Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
149,561 - 149,580 of 200,587 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#170909 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I am against you trying to get into the catfight, but to chide him for spelling, after the way you misuse simple words, like "site" (which should read "cite") and "peal"(which should read "peel") is adorable...He didn't actually call you a monkey (not that I am on his side, my scorn is Equal Opportunity).
Typos, that's all you have.
LOLSER.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170910 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, when one researches Loving V Va, one will discover that Loving V Va was a landmark civil rights case in which the United States Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, declared Virginia's anti-miscegenation statute, the "Racial Integrity Act of 1924", unconstitutional, thereby overturning Pace v. Alabama (1883) and ending all race-based legal restrictions on marriage in the United States, and that is all there is to it. Mis-interpretaion notwithstanding...
Install some seatbelts in your home furniture given with the advancement of gay marriage happening in each state you're up for a rocky ride.

LOL!
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170912 Dec 11, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that even mean?
It means "Hudson" is baiting you given he did not arrive at a point on his post.

The guy is a loser bar none.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#170913 Dec 11, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The 14th Amendment holds no sway a to what can be considered basic civil rights.
The right to marry an adult of one's choice appears to be all that.
You're a social fuckup friend. You actually think the nation should revolve itself around your "feelings" of other citizens. If that were the case me and your neighbors would have bought you a one way ticket to China some 21 years ago...LOL!!!
The 14th holds no sway? Oh no! I thought it held some sway.

He's wrong because he's a "social fuckup friend"?

Dan. What a dope!

YUK!YUK!YUK!

North Hollywood, CA

#170916 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fourteenth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution reads:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
...removed for space...
Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
However, sexual behavior is a completely different issue than race.
I don't base my argument on sexual behavior, but on gender.
R Hudson wrote:
The Loving couple was a heterosexual one. Why has the homosexual rights agenda co-opted and hijacked the civil rights agenda?
Civil rights are civil rights.
R Hudson wrote:
Because they need to wrap themselves in the cloak of victimhood. The only way they can get mainstream America to overlook their basic flaws is to claim victim status. In modern America, the highest and grandest of all titles is that of "victim". Advocates often argue that they are being denied a civil right. There are two problems with this. First, laws have already been established defining certain conditions under which people may marry.
And? If those laws violate the Constitution, they should be changed. That's what happened with Loving V VA.
R Hudson wrote:
The would-be spouse must be an adult, cannot already be married to another, cannot be closely related to the person he or she is marrying, and they must marry another human.
In other words, restrictions have always existed. No one has ever been able to marry anyone simply because they loved them. And, to be honest, people love others and commit to others all the time...we just don’t always call it “marriage.”
I never use "love" in my argument.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170917 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Because they are a universally recognized, legitimate couple.
2) You have that backwards. You are a transvestite, trying to make his flaws acceptable.
3) Yes, I have, you are just ignoring them.
4) We've covered your desire to control the children of others, before, why not tell lililth to step back from her kid ? You'd get cut, remember ?
5) Meaningless drivel, dodging a bullet.
6) Children never benefit from being raised in broken and dysfunctional families.
7) I go on about about the children, because they are being brushed aside by you, and your ilk.
1) So would it seem a same sexed couple be.

2) It's your opinion she's a transvestite. Some may consider that fat thing you married the same so keep that in mind.

3) No one is ignoring anything...what upsets you is not everyone agrees.

4) It's only natural to lay out concern for the little kiddies of the world. Unfortunately for you and your ilk you think it better for kids to grow up in most often abusive foster care than in a loving adoptive gay family.

5) Your opinion.

6) No...children don'[t benefit from broken families nor do they benefit being raised in foster care or as orphans when there are options you seem to ignore.

7) You don't give a rat's ass about the children for if you did you'd rather see them grow up in a loving family than to live as unwanted orphans or in foster carwe so please liar...STFU.

North Hollywood, CA

#170918 Dec 11, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
It means "Hudson" is baiting you given he did not arrive at a point on his post.
The guy is a loser bar none.
No kidding...
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170919 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
In your delusional state, you believe that to be evidence of equality ? You tell me about how that feels , to be a loser...
I've been there but it seems you've experienced it more recently than me...LOL!!!

So what else does not make heterosexual couples equal to same sexed couples?

Ya gotta think now....don't get an anuerysm.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170921 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the fuckup, and don't call me your friend. I am not. The nation is the master, not the servant. Shut the hell up. Stupid.
Err....we as a free peoples are supposed to determine the government.

Remember now....ever since breaking off of Mother England we no longer have a government as a "master".
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170922 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sh*t *p, st*pid.(God, even THAT gets censored)
Kleenex at Target will be on sale until 12/15/2012.

FYI
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170923 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it isn't all that I have, it is one of many corrections that you are in need of, You attempted to look clever, 2 days ago, trying to find fault with my use of "obfuscation", when you misuse and misspell much simpler word than mine. And you whine when your flaws are pointed out. Cute.
No one needs to use cleverness in speaking truth.

Yet another fact the Confucious would no doubt agree upon.
Roloes

Covina, CA

#170925 Dec 11, 2012
Just drop and run for cover.

North Hollywood, CA

#170927 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Because they are a universally recognized, legitimate couple.
Ah, BS, I just pointed out a flaw in your "logic".
R Hudson wrote:
2) You have that backwards. You are a transvestite, trying to make his flaws acceptable.
You can't tell a woman from a man. Guess because you look in the mirror and can't tell a bigfoot from a human.
R Hudson wrote:
3) Yes, I have, you are just ignoring them.
More BS. You keep going on about gay couples raising children, and even though they do a fine job, that's not the issue. Gay marriage is.
R Hudson wrote:
4) We've covered your desire to control the children of others, before, why not tell lililth to step back from her kid ? You'd get cut, remember ?
Was that supposed to make sense? I have no desire to control children.
R Hudson wrote:
5) Meaningless drivel, dodging a bullet.
6) Children never benefit from being raised in broken and dysfunctional families.
Dodge.
R Hudson wrote:
7) I go on about about the children, because they are being brushed aside by you, and your ilk.
Rose's Law...
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170930 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
To your dimwitted self, the answer is missing. but the simple answer is, that is a question, that drives at the point that homosexual couples and heterosexual couples are not equal at all. You are simply a fool that doesn't understand the flaws in your own attempts at reasoning away common sense. As I've said before, keep quiet child, the grownups are talking.
Specifically what are my flaws in reasoning?

That they don't agree with your ignorant opinions??

You gotta remember....just because you saw a zebra at the zoo doesn't mean your favorite donkey Ol' Bessie was fooling around with the dalmation 2 houses down the street. It's just your opinion.

And if you don't believe heterosexual couples and same sexed couples are "not equal at all" then you need to provide specifics because to me at least that stgatement is akin to claiming both mars and the moon are not planets in tghat you're a God damned mess that couldn't understand the truth of things if it were tattooed on your fat forehead.

LOL!!!
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170931 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Later, kids, I'll be back tomorrow.
pssssssst....

....pssssssssst..

..no one cares.

FYI.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170932 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Final note, before I go...
It's like arguing with children, isn't it ? We know it's profitless, but we have to keep trying, for their own good...
Yeah....it's real beneficial for everyone that you don't want 2 loving adults to marry each other.

Thanks but no thanks.

Get lost friend.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170933 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What an unbalanced loser Dan is...He and Chongo deserve each other. If he had half a brain, he'd be half annoying.
I only have three brain cells and two of them fight each other.

Even given that my IQ is no doubt 4 or 5 rungs higher on the ladder of intelligence than your lost soul.

LOL!!!
Weaved

Covina, CA

#170934 Dec 11, 2012
Danna Cee - take it to the limit, then shut up.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#170935 Dec 11, 2012
'R Hudson' and his ilk can be buried multiple times but just like zombies always seem to rise up from the grave and prove themselves to be an annoyance once again as if nothing took place.

It's the same with individuals against marriage amongst same sexed individuals nationwide which perplexes anyone with an IQ of 56 or higher.

Just my take.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#170936 Dec 11, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What an unbalanced loser Dan is...He and Chongo deserve each other. If he had half a brain, he'd be half annoying.
Dan is a big Rose_NoHo fan. Looks up to her. Thinks she's intelligent and insightful!

I heard all those pompous iceholes had a BBQ once. Can you imagine? Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr dannytome 15,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Fri Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 30 at 2:10AM PDT

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info