Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169286 Nov 28, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The impeachment wasn't "TRIED" in the Senate, the ACCUSED was tried in the Senate you moron...
The impeachment proceedings had a;ready concluded, that's why there was a trial in the first place.
Get a clue. How about you simply admit you were wrong and we can all move on to something that actually happened this century?
Read your constitution, it clearly states that the senate tries impeachments.

come back when you know more, there is nothing for me to admit, I already know what happend, it is history.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#169287 Nov 28, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It succeeded jackass. Look it up! It's history.
What a moron!
You're right he is a dope, I deal with him on the elk grove forum all the time, he has a hard time figuring out things, interesting is he is on a pot topic a lot, go figure with his name, Big Dope. lol.
LegZZHorn

La Puente, CA

#169288 Nov 28, 2012
Fog Horn to you too!

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#169289 Nov 28, 2012
There was a ban ?!
Virtues

La Puente, CA

#169290 Nov 28, 2012
Here we go again the tail wagging the dog, give it up and leave these people alone.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#169291 Nov 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You're right he is a dope, I deal with him on the elk grove forum all the time, he has a hard time figuring out things, interesting is he is on a pot topic a lot, go figure with his name, Big Dope. lol.
Big dope is big fun!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169292 Nov 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You're right he is a dope, I deal with him on the elk grove forum all the time, he has a hard time figuring out things, interesting is he is on a pot topic a lot, go figure with his name, Big Dope. lol.
You donít like it when people actually know what they are talking about is your problem

The house votes whether an impeachment exists, without that vote there is no impeachment, the senate tires the impeachment and it succeeds or fails there.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169293 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your constitution, it clearly states that the senate tries impeachments.
come back when you know more, there is nothing for me to admit, I already know what happend, it is history.
I have read the Constitution I even pasted it in here for you since you can't seem to read it yourself.

Without being IMPEACHED there is no TRIAL in the SENATE. Clinton is IMPEACHED, he will always be IMPEACHED, the Senate cannot change that.

The Senate has the power to TRY IMPEACHMENTS- How can they "TRY" the accused/IMPEACHED if they "IMPEACHMENT FAILED" as you claim.

You don't even have a basic understanding of how this process works. Look us up when concepts like 2+2 no longer confuse you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169294 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít like it when people actually know what they are talking about is your problem
The house votes whether an impeachment exists, without that vote there is no impeachment, the senate tires the impeachment and it succeeds or fails there.
TOO Funny!

Location hidden

#169295 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you have no idea what you are talking about.

Concepts like Grand Jury confuse you don't they?

The impeachment is a process which ONLY occurs in the House. That is where the indictment is drafted, and charges are decided upon. Then there is a vote as to if there is enough evidence to move the issue to trial- that is the IMPEACHMENT. The IMPEACHMENT succeeds or fails in the HOUSE, the Senate has nothing to do with it. As you say- READ THE CONSTITUTION!!!!

At that point, the IMPEACHED is tried in the Senate. The Formal charges are presented to the Senate, and a trial of the accused is commenced. The Senate then decides if the IMPEACHED shall be removed from office (Convicted) or Acquitted. The Senate does not decide to Impeach or NOT Impeach, that has already been decided by the House.

You seem to think impeachment means the removal of the President from office, it is not. It is simply one step in the TWO step process. Step 1: IMPEACHMENT Step 2: TRIAL

Elk Grove, CA

#169296 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..i just enjoy observing your hard head. You just don't seem to get it. I feel sorry for your beginning history teachers. I bet you flunked that course several times. Oops I forgot, we pass everybody now days.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169297 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know he wasnít, your successful impeachment didnít do a darn thing, but you think it was a total success so I thought I would just humor you along until the men in the white suits come and pick you up. Not one thing listed in the articles of impeachment were actually applied. ZipÖ nadaÖ a total failure.
It failed in the senate that is history, Just like the previous impeachment of Andrew Johnson did.
but you want to believe they were successes and I donít want to strain your already strained mind
My grandfather told me if one person says you are wrong you can shine it on. If two people say you are wrong you'd better start listening. And if three or more people say you are wrong, you are probably wrong, son.

But you're a wise old man and I'm a dumb little junior high school kid repeating stuff my grandpa said so maybe you know better than him and me!

Funny Stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169298 Nov 28, 2012
I donít care who you ask, we already know what happened, it is history.

Iím not going to argue with the flat earth society, we already know better.

Location hidden

#169299 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
Yes, it is history. Look up "IMPEACHED PRESIDENTS" and there you will find Mr Clinton in all his glory, listed right along side Johnson.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169300 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
Oh hell yeah! That's the attitude old man! Chin up! Don't let 'em "fail" you too!

Funny stuff!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169301 Nov 28, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is history. Look up "IMPEACHED PRESIDENTS" and there you will find Mr Clinton in all his glory, listed right along side Johnson.
He's gonna insist "Yes he was impeached and the impeachment failed"

Sort of like "yes he died and the death failed".

Funny stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#169302 Nov 28, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
of course he is, I never said he was not impeached, not once.

I did say ( and it is true ) that the impeachment failed in the senate, and it did.

OJ Simpson was charged too, the criminal case failed at trial

Location hidden

#169303 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say ( and it is true ) that the impeachment failed in the senate, and it did.
OJ Simpson was charged too, the criminal case failed at trial
No moron, the Conviction failed, the impeachment was quite successful.

And the same would be true in the OJ case. The Indictment (Impeachment) was most certainly successful as it went to trial. During the trial they failed to CONVICT. Doesn't change the fact that OJ was, is, and ALWAYS WILL BE Indicted by a GRAND JURY..

You think you are being cute by parsing words, but all you are really doing is showing how limited your understanding is of the judicial process in this country.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#169304 Nov 28, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say ( and it is true ) that the impeachment failed in the senate, and it did...

No it didn't.

Nana nana nana!

Big Fun!
Can you ear me

La Puente, CA

#169305 Nov 28, 2012
Can you ear me? me now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Dec 23 Mike 132
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web