' HITCHED BABY!!!

Tom and Jerry, Kim and Suzy, Fred and Ted, Moe and Joe, Sally and Cindy amongst others are tradin' rings as symbols of wedding blings.

Now you can shit spaghtti until the contents of your last meal is gone my little mental chihuahua but them's the facts.

LOL!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine states and growing says you're wrong in that same sexed couples are doing just that.
Gettin' HITCHED BABY!!!
Tom and Jerry, Kim and Suzy, Fred and Ted, Moe and Joe, Sally and Cindy amongst others are tradin' rings as symbols of wedding blings.
Now you can shit spaghtti until the contents of your last meal is gone my little mental chihuahua but them's the facts.
LOL!!!
Bruce, Frank, and Dan Too!

Mary, Jane, and Joe!

I'm with you Danny boy. Equality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
41 states say I'm right. 30 of them which have written gay bans into their state constitution. Don't think it's going to be as easy as you Fa$$ots think.
Now you can eat the shit from the spaghetti I shit out until it's all gone, my little shiteater, but those are the real facts.
It used to be only one state.

What does that tell you genius?

LOL!!

Let me guess....you're single.
mountainmarttrek s

Kathmandu, Nepal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Cost Inclusive:

All airport/Hotel transfers
2 star accommodation in Kathmandu for 3 nights on BB plan
Welcome and farewell dinner
City tour by private transport
Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
Hot drinks (Tea & Coffee)
Safe Drinking water
All mountain accommodation (3 Nights twin sharing Room with independent bathroom and hot shower; remaining nights soft, comfortable twin sharing private room but share bathroom)
Domestic flight (Kathmandu /Lukla / Kathmandu)
Airport taxes
An experienced English-speaking trek leader (Govt. registered trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
All necessary paper work and permits (National Park Permit & TIMS )
A comprehensive medical kit
All government and local taxes
Trekking equipment such as four season down jacket, sleeping bag, trekking boots, rain coat, walking stick and many more as per necessity

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much, used to travel in space also. We don't now. Used to have polio running rapid also Fa$$ot, we don't now. Just a matter of time.
What does that tell you genius?
Tells me you're not discussing the aspect of gay marriage growing more and more queer.

LOL!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Tells me you're not discussing the aspect of gay marriage growing more and more queer.
LOL!!!
WHAT?

Anyone know what this means? Dan's not talking to me, can't ask him.

YUK!YUK!YUK!

Seriously, though. WTF?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
actually that is NOT the case in a growing number of states, and it doesn’t matter how angry you get, but now many tens ( if not hundreds ) of thousands of same sex couples are legally married.
More will follow
Get over it
It hasn’t hurt my marriage that they can marry, maybe you should look to your own marriage ( if you have found someone that will have you ) for the stability you lack in your own.
As it stands now, there are more states with Constitutional Amendments restricting marriage to one man and one woman. Enough that you couldn't even get close to the ratification of a Constitutional Amendment to legalize it across the land- in fact quite the opposite is true as we are far closer to the ratification of one to the contrary.

So everything you say is simply fantasy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, my claim was: Skinner v OK was not a case about marriage. And it wasn't. It was a case about using forced sterilization as a means of punishment. Were any marriage laws changed because of Skinner?
Rose, if you don't know wtf you are talking about how do you expect anyone else to?

Like I said, call the court and tell them they screwed up and shouldn't have used Skinner v Oklahoma as precedent when calling marriage a "right" because Skinner v Oklahoma has nothing to do with marriage..

You are such an idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're claiming we don't have checks and balances in our system of government? That was what I said, dummy.
Answer the question Rose, where is the check on the court?

I know you are dodging because you simply don't know. Why don't you just admit that and I could explain to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it did. Anybody can look.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
<quoted text>
Whatever, b1tch.
Whatever, bitch is the best you got?

Skinner v Oklahoma did, they just affirmed it. Not once does the court say "Marriage is a Right" outside of the reference to Skinner v Oklahoma Rose.
That's why they cited Skinner v Oklahoma. Stop trying to act as if you understand law because you watch Judge Judy.
mountainmarttrek s

Kathmandu, Nepal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

If you are coming in Nepal freely contact the mountainmarttreks because the company is one of the best trekking company in Nepal it trust on excellent service to the client.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That shows me asking you a question. You are lying, if you claim that it shows me saying anything like that. And, if you can show me saying anything like that at all, then you are a magician. If you have to split hairs to win an argument, then you have lost. Little difference between "idiot" and stupid, as you clearly demonstrate. Now, class is dismissed.
You buffoon.
I know a very nice openly homosexual couple who are legally married and raising twin daughters, respected at work, and in the community.

I can tell you I would rather them raising children than people for whom hate is the center pillar of their lives.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,'I' almost forgot...
'I' hold 2 degrees, in Chemistry and Astrophysics, and 'I' have been a teacher.
FYI, "Friend".
I doubt it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That shows me asking you a question. You are lying, if you claim that it shows me saying anything like that. And, if you can show me saying anything like that at all, then you are a magician. If you have to split hairs to win an argument, then you have lost. Little difference between "idiot" and stupid, as you clearly demonstrate. Now, class is dismissed.
You buffoon.
Post 171104;

"'I' said "adopt", not foster care."

-You also mentioned foster care genius.

Where do you think adoptive kids come from if not in foster care or orphanges? You think they were dropped by one of the baby delivering storks?

LOL!!!

And BTW...kids adopted in either foster care or orphanages by gay families stand to fare better than if left in those institutions.

You've got at least 7 problems that I can identify and God knows how many others would come out if you lived close by but I'm only interested in one -

-How is it you think your opinion on homosexual marriage crosses over from just that, an opinion, into fact?

You're lost friend.

The only fact is that a group of American citizens, gays, want to hold the ability to marry the adult of their choice and that is by all indications a basic civil right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
But, rose, we are not talking about protection, we are talking about entitlement, and attack upon a universally recognized institution. Don't forget ability does not grant validation.
American citizens should be entitled to a full set of freedoms marriage being one of those freedoms.

Apparently you disagree.

And specifically how does gay marriage "attack" marriages as a whole?

You talk out of your ass more than some homeless delusional drunkard in a bar claiming he's the head of the FBI and is only doing undercover work before he asks for some more money to keep his binge on.

LOL!!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
American citizens should be entitled to a full set of freedoms marriage being one of those freedoms.
Apparently you disagree.
And specifically how does gay marriage "attack" marriages as a whole?
You talk out of your ass more than some homeless delusional drunkard in a bar claiming he's the head of the FBI and is only doing undercover work before he asks for some more money to keep his binge on.
LOL!!!!
You're homeless, drunk and broke? Get off Topix and get a job! And get some therapy for the drinking and the FBI delusions.

FUN!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it.
I don't. You really are that stupid!

WOOHOO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr cathyjudy 7,838
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 13 hr Mis kites 15,915
Review: Rich's Painting Wed Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Wed Alice 2
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Wed AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Wed Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••