Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,450)

Showing posts 148,981 - 149,000 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I can picture you as a malcontent kid. Sour face. Angry. Not believing in Santa! And then you grew up. And became a sour faced angry adult. And a jackass!
You have never been right once, why expect to be now. I had a very classic childhood, almost leave it to beaver era kind of childhood.

I did stop believing in Santa, and Jesus, and the tooth fairy earlier than some others around me but my parents cautioned me that although I knew better, not to disturb the fun others were having.

I still donít have a problem with children believing in stuff like that, but when they grow up ( or donít grow up as the case may be ) and want to taker their little beliefs and apply rules to others based on those beliefs, I stop going along

Silence is consent, and I do not consent to their fantasy controlling my life or the lives of others not of their little beliefs.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never been right once, why expect to be now. I had a very classic childhood, almost leave it to beaver era kind of childhood.
I did stop believing in Santa, and Jesus, and the tooth fairy earlier than some others around me but my parents cautioned me that although I knew better, not to disturb the fun others were having.
I still donít have a problem with children believing in stuff like that, but when they grow up ( or donít grow up as the case may be ) and want to taker their little beliefs and apply rules to others based on those beliefs, I stop going along
Silence is consent, and I do not consent to their fantasy controlling my life or the lives of others not of their little beliefs.
Right. Like I said. A sour faced angry adult.

All that paranoia about someone controlling you is silly. But how you're not going to go along with it makes me real proud of you Fruitloops!
Dwarfs

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Hobbits don't like th tone of your postings.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you going to whine about after prop 8 is gone? Me, I'm gonna party but you will still be an angry malcontent.
Remember, shooting down prop 8 is a victory for polygamists too!
It is? Wow! I've read Prop 8 and the trial transcripts several times. Polygamy is nowhere to be found in there, but I'm sure you know what you're talking about. Polygamy will be legal in California when Prop 8 goes down, eh? Wonders never cease. Alert the media... they've been keeping it a secret, too.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Let me help ya son. Rose is an athiest, in other words, Jesus and Santa dont exist
Atheists don't believe in Santa, eh? I'm sure they also find it hard to believe that someone as stupid as you exists.
Green Z

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

"lets get it right this time."

The brief is the truth that there are no WMDs in Iraq.

The democracy also fails, as none of the Iraqi groups want a puppet Iraqi president who is controlled by the US government.

Bush busts a move, and falls apart.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Like I said. A sour faced angry adult.
All that paranoia about someone controlling you is silly. But how you're not going to go along with it makes me real proud of you Fruitloops!
I understand English may not be your primary language, I will try to use small words.

I am not paranoid, I see people, right here in this forum, trying to control what other people not of their belief system can and cannot do based on their belief systems.

You are the pitiful little squealer, you cannot make a post without Jr High school level name calling, I do pity you, but as you have no control or influence on anyone, you arenít really a danger, just a laughing stock.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
It is? Wow! I've read Prop 8 and the trial transcripts several times. Polygamy is nowhere to be found in there, but I'm sure you know what you're talking about. Polygamy will be legal in California when Prop 8 goes down, eh? Wonders never cease. Alert the media... they've been keeping it a secret, too.
Nope not legal yet silly, but one step closer.

We got rid of that pesky "man/woman" part of "One Man One Woman" now all we gotta do is get you bigots to give up the "one" part.

Why is gender righteous and number "illegal"? Please tell us miss thing. We won't wait.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 said marriage is for one man one woman. Prop 8 restricted marriage to only that. Prop 8 is about to be gone. It removes an impediment to both prohibitions, gender and number. We won't be dropping the gender part but keeping the number part of prop 8 that restricts number now will we miss thing? No we're righeously tossing the whole thing.

I know you hate poly. Tough sh!t toots! It's on it's way. But meanwhile please entertain us and tell us why you hate it! I love a good bigot trying to explain himself.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand English may not be your primary language, I will try to use small words.
I am not paranoid, I see people, right here in this forum, trying to control what other people not of their belief system can and cannot do based on their belief systems.
You are the pitiful little squealer, you cannot make a post without Jr High school level name calling, I do pity you, but as you have no control or influence on anyone, you arenít really a danger, just a laughing stock.
Why you mad bro?

TOO FUNNY!
Equality-is-the- issue

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Despite anyone's personal beliefs or opinions, the issue of equality is at stake with same-sex marriage. Proposition 8 and any measure aimed at eliminating or restricting rights of any American citizen is discriminatory, period.
The intent of the US Constitution was to provide equality to all along with freedoms and rights. Prop 8 was illegal to begin with because it put to vote the possiblity of eliminating rights. The Constitution protects rights and guarantees the same rights to all. Selective rights is discriminatory.
You don't have to like it, but don't be so unAmerican as to discriminate and separate any group of people because of your own personal beliefs.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you mad bro?
TOO FUNNY!
Not at all, laughing my behind off

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Equality-is-the-issue wrote:
Despite anyone's personal beliefs or opinions, the issue of equality is at stake with same-sex marriage. Proposition 8 and any measure aimed at eliminating or restricting rights of any American citizen is discriminatory, period.
The intent of the US Constitution was to provide equality to all along with freedoms and rights. Prop 8 was illegal to begin with because it put to vote the possiblity of eliminating rights. The Constitution protects rights and guarantees the same rights to all. Selective rights is discriminatory.
You don't have to like it, but don't be so unAmerican as to discriminate and separate any group of people because of your own personal beliefs.
Thank you! Please Tell Mona Lott et al.
Delayed

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The "delay" is a violation of city codes which prohibit the council from "impeding governmental responsiveness or efficiency."

Regardless of the results, he plans to file a report with the public integrity division of the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, laughing my behind off
No you're not. Big fibber!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not legal yet silly, but one step closer.
We got rid of that pesky "man/woman" part of "One Man One Woman" now all we gotta do is get you bigots to give up the "one" part.
Why is gender righteous and number "illegal"? Please tell us miss thing. We won't wait.
Gee.... I don't know... why is number "illegal?" Could it be because there's a law against it? Nah.... that's too obvious for you. It must be illegal because same sex marriage is illegal.... nah.... that's OBVIOUSLY not true. Gee whiz? What is stopping anyone from marrying everyone else? Let's all get married and make the USA one family. Think of the savings.... there would only be a need for ONE tax return.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! Please Tell Mona Lott et al.
Sorry, I'm not buying that load. The Constitution grants equal protection of the law, not equal rights.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee.... I don't know... why is number "illegal?" Could it be because there's a law against it? Nah.... that's too obvious for you. It must be illegal because same sex marriage is illegal.... nah.... that's OBVIOUSLY not true. Gee whiz? What is stopping anyone from marrying everyone else? Let's all get married and make the USA one family. Think of the savings.... there would only be a need for ONE tax return.
Wow! It's illegal because there's a law against it? Priceless!

You mad or something miss thing?

P.S. How's it feel to argue against equal rights? You're doing it very poorly.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I'm not buying that load. The Constitution grants equal protection of the law, not equal rights.
Equal means equal miss thing. Even for those nasty polyamorists that you hate!

Don't like poly? Don't marry more than person. Easy!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not. Big fibber!
You so desperately want to make people mad.

poor baby

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,981 - 149,000 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance