Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Moniker

La Puente, CA

#169272 Nov 27, 2012
I thought it was it's city hall who were in to robbing the business?

The "McBandit," so named because of the McDonalds paper bag he placed his stolen cash in.

He robbed the Chase Bank inside Ralphs, 655 South Grand Avenue, Glendora, Californai.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169273 Nov 27, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it was too much to hope for that you could learn
Yes he was impeached by the house
that impeachment failed at trial in the senate :)
It died there, and no penalty from the impeachment were applied, a total waste of time money and effort.
Effect... zero ( other than to give you a hard on ) LOL
You are dense as a rock. The impeachment did not fail, the house has the SOLE power of impeachment and it most certainly did not fail, the House very much impeached Clinton.

The fact that the Senate did not convict or remove him from office does not change the fact that he was-is-and will always be- and IMPEACHED President.

The impeachment did not fail, if it had failed the Senate would not have held a trial.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169274 Nov 28, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't removed from office you moron, he was acquitted.
But he was impeached, you finally admit that at least.
Give it up old man! He was impeached.
FUN Stuff!
Oh I know he wasnít, your successful impeachment didnít do a darn thing, but you think it was a total success so I thought I would just humor you along until the men in the white suits come and pick you up. Not one thing listed in the articles of impeachment were actually applied. ZipÖ nadaÖ a total failure.

It failed in the senate that is history, Just like the previous impeachment of Andrew Johnson did.

but you want to believe they were successes and I donít want to strain your already strained mind
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169275 Nov 28, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dense as a rock. The impeachment did not fail, the house has the SOLE power of impeachment and it most certainly did not fail, the House very much impeached Clinton.
The fact that the Senate did not convict or remove him from office does not change the fact that he was-is-and will always be- and IMPEACHED President.
The impeachment did not fail, if it had failed the Senate would not have held a trial.
and the senate has the power to try impeachments

so, did the trying of the impeachment succeed or fail?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169276 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It succeeded jackass. Look it up! It's history.

What a moron!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169277 Nov 28, 2012
Well I saw the vote when the impeachment went to trial in the senate.

You donít get to re-write history

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169278 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know he wasnít, your successful impeachment didnít do a darn thing, but you think it was a total success so I thought I would just humor you along until the men in the white suits come and pick you up. Not one thing listed in the articles of impeachment were actually applied. ZipÖ nadaÖ a total failure.
It failed in the senate that is history, Just like the previous impeachment of Andrew Johnson did.
but you want to believe they were successes and I donít want to strain your already strained mind
Clinton's impeachment didn't "fail in the Senate". It was successfully concluded with his acquittal on Feb 12, 1999.

You are truly a moron!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169279 Nov 28, 2012
It certainly didnít succeed as you seem to think it did. The impeachment is tried in the senate, and did not get the votes to pass, you call that a success?

Clinton was not removed from office as stated in the articles of impeachment.

You may have a different idea of success than I do.

How do you feel about what you would call the successful criminal case against OJ Simpson?

LOL

You might as well drop it, you are not capable of understanding what happened.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169280 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
It certainly didnít succeed as you seem to think it did. The impeachment is tried in the senate, and did not get the votes to pass, you call that a success?
Clinton was not removed from office as stated in the articles of impeachment.
You may have a different idea of success than I do.
How do you feel about what you would call the successful criminal case against OJ Simpson?
LOL
You might as well drop it, you are not capable of understanding what happened.
Was Clinton impeached Big D? Yes Mike he was.

How could his impeachment be a failure then Big D? Because I said it was and I am never wrong Mike.

Priceless!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169281 Nov 28, 2012
I have said many dozens of times now that yes he was impeached by the house, is it a memory problem you have? Maybe that is why you donít remember the impeachments failure in the trial in the senate?

Did the penalty described in the articles of impeachment, the removal of the president from office succeed or fail?

why... because the impeachment did not pass the trial in the senate, and that is what you call a success.

pretty funny
Flounders

La Puente, CA

#169282 Nov 28, 2012
The Republican's elected offcials in Washington D.C. haven't got over the butKicking they got in 2012.

Taking it to the limit, GOP, Republican idiots in Washington D.C. have decided to get side tracked and pick on a FEMALE rather than deal with the debt crises.

Just admit it McCain and Graham and your other fools calling themselves Republicans

Location hidden

#169283 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The impeachment certainly succeeded, or the Senate would not have held a trial you moron.

Location hidden

#169284 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
The impeachment wasn't "TRIED" in the Senate, the ACCUSED was tried in the Senate you moron...

The impeachment proceedings had a;ready concluded, that's why there was a trial in the first place.

Get a clue. How about you simply admit you were wrong and we can all move on to something that actually happened this century?
Flounders

La Puente, CA

#169285 Nov 28, 2012
Glad to see the STUPID ones from the GOP, Republican and Tea Party have got their heads on straight and are dealing with matters that greatly impact all Americans.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169286 Nov 28, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The impeachment wasn't "TRIED" in the Senate, the ACCUSED was tried in the Senate you moron...
The impeachment proceedings had a;ready concluded, that's why there was a trial in the first place.
Get a clue. How about you simply admit you were wrong and we can all move on to something that actually happened this century?
Read your constitution, it clearly states that the senate tries impeachments.

come back when you know more, there is nothing for me to admit, I already know what happend, it is history.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#169287 Nov 28, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It succeeded jackass. Look it up! It's history.
What a moron!
You're right he is a dope, I deal with him on the elk grove forum all the time, he has a hard time figuring out things, interesting is he is on a pot topic a lot, go figure with his name, Big Dope. lol.
LegZZHorn

La Puente, CA

#169288 Nov 28, 2012
Fog Horn to you too!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#169289 Nov 28, 2012
There was a ban ?!
Virtues

La Puente, CA

#169290 Nov 28, 2012
Here we go again the tail wagging the dog, give it up and leave these people alone.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169291 Nov 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You're right he is a dope, I deal with him on the elk grove forum all the time, he has a hard time figuring out things, interesting is he is on a pot topic a lot, go figure with his name, Big Dope. lol.
Big dope is big fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 10 hr Octopus 1
child molester at large in dhs 10 hr tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs