Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,781 - 148,800 of 200,587 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
Spell Bound

Covina, CA

#169840 Dec 4, 2012
lOOKS LIKE ANOTHER TOPPER.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#169841 Dec 4, 2012
jack rabbit swammi cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>They go from SF conga lines more the better to sham marriage hoping for financial gain with everyone else stuck with the bill but it is not going to work because we can not afford it. Employers will drop everybody’s benefits even those of NoHOs with kids.
Well, stupid, why should gay people put in the same effort, but not get the same benefits? You homophobes always act as if gay people just sit around.
Go ahead and scream first amendment and I will counter your recruitments louder when I see them aimed at the young people. So in your urban dictionary how does it define "flying butt pliers” as seen on 1994 Saturday cartoons?" Sounded homosexual to me.
Well, what doesn't?
The kid watching the flying butt pliers also turned homosexual early dew to his “tolerant” mother. I also got a law as demonstrated to jailhouse queers.
Why did you put "flying butt pliers" into a search engine?

North Hollywood, CA

#169842 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
When you post this: "cults which have tendacies to use techniques which amount to bondage, brain washing younger members and many include under aged brides." you are posting about cultists, which can, and do, exist in ay group. You haven't produced any answer about the harmful nature of polygamy, though. Just giving a history lesson...But your stupid ass fails to see the connection, because you don't wish to. The connection is governmentally legislated freedom of choice. But I accept your dodge as evidence that you cannot find any harm in any normal, non-cultist polygamists. It would seem that you are now using the same strategy that the anti-gay side has been using, and getting abused , for. namely, whitewashing a whole group, based upon some bad press generated by a few ill intentioned miscreants. Ciao, dumbass.
Polygamy just isn't an equal rights issue. If men could marry more than one woman, but women couldn't marry more than one man, we'd have an equal rights issue. But they can't, so we don't. Nobody can marry more than one person. Should they be able to? Well, why not start a forum to talk about that? If you had an actual argument against gay marriage, you wouldn't have to bring up polygamy.

North Hollywood, CA

#169843 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, really. Your redefinition of marriage destroys what we have always understood about it. Gays ARE reducing it to a circus trick.
Wiccan my backside!
R Hudson wrote:
Something anyone can do, without any respect for what it has meant, up until now. You cannot simply wave your hand and flourish a pen and create new meanings for ancient traditions.
It's done all the time. And you are just appealing to tradition, ugly. A logical fallacy.
R Hudson wrote:
Your utilization of the Huffington Post (a propaganda rag) to provide an example of what a Hollywood story wishes to portray as a reasonable perspective of lesbian motherhood bears little resemblance to the reality of the life. To quote:" ...gay parents have had children in all sorts of family configurations -- whether through adoption, previous heterosexual relationships, or, increasingly, by choosing to have biological offspring using in vitro, surrogate, and other methods." , all examples of broken homes, but that isn't mentioned, is it ? The child not knowing it's heritage, or isn't knowing heritage important anymore ? And I also have links to studies that dispute your claims:
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/childr...
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/12/stu...
Catholic News Agency?
Fox News?
R Hudson wrote:
Turning social order inside out may suit the gay crowd, but it doesn't provide anything to benefit the majority of us. It disrupts the balance and stability that has been vital to our progression and evolution.

Straight people do all the things you mentioned above. Never heard of "stepkids"? Think they just recently came up with the idea of adoption?

North Hollywood, CA

#169844 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, sir, wrong. It is exactly as I have stated. I have no care about who is attracted to whom, I merely have no desire to see legitimacy granted to abnormal coupling, based upon it. Marriage is, and always has been, for 1 man and 1 woman.
But marriage hasn't always been that way.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169845 Dec 4, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy just isn't an equal rights issue. If men could marry more than one woman, but women couldn't marry more than one man, we'd have an equal rights issue. But they can't, so we don't. Nobody can marry more than one person. Should they be able to? Well, why not start a forum to talk about that? If you had an actual argument against gay marriage, you wouldn't have to bring up polygamy.
Rose_NoHo thinks equal rights only applies to gender.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169846 Dec 4, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy certainly is an equal rights issue dummy. You're stupid.
BBB service

Covina, CA

#169847 Dec 4, 2012
Bibles, Badges and Business, they have subed Bullets for Business.

