Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
149,681 - 149,700 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 51 min ago

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up loser. Clinton was impeached. It did not fail.
Happened last century. Accept it. Move on. We both know what happened.
I can't believe this dead horse is still breathing! Genuine LOL!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
But, rose, we are not talking about protection, we are talking about entitlement, and attack upon a universally recognized institution. Don't forget ability does not grant validation.
You are so dumb, you don't even know what "equal protection of the laws" means.
And gay marriage isn't an attack against marriage.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And,'I' was being nice, for once, LOL, when 'I' addressed you by name, as seen above. What a mistake that was. Chongles, old pal, they are getting paid to preside over important cases, not frivolous ones, as the SSM issue is. This BS issue actually wastes (not "wait(ed)[sic]) the time that other, more important cases require. Silly monkey. As per the "STFU" issue,'I' find myself (oddly) in agreement with you.
Bigfoot, they get paid, gay marriage cases or no. Do you think they haven't been paid ever in all of history, waiting for a gay marriage case?

And why do you racists call black people "monkeys" when monkeys have light skin, straight hair, thin lips and flat butts?
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, you knuckle-dragging uni-brow, but you cannot be serious with this? LOL You see no difference between a ritual ceremony, and the description of the ritual ceremony ? You are truly absurd. Do you also believe that the TV set and the manual for the TV set are one and the same ? HAR HAR YUK YUK You are absolutely the dumbest son-of-a-b!tch in here...
Right.

Well Einstein there is only one thing called marriage. Your efforts of muddying the waters illustrate how polluted your mind just might be.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is even less beneficial, for the majority of us, to waste U.S. Government resources, attempting to re-define the term "marriage", for the benefit of less than 10% of the population. Way to go, chump...
Prove it.

Prove that government resources will be wasted should we allow gays to marry.

I don't see it but you go on now...show us the goods. Show us the proof.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your take" is erroneous. You are witnessing the phenomenon of common sense refusing to be buried. You, surely, cannot expect 90% of us to clam up, so as to allow 10% of the population to take control ? How about simply speaking for your end of the spectrum, the "lower than 56 IQ points" crowd, and not attempting to identify with the smart ones of us that have the real grasp of the situation ?
LOL!!

I don't think your idea of 'common sense' is shared.

As messed up as you are you might think using Reynolds foil on a baby in leiu of Huggies diapers is 'common sense' given it's cheaper and forms to an infants backsides more closely....LOL!!!!!

Homosexuals wishing to marry merely represents an American citizens wish to pursue a particular liberty which as of yet has not proven to cause any harm outside of making you get all squinty eyed mad given you don't like it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe this dead horse is still breathing! Genuine LOL!
;D

Who the man?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, again, making a racist issue out of my referral, to your mentality...
Your referral was racist. Why act like it wasn't?
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Wrong, because legislated recognition is not the same as universal recognition.
2) I though it was YOU who had the tubba-blubba that earned the moniker of "pocchari", as you had the mistaken idea of posting your lardass in here, for all to laugh at...
3) Having some people ignore common sense arguments does not invalidate the truth.
4) Who said that abusive foster care was better ? You, perhaps, have some evidence that I said that, as you are attacking me for it ?
5) This is a proven and time-tested truth, as well, as Chongo like to drone on about morons worrying about children. It is also the opinion of others, not just me.
6) Your idea seems to be that one kind of broken home is better than another type of broken home...interesting. Fallacious, but interesting.
7) Why should they be given a second rate home, at all ? There are many loving heterosexual couples wishing to adopt, not merely foster. Wake up, moron. And the voice of reason and sanity will not be silenced by an idiotic "STFU" from you.
8) You spend a lot of time there, must be a living nightmare for you.
9) Many things make them unequal. Do you, perhaps, have anything to offer to prove that they are not unequal ? My most unshakeable offering is empirical evidence.
10) Thinking will not give me any aneurysm, perhaps your stupid ass should not use words that you cannot spell ?
I don't give a rat's ass about your choco ice cream analogy, we are not discussing confections...
Allow me, again, to assist in your much resisted learning:(pocchari)= plump. From: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Truth is truth, whether it's disputed, or not.
It HAS been proven.
Yes, they are broken. They are out of balance, like a wheel on a car that makes said car shudder.
Shoddy is what they are.
Time spent as a loser, you said you've "been there" ???
Sure, I've offered evidence, I take your glaring omission of anything to prove that they are NOT unequal to be a confession of the the lack of same ?
LOL re: your claim about thinking, I have been handing you your ass since you started jousting with me. You are clearly subpar as per intelligence. Like yer hero, Chongo...
Why is it I get the feeling if I advised you not to reach into a running garbage disposal to clean out an obstruction you'd do it anyway out of beligerance?

LOL!!!

You can state your *opinion* a hundred times but it's still just your personal opinion.

If you're just that stupid to think foster care for little kiddies is better than giving them a loving home then so be it.

And if you want to learn Japanese try 'baca' given you're full of it.

LOL!!!!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an attack upon the dignity, and honor, of marriage.
No, it's not, bigfoot.
R Hudson wrote:
Similar to the Boy Scouts, and the forced intrusion into their group. Insults the meaning of marriage, and renders it more susceptible to disparagement, and disrespect.
Wiccan, my backside.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, please, explain your apparent confusion in your post, in which you scoffed at the difference between marriage and the definition of marriage...
I don't think I was the one confused friend.

LOL!!!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I can read that, as reading the posts that both you, and Chongo, have scrawled has strengthened my ability to decipher gibberish. And another of inane analogies that misses the mark....The sad fact is that my world is the dollar, and your side is the dime. And we are witnessing the dollars being made subservient to the dime, with this issue.
You puff yoursedlf up pretty big in the internet.

In the internet you're the champion, the leader....hell.....you're the next thing to a god.

Do you glow at night too?

LOL!!!!

You the man Rock Hudson.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Even now, you show your confusion. You call me "friend". Why ?
If you got around socially you'd know when someone wishes to disrespect you in a debate the term serves as a form of belittlement.

You might need to get out a little more than just talking to the clerk at 7-11 to get your nightly case of Budweiser Light.

FYI
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Psst...Then again,'I' might not....
And gays have no business attempting to appropriate a title that they do not rate. Marriage is for properly formatted couples to enjoy. Gays can have their relationships, without the Gov't stamp of approval to use to force the majority of us to recognize their theft of honor.
"...a title they do not rate."

LOL!!!

And how is it gays are not able to approprate a title they do not 'rate'?

And what is this "theft of honor" bullshit.

Are gays out there claiming to be war heroes????

LOL!!!

Your thoughts are a bad mikshake made up of 382 of the wrong ingredients friend....LOL!!!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
But, if Japanese is the language of the moment, you may now address me as "Hudson-SAMA". Ichi-ban-SAMA ! Chew on that, smartass.
Nah,,,

...I like Rock Hudson.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have lots of erroneous thoughts.
Mine, and many others, as well.
'I' said "adopt", not foster care.
This whole room is full of shyte, even though "baka", or "baca" means "idiot", not "shyte"...try again ?
Post 171040;

"4) Who said that abusive foster care was better ? "

-Lie much?

LOL!!!

You mentioned it a couple of other times as well bright boy.

'Baca' in Spanish means mouth. In Japanese it's not idiot but means stupid.

Class dismissed.

LOL!!!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
'I' am sorry that you feel diminished in my presence.
Sincerely, Hudson-sama. Ichi-ban-sama.
Oooooh....I do.

I DO!!!

You are the great and mighty Rock Hudson of the internet.

I bow to your greatness. Please don't destroy me on whim.

I quivier in fear given your almighty presence. Even now I'm slipping on a pair of Depends for fear I might soil myself should you decide to berate me.

BAH HAH HAH!!!!!
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Konbanwa, you're such a suck-up.
Give me a minute.

Even though my wife is Japanese that's a new one.

And my suspicions lead me to believe Konbobo, Konbouya, Konocopia or whatver isn't a good thing.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Konbanwa, you're such a little suck-up.
Konbanwa means 'good evening'.

Well Rock Hudson....good evening to you my fine friend.

I'm curious about your earlier statements that "10%" shouldn't dictate to the other "90%" in terms of the '10%' being allowed to marry. Specifically gays.

Blacks constitute about 13% of the population. I think Asians number around 5%. Other minority groups less.

Do you think we should ban them from marrying because some dipshit like yourself thinks it's his business in how they live their personal life as well?
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
That'd be this one ...
<quoted text>
...Because the issue is the definition of marriage.
Let me help you out.

Marriage is the legal union between two consenting adults which find attraction, love and a willingness to commit to this legal union.

Heterosexuals AND homosexuals have done this successfully.

Some later flamed by divorcing which I have no doubt you've experienced but there ya go Einstein.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rich's Painting 52 min Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 2 hr Alice 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr Ocean 7,835
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) 9 hr AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 14 hr Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 6:43PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search