Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,981 - 149,000 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Delayed

Covina, CA

#170095 Dec 6, 2012
The "delay" is a violation of city codes which prohibit the council from "impeding governmental responsiveness or efficiency."

Regardless of the results, he plans to file a report with the public integrity division of the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#170096 Dec 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, laughing my behind off
No you're not. Big fibber!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#170097 Dec 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not legal yet silly, but one step closer.
We got rid of that pesky "man/woman" part of "One Man One Woman" now all we gotta do is get you bigots to give up the "one" part.
Why is gender righteous and number "illegal"? Please tell us miss thing. We won't wait.
Gee.... I don't know... why is number "illegal?" Could it be because there's a law against it? Nah.... that's too obvious for you. It must be illegal because same sex marriage is illegal.... nah.... that's OBVIOUSLY not true. Gee whiz? What is stopping anyone from marrying everyone else? Let's all get married and make the USA one family. Think of the savings.... there would only be a need for ONE tax return.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#170098 Dec 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! Please Tell Mona Lott et al.
Sorry, I'm not buying that load. The Constitution grants equal protection of the law, not equal rights.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170099 Dec 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee.... I don't know... why is number "illegal?" Could it be because there's a law against it? Nah.... that's too obvious for you. It must be illegal because same sex marriage is illegal.... nah.... that's OBVIOUSLY not true. Gee whiz? What is stopping anyone from marrying everyone else? Let's all get married and make the USA one family. Think of the savings.... there would only be a need for ONE tax return.
Wow! It's illegal because there's a law against it? Priceless!

You mad or something miss thing?

P.S. How's it feel to argue against equal rights? You're doing it very poorly.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170100 Dec 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I'm not buying that load. The Constitution grants equal protection of the law, not equal rights.
Equal means equal miss thing. Even for those nasty polyamorists that you hate!

Don't like poly? Don't marry more than person. Easy!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#170101 Dec 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not. Big fibber!
You so desperately want to make people mad.

poor baby
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#170102 Dec 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal means equal miss thing. Even for those nasty polyamorists that you hate!
Don't like poly? Don't marry more than person. Easy!
Nobody can marry more than one person, dipshit. Easy!

Equal protection means equal protection. I believe polygamists already had their day in Court. They lost. Boo-hoo.... poor polygamists..... so discriminated against! waa.... waa..... waa.... I wonder why they don't start a voter initiative. What could possibly be the reason?????

p.s. I don't hate polygamists because I DON'T CARE about polygamy. It is a non-issue... except to whack-jobs like you. Maybe you should organize your fellow whack-jobs and petition the government. You would NEVER do anything like that, would you? No, not you.... it's much easier to whine about it on inappropriate TOPIX forums. You're not serious... you're just a poser.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#170103 Dec 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! It's illegal because there's a law against it? Priceless!
Yes! It's THAT simple.... like you.
Koches

Covina, CA

#170104 Dec 6, 2012
Koch Brothers and the idiot in Michigan callinghiself a Gove. has really spit in to the wind this time (sour apples) if you ask me!

The Republicans got theit hinnies kick so far back up their throats they can't cought with out tickling their throat.

Police used chemical spray Thursday to subdue protesters trying to rush the Michigan Senate chamber

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#170105 Dec 6, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Still waiting for a rational argument against gay marriage...
No such thing as gay 'marriage'.

That's silly stupid redundancy!

:-)
Belized

Covina, CA

#170106 Dec 6, 2012
McAfee founder denied asylum expected back in Belize soon.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#170107 Dec 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.... you are partially correct. This is no such thing as gay marriage. There is only marriage. Gay and straight couples both get the SAME redundant license.
Necked

Covina, CA

#170108 Dec 6, 2012
Just watch Washington and West Point.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170109 Dec 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody can marry more than one person, dipshit. Easy!
Equal protection means equal protection. I believe polygamists already had their day in Court. They lost. Boo-hoo.... poor polygamists..... so discriminated against! waa.... waa..... waa.... I wonder why they don't start a voter initiative. What could possibly be the reason?????
p.s. I don't hate polygamists because I DON'T CARE about polygamy. It is a non-issue... except to whack-jobs like you. Maybe you should organize your fellow whack-jobs and petition the government. You would NEVER do anything like that, would you? No, not you.... it's much easier to whine about it on inappropriate TOPIX forums. You're not serious... you're just a poser.
You argue against equal rights like the class A bigot that you are! Priceless!

Don't like poly? Tough sh!t! Just don't marry more than one person and you won't even notice it.

Don't get mad, just get out of the way of equality. Poly marriage won't hurt you or anyone else.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#170110 Dec 6, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.... you are partially correct. This is no such thing as gay marriage. There is only marriage. Gay and straight couples both get the SAME redundant license.
You are partially right, I am right.

The closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the easier it is to see the fake.

Smile.
Buttoned

Covina, CA

#170111 Dec 6, 2012
DO THE WORLD A FAVOR AND FLUSH FOX NEWS NETWORK.

A MSNBC host Rachel Maddow, a month ago a Fox News anchor got suspended for calling the openly gay Maddow a "angry young man."

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#170112 Dec 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you Spoogy. Rose_NoHo is an idiot.
not true.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#170113 Dec 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none but weakish ones. I support SSM, if you weren't a dope you wouldn't assume I didn't.
But skip all that, how do you do Spoogy!
Jizmie! Cummy!
Now that we've met I feel close enough to call you a jackass!
P.S. You need new tin foil.
What a jackass!
If you support same sex marriage, why not just spit it out. Are you confused?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170114 Dec 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text> Yes! It's THAT simple.... like you.
SSM is effectively illegal in most states. You won't go to prison for it like poly but you cannot do it. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, miss thing.

No one cares that you are against poly. Glad it makes you angry though.

Research the reasons that polygamy is illegal sometime, bigot. I'm sure you'll agree with them, you probably hate Mormons too.

Remember the time you actually posted "what about the children!?" in regards to polygamy? Sure you do. I should have saved the post number for a few reposts of that bigoted rant!

FUNNY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Aug 24 Mono 4,996
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE