Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
149,221 - 149,240 of 200,351 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170440
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

This is good news. Think about it. If the US supreme court didn't hear it gay marriage would only be legal in California only. This way the US supreme court will legalize it nationwide including my state of Pennsylvania.

I believe it will be a 6 to 3 decision with Justice Roberts and Kennedy siding with the liberals.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170441
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Wat the Tyler wrote:
This is good news. Think about it. If the US supreme court didn't hear it gay marriage would only be legal in California only. This way the US supreme court will legalize it nationwide including my state of Pennsylvania.
I believe it will be a 6 to 3 decision with Justice Roberts and Kennedy siding with the liberals.
A lovely thought, but I fear rather unlikely.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170443
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
A lovely thought, but I fear rather unlikely.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virgin...

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170444
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And I believe that you haven't read the Constitution, else, you'd know that the Federal Government hasn't the authority to "legalize" it, as the Constitution leaves it up to the states to decide the issue.
It is if it is a protected right in the bill of rights.

Gay marriage is protected in the 14th amendment.

The US supreme court did the same stuff with bans on interracial marriage in 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virgin...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170446
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an argument, at all, your genitals do not matter, at all, it is not a gender issue. Care to try again ?
Well, stupid, if genitals don't matter when it comes to marriage laws, why can't a woman marry another woman in most states?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170447
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
Looks like Chongo/rose-no-hope has withered and blown away....sans admission of defeat. Chongo, I accept your surrender, I was blasting you, all to hell, and you couldn't cope. It is completely understandable.
Danth’s Law

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170448
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a page, on Topix...and ? Do you have a post # to go with that page ? Of course you do not, but I am being more than fair, in providing you with every opportunity to ridicule yourself, even more than you have already...
Click on the link, idiot, it takes you right to the post.
Sheesh...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170449
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
Do you know what I'd do, if I owned you ? I'd buy you all the crack that you could handle, and sit you down, in front of a computer, so that you could spend all day, every day, providing everybody else unlimited access to you and your stupidity, because you are so much fun, that I couldn't deny the world the fun of handing you your black ass, endlessly...
Know what I'd do if I owned you? Just let you starve to death. You wouldn't be worth what it would cost to feed you, you are just too damn ugly and stupid.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170450
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLSER = LOL + LOSER
LOL = Laugh Out Loud
LOSER = akpilot.
<quoted text>
It's a play on words...
Con(servative) dumb...
Condumb (condom)
Get it now?
<quoted text>
I'm just pointing out the fact that you don't have any real arguments, so you just attack me.
So, come up with a real argument.
Funny how Rose does everything in her post which she accuses others of doing.

How about you present an actual argument Rose and stop trying to be funny. You aren't any better at that than you are at sounding intelligent.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170451
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how Rose does everything in her post which she accuses others of doing.
How about you present an actual argument Rose and stop trying to be funny. You aren't any better at that than you are at sounding intelligent.
Take notes this time, stupid.
Two words:
Equal rights.

You can't argue against that, so you'll just call me names.
Now, if only I were this good at predicting lottery numbers.:)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170452
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Take notes this time, stupid.
Two words:
Equal rights.
You can't argue against that, so you'll just call me names.
Now, if only I were this good at predicting lottery numbers.:)
Take notes? People should completely ignore you, you are like a black hole of intellect.

BTW Rose, you have called people names in each and every one of your replies. Why do you expect different when others are replying to you?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170453
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Take notes this time, stupid.
Two words:
Equal rights.
You can't argue against that, so you'll just call me names.
Now, if only I were this good at predicting lottery numbers.:)
You'd lose all your money.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170454
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Take notes this time, stupid.
Two words:
Equal rights.
You can't argue against that, so you'll just call me names.
Now, if only I were this good at predicting lottery numbers.:)
Exactly what name did I call you in this post?

Funny how Rose does everything in her post which she accuses others of doing.
How about you present an actual argument Rose and stop trying to be funny. You aren't any better at that than you are at sounding intelligent.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170455
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And I believe that you haven't read the Constitution, else, you'd know that the Federal Government hasn't the authority to "legalize" it, as the Constitution leaves it up to the states to decide the issue.
Actually the case before the court can indeed affect measures nationwide. It can overturn bans on it in all states. I didnt say it will, I said it can, depends on how it is worded.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170463
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the case before the court can indeed affect measures nationwide. It can overturn bans on it in all states. I didnt say it will, I said it can, depends on how it is worded.
Yes. Similar to when Bill Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170467
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Know what I'd do if I owned you? Just let you starve to death. You wouldn't be worth what it would cost to feed you, you are just too damn ugly and stupid.
Nice!

I shudder to think of the horror if you were in charge of anyone.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170470
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

I guess that "Big D" jackass finally accepts the fact that Clinton was impeached. He hasn't brought it up again today thank goodness.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170473
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the case before the court can indeed affect measures nationwide. It can overturn bans on it in all states. I didnt say it will, I said it can, depends on how it is worded.
Boy we're sure glad you got off that obsessive "Clinton's impeachment failed" psycho jag you were on!

We thank you for staying on topic today.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170474
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly isn't a question of genitalia. It is because homosexual marriage is banned for either gender, thus making it a non-gender issue.
And, since it is a non-gender issue, that is, truly, a display of your equal rights at work...
Just thought I'd put it all together for you, as you might miss the first post, addled as you are....
you really hae a boring fluckin loser life don't you.... at nite do you ever just look in he mirror and say wow... i'm a loser.... i mean really you drive a truck and sit on the computer and obsess about gay peoples lives.... ya your a real catch for any woman... not!!!!!!!!!!

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170475
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

R Hudson wrote:
Chongo, who I look eagerly upon, with the thoughts a pitbull might have, eyeballing a pillow. Come on, Chongles, no word generators for me ? No pre-established mantra for me ?
Oops, clumsy of me to knock over your applecart. Damn it......LOL. I guess it had to end, though, Chongo must have run out of steam.....again.
Gee Mom ... meet my new boyfriend R hudson... he spends his life driving a dirty old truck, smoking cigarates, and hour upon hour on gay topix obssesing about gay civil rights.... ya i wanna marry him.... NOT!!!!!!!!!!

hope you love yo hand loser

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 27 min Ban Central Station 4,889
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 8 hr Tammie Casas is Fat 640
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Sun Ron 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••