Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,621 - 148,640 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Winston Smiths dog

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy BAD! Yada yada yada. Nonsensical bigotry is often used against same sex marriage too.
Of course we're talking about consenting adults, just like same sex marriage. Emphasize CONSENTING. Emphasize ADULTS. Get it? Got it? Good!
Yes, I know we're talking about consenting adults. What has happened, historically speaking, didn't involve them, hence the difficulty posed for polygamists. Where in my post did I say I was against it?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect, fascist. No opinion, save yours, is unwelcome, in here.
Obviously, yours is not welcome, but I'm sure you understand the rules. By the way, have you yet discovered that a high school diploma is required for college attendance ? LOL, guess you can't go, now, can you ? Your misspelling could kill someone, and I wouldn't trust you to take care of a frog.
i got my GED in Bayviews womens correctional facility when I was 20 ... ohhhh what a shame
TheTroll Stopper

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect, fascist yap yap yap blah blah blah.
A person who opposes expanding marriage rights as you do is no position whatsoever to call anyone else a "fascist", bigot boy.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect, fascist. No opinion, save yours, is unwelcome, in here.
Obviously, yours is not welcome, but I'm sure you understand the rules. By the way, have you yet discovered that a high school diploma is required for college attendance ? LOL, guess you can't go, now, can you ? Your misspelling could kill someone, and I wouldn't trust you to take care of a frog.
hows that hand....loooooser
Winston Smiths dog

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have not included homosexual behavior, in your litany of damage done, through wrongful behavior.
Ya mean the mental and physical abuse gays have suffered at the hands of narrow minded buffoons?

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So....claiming to have never gotten past the 8th grade was.........a lie ?
And I cannot believe that you passed the test with spelling like that, it poses a danger to all who will be cared for, by you. Spelling is important in the Medical field. You have much work to do on that front. I suggest more computer time on spelling tuition, and less computer time spent telling others that THEY are ignorant, as you are.
sorry never did go to a single day of high school... so no lie.... ged i studyied for myself in my cell

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

amazing what you can accomplish in a year and five months in a cell

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
As I suspected, you have no answer to the statement that you present a danger to others, through your ignorance. To hell with their safety, as long as you win, right ?
honey the only danger to saftey is you dumbazzes

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

You can claim they are equal, but they are not the same. Never will be.

Makes it impossible to be equal. No law can change that.

Not trying to be difficult, just simple reality.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Both money-earning hands are fine, how's the Jerry-robbing job going ?
we picked out a beautiful ring together ha ha ha lonely azz loser
jack rabbit swammi cowboy

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Homosexuality in nature?

Even if you consider heifers who were engineered and breed for manís use out in the pasture dry humping to be natural beasts? I have never in all my time looking after and taking them to market seen what looked like copulation. Now on large spreads where the cattle are wilder and more able to survive on their own there is a lot less of the dry humping. Leg pumping lap dogs don]t qualify as natural either.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Dry humping heifers are the most domesticated and good for leading the others to slaughter.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>i got my GED in Bayviews womens correctional facility when I was 20 ... ohhhh what a shame
Congratulations ...

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The unions are evidence of that.
Most recently organized labor tried to use it's methods based on legalized extortion to an ailing company, Hostess, only to take them down.
Good job.
I agree!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smiths dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know we're talking about consenting adults. What has happened, historically speaking, didn't involve them, hence the difficulty posed for polygamists. Where in my post did I say I was against it?
Sort of like the difficulty posed for gays by Jeffrey Dalmer?

Some polygamists in the past were bad. Therefore all polygamists are bad?

Lose that knee jerk reaction to polygamy. We're not talking about child rape, kidnapping, forced or coerced marriages or any crimes. We're talking about a loving relationship among consenting adults.

Why would that harm anyone? Hold the bigoted nonsense please.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Prop 8 is Law wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I once saw two bulls having sex. Wait, that is just bull. The only humping done with bulls, if it a gay man finds one and thinks it is his pastor.
You got video on your sick web pages of course. No I won't click on any virus trap either.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree!
I agree with the jackass on that too.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree!
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The unions are evidence of that.
Most recently organized labor tried to use it's methods based on legalized extortion to an ailing company, Hostess, only to take them down.
Good job.
I agree!

Hostess was so broke the bosses gave themselves a one and a half million dollar bonus. looked more like a tantrum after the GOP loss to me. Most of the other workers took the Hostess offer because they understood they had it good compared to many.

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of like the difficulty posed for gays by Jeffrey Dalmer?
Some polygamists in the past were bad. Therefore all polygamists are bad?
Lose that knee jerk reaction to polygamy. We're not talking about child rape, kidnapping, forced or coerced marriages or any crimes. We're talking about a loving relationship among consenting adults.
Why would that harm anyone? Hold the bigoted nonsense please.
So now you defend polygamy so you think I must pay for that too? One man knocking up 5+ wives and someone else pays the bill? Yea I see your reasioning one with a goverment job can supply sham benifits to as many as they wish. I know your loving it.
Dan

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't ask the government, he asked you, who has stated that polygamy is harmful. upon what are you basing this moronic idiocy ? A properly asked, and difficult to answer, question must chap YOUR ass, pretty hard...
Not really given I've already answered it but with your selective reading ability I'll spell it out yet again.

Polygamy is deemed harmful by the government based on past experience with it in dealing with cults which have tendacies to use techniques which amount to bondage, brain washing younger members and many include under aged brides.

The information is readily available so my thoughts lead me to think you and the other clown in here pointing to polygamy when discussing gay marriage do so only as a deflective posture in a lame effort of playing games when discussing homosexual marriage.

My personal opinion is that there are so few polygamists that as long as they don't involve themselves in harmful activities such as those advised by the governments resistance towards them I could give a shit less.

So you really have no point in your inclusion of it when discussing the marriage or Wendy to Sally dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Mis kites 15,915
Review: Rich's Painting Wed Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Wed Alice 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Ocean 7,835
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Wed AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Wed Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••