Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,455)

Showing posts 149,081 - 149,100 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Stan Tran

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Stan Wong of Glendoraq, California was working in the redevelopment department of the City of Rosemead, California before all this Tran & developer stuff took off and hit the police reports and headlines in newspapers.

All of a sudden Stan Wong of Glendora quits his position in Rosemead, was Stan Wong involved from the beginning with Tran?

The lawsuit also alleges that Tran physically grabbed Ms. Gong and attempted to hold and kiss her against her will.

Tran set about a retaliatory course of action due to Ms. Gong's refusal to accede to Tran's demands for personal loans and sexual overtures.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me show you how you are wrong
I could create a bill ( easy to do in California ) that denies the rights of blue eyed people to vote, passed by the majority of brown eyed people.
it would be deemed unconstitutional, even if it passed
the same thing here, the problem is we allow such unconstitutional bills to be voted upon in the first place, that proposition should have been struck down before going to the vote.
Gay people being married ( 18,000 legal marriages in the state so far that I am aware of ) has certainly not hurt my marriage in any way, if yours is so fragile that it hurt yours, perhaps you should be looking elsewhere as to what the issue with your marriage is.
Don't bother. He's a retarded jesus freak and according to him America should be run by the bible and become a theocracy where only white Christian males have rights.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Go f*ck your jesus freak
Nice!
NewLeaf

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Iím not a gay person but I believe we all have equal rights under our Constitution. When the Mormon church gets out and spends millions of dollars promoting the LGBT community and marriage equality for them, then I will believe they have changed.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are! And as I said they are stuck with you!
I don't mind 'em much. But then I'm not an angry malcontent with a tin foil hat!
What a jackass!
P.S. Are you that dopey "jbird" guy used to post dumb stuff here all the time? Where you been? Jail? The looney bin? The library closed?
Let me guess, you're the asshat who thinks our laws are based on the bible. Let me guess you're the asshat who cant seperate pologamy and same sex marriage. Let me guess, you're just angry because you're clueless. Well Mr Asshat stand up, we got your number.
ReDoo

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

If that's the best you can do, then go back and try again.
willy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

earn $500 weekly as personal assistant, wont affect your current job. if interested, reply to williamdean01@aol.com for more details
Sing a tune

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Just rolling along and singing a tune.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you'd be wrong again.......and regardless of what the real reason behind marriage was......it matters not in today's society because things have changed......and not every couple who can procreate, WILL procreate and marriage ISN'T always involved.....and parenting DOESN'T rely on the couple being biologically related to the child in every circumstances!!!!
Get use to......Same-Sex Couples ARE getting married and raising children:-)
"you're wrong"??? That's your argument.

How old are you?

Marriage is a cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. SS couples are a direct contradiction. A violation of nature. You could be blind as a bat and dumb as a rock and still know they are not the same. Even a child says, "Are you serious???"

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying people that marry that cannot or do not have children are not actually married?
I donít think you will get a large following with that.
What about a widow who has children, but the re-marries and does not have children in that marriage... you want to dissolve those marriages too?
I am not about to hand you or your religion that kind of power.
Besides there is nothing to protect, I am married ( heterosexual marriage ) and the 18,000 legal same sex marriages did not harm my marriage in anyway whatsoever. I understand your marriage may be more fragile, but mine doesnít need protection.
So you want to equate the rare exceptions to procreation in marriage to the absolute desolation of procreation in ss unions???

Really?

Kind of silly stupid, don't you think???

Smirk.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess, you're the asshat who thinks our laws are based on the bible. Let me guess you're the asshat who cant seperate pologamy and same sex marriage. Let me guess, you're just angry because you're clueless. Well Mr Asshat stand up, we got your number.
Guess again tough guy with the tinfoil hat. I am not religious.
So tell us Fruitloop. What harm would a loving marriage of three consenting adult men cause you or anyone else? I won't wait.

What a jackass!

P.S. What's my number toots?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to equate the rare exceptions to procreation in marriage to the absolute desolation of procreation in ss unions???
Really?
Kind of silly stupid, don't you think???
Smirk.
Silly stupid! That's our Big D! I call him "Big Dope".
MadeInAmerica

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Sears Holdings Craftsman tool line, but are those tools even made in America?

A claim that went to court about the company fooled or out right lied to consumers believing that its famous Craftsman tools were made in the U.S..

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"you're wrong"??? That's your argument.
How old are you?
Marriage is a cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. SS couples are a direct contradiction. A violation of nature. You could be blind as a bat and dumb as a rock and still know they are not the same. Even a child says, "Are you serious???"
Smirk.
Old enough:-)

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess again tough guy with the tinfoil hat. I am not religious.
So tell us Fruitloop. What harm would a loving marriage of three consenting adult men cause you or anyone else? I won't wait.
What a jackass!
P.S. What's my number toots?
Well sugar nipples, I could give two shiets if three men want to get married, three women or any other combination. You see asshat someones marriage has zero affect on my marriage. Now there are problems when it comes to the dissalution of a marriage that has more than two people of any sex or combination of sexes. Other than that shiet for brains, no problem.

PS your number is 0, same as your IQ. But hey charge on moron, keep beating your chest and screaming look at me.
MadeInAmerica

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

It's a good thing to export "made in America" drone strikes against Krazy people who are the sworn enemys.

A senior al-Qaida official and successor to the groupís leader Ayman al-Zawahiri was killed December 7, 2012 Friday morning in a Predator drone strike.

It's a good thing to rid the planet of the None Believer's.

P.S. God is great, and a Predator is his right hand! When it's made in America.
OkeeDokee

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

And the Okee Dokee Brothers say to you, stuff it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Well sugar nipples, I could give two shiets if three men want to get married, three women or any other combination. You see asshat someones marriage has zero affect on my marriage. Now there are problems when it comes to the dissalution of a marriage that has more than two people of any sex or combination of sexes. Other than that shiet for brains, no problem.
PS your number is 0, same as your IQ. But hey charge on moron, keep beating your chest and screaming look at me.
"Sugar nipples"? Whoa! Easy there cowboy!

So you kinda support marriage equality in the manner of you don't give two shiets. And I am a shiet for brains and you don't give two shiets and I am an asshat and shiet for brains I should keep beating my chest and my number is zero and there are problems with "disallation"?

Cool story Fruitloop!

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, with that fantasy stuff. He didn't say that. He said marriage had a clear purpose, other than sexual gratification. Can't you post without adulterating context ? And you are not in any position to hand anything over, you have no power to control it. The Constitution was written very clearly, and no mention was made of SSm. Your side is using legal loopholes to turn our society upiside down, and if we didn't have special interest groups involving themselves in politics, we'd not be facing this issue now. Fact of the matter is, common sense has been replaced with libertine values, and we are witnessing the demise of sensibility and order. Our politicians have decided that the very nature of our country is to be violated.
can you please show me where in the Constitution marriage is mentioned?
Oh jr

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Don't worry jr. the sand box is in the corner.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,081 - 149,100 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 34 min Oldies news stand 4,850
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 36 min Oldies news stand 2,223
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 11 hr Peter 7,812
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr This topics peaked 15,911
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 6 Tammie Casas Is Fat 625
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search