The GOP and Republicaqns are on a new roll towards immigration twilights.
Let them marry

Sacramento, CA

#169848 Dec 4, 2012
Please!!!!
LippIE

Covina, CA

#169850 Dec 4, 2012
It's known as LippIE service.
GodZilla

Toronto, Canada

#169855 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I posted pictures of mine, he'd be whacking off to them, within minutes....
Nah,He'd be gagging! LOLOLOL

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#169856 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, it's YOUR opinion, but you are wrong, my laughing stock opponent. I leave those heifers for guys like you, the abrasive ones with no class. The class of woman that I am "hooked up with" would hurt your feelings...You wouldn't be able to get my type of woman to even give you the time of day.
LOL the things 5 dollars will buy these days.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#169857 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
...... As for the amount of "legally" married couples now in existence, it is because some key lawyers and politicians and such have taken over key positions and decided to inundate us with idiocy. Legislate us into "Idiocracy".........
Why do you feel that love, marriage, and family life are "idiocracy"? For a great many people, they are very positive things.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#169859 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I posted pictures of mine, he'd be whacking off to them, within minutes....
Post it ......

let me guess, this one?

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169861 Dec 4, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose "you guys" first off.
LOL!!
You may find yourself waking up to voices in your head Sybil but not me.
And no one is tossing polygamists away like "bad fruit". Fact is no one gives a rats ass about polygamists when discussing gay marriage but you and your ilk since it's the only desparate way you can find at derailing arguments in favor of gays marrying.
You've been had friend. Give it a rest.
So you really don't care about "equal Right's" in regards to marriage, it simply sounds good while petitioning for same sex marriage.

Got it.

Location hidden

#169862 Dec 4, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
You can point them out. And you can see their relevance illustrated.
Your problem is you cannot successfully argue the facts brought to your doorstep.
No one cares if polygamists get married dumbshit. For one their numbers are so small they're almost non-existant. Add to that the only things people are concerned about if you can actually find polygamists is that they not coerce, marry underage kiddies or use methods of brainwashing in their practice of polygamy....no different than any other marriage moron.
Your inner bigot came out a long time ago with your sad effort at staining gay marriage so I'd shaddup hypocrit.
So because they are small in number they do not deserve equal rights?

Interesting, in less than a page you have managed to single-handedly dismantle two of your argument's- the argument of equality in marriage rights, and the -a vote of the majority cannot take away the rights of the majority.

Congratulations moron.
GodZilla

Toronto, Canada

#169863 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, by your minority, it is, but the vast majority of us know what is right.
Vast majority my azz! Perhaps we should ask the voters in Maine,Washington and Maryland? LOL,It is losers like yourself that are fast becoming a minority and there is a true fact for you Mr. Neanderthal!

Location hidden

#169865 Dec 4, 2012
GodZilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Vast majority my azz! Perhaps we should ask the voters in Maine,Washington and Maryland? LOL,It is losers like yourself that are fast becoming a minority and there is a true fact for you Mr. Neanderthal!
So now you guys are OK with people voting on same sex marriage?

You should make up your minds.

North Hollywood, CA

#169871 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to the lengthy amounts of posts, by you, I am not going to answer them all, as I would run of time for sleep, and that would be dangerous, given what I do for a living. But sometimes, I just have to slap the shit out of you. So here goes...It isn't just MY opinion, it's the opinion of the vast amount of people that have already lived and died. If the Founders wished for that kind of equality to exist, then why weren't gays getting married 200 years ago ?
For the same reason women couldn't vote, many of the founders were bigots.
R Hudson wrote:
Easy. They were always considered to be aberrations, up until now.
Well, it's now.
R Hudson wrote:
They were not considered by the Founders as a serious threat to the society that they were creating, they had common sense.
Nothing says "common sense" like slavery and murder of innocent Natives.

R Hudson wrote:
As for the amount of "legally" married couples now in existence, it is because some key lawyers and politicians and such have taken over key positions and decided to inundate us with idiocy. Legislate us into "Idiocracy". Easily answered, and have a good night, a$$hole.
Wiccan, yeah right.

North Hollywood, CA

#169872 Dec 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, it's YOUR opinion, but you are wrong, my laughing stock opponent. I leave those heifers for guys like you, the abrasive ones with no class. The class of woman that I am "hooked up with" would hurt your feelings...You wouldn't be able to get my type of woman to even give you the time of day.
Yeah, your type of woman would be too drunk to give anybody the type of day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 25 min dannytome 15,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 20 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 30 at 2:10AM PDT

•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search