Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#168837 Nov 22, 2012
Bruno wrote:
Hudson, I work when and where I want, I can earn as much or as little as I want, I don't pay for my medical benefits, I pay only $1 for my perscriptions and will get more from my pension than more people make in a years salary. This is why I support a good labor union like the ILWU. Yes I am sold, you get what you pay for. I won't bore you with my fantastic lifestyle. "Live better work UNION"
Bruno.

Longshoremen of your generation were able to bargain for better benefits in exchange for ILWU permitting the employers to modernize work methods and rules in order to increase productivity. The revolutionaries who came out of the 60s 70s (now in power) seemingly have forgotten the elementary truth that increased wages and improved conditions of employment can only be achieved as a result of increased productivity. Witness to this fundamental economic truth is the observation that:

"over the course of 40 years (19692009), the median earnings of American men with college degrees fell by 12% in constant (inflation-adjusted) dollars. For men with only a high-school diploma, earnings fell a staggering 47%."

In order to quiet the masses, post revolution Government is now doling out food stamps that are paid for by the increasingly impoverished, diminishing minority of Americans who are still paying taxes - most of whom are NON-tobacco smokers. Essentially, the "benefits" Government doles out to the non-taxpaying majority represents the eating up of capital - a necessary component for the production of goods and services. What is the American working ("middle") class going to do after all the seed corn is eaten?

Source: http://tinyurl.com/aq8rt4l

Ronald
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168838 Nov 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The "employer" ? That unidentified and ambiguous character ? The unseen nemesis that serves you well with his anonymity ? You must have worked for the wrong people...
When did I ever say that I needed the unions to negotiate my wages ? Or their expertise ? I didn't, but if you can find a post that shows me doing so, then list it. Stop inventing. I never said that. I DID say that I needed a union card to deliver to certain East Coast sites, and I also said that I bring home more money working at a NON-union shop. Learn to read, if you please.
And, yes, you need to say plenty more than "Wal-Mart" to clarify your position, as per the necessity of the unions. Because you haven't said anything with that. You merely mentioned a store chain.
Ok never mind, you are too stupid to accept the fact that the Teamsters are giving you your opportunity to drive where you prefer. you are still a scab and user of the union, I dare you to disasociate yourself from the Teamsters
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168839 Nov 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably would bore me, yes, as I also have a fantastic lifestyle. Pick and choose my runs, am enjoying good health and the whole bit. And I need no union to give me any of that.
Then turn in your card lier
Topper

Covina, CA

#168840 Nov 22, 2012
Not more turkey, I've seen and heard enough Republican and Tea Party dribble to last another four years.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#168841 Nov 22, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok never mind, you are too stupid to accept the fact that the Teamsters are giving you your opportunity to drive where you prefer. you are still a scab and user of the union, I dare you to disasociate yourself from the Teamsters
The "Teamsters"?? I didn't know they built and owned the road system in the US. Last I checked anyone could drive anywhere they like.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#168842 Nov 22, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Then turn in your card lier
What a moron you are.

He already said that he holds a union card so he can drive in Union States, this has nothing to do with the quality of service he provides or his salary and benefits package. You say turn in you card, as if doing so would change his salary and benefits- it wouldn't.

Like I said, Unions- Ideas so good they must be mandatory.

BTW, do you get a kick-back from the union for all the di$k sucking you are are doing?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#168843 Nov 22, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D = Big Dope!
Funny!
Big MD = Moe on the Down low!
Pathetic!

Lewis Center, OH

#168844 Nov 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't teach kids anything of the sort. And I don't have access to all the kids in the world. They are going to make up their own minds about what they laugh at, it's called "free will". And people don't laugh at me, I am taken seriously in the world.
I doubt that anyone but you takes you seriously. BTW, I see you changed your pic, what, tired of all the honest feedback? roflmao

Lewis Center, OH

#168845 Nov 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Teamsters"?? I didn't know they built and owned the road system in the US. Last I checked anyone could drive anywhere they like.
Thanks to the Federal Government providing the funds to create and maintain them. Thought you were for a smaller government hypocrate?

Lewis Center, OH

#168846 Nov 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
What a moron you are.
He already said that he holds a union card so he can drive in Union States, this has nothing to do with the quality of service he provides or his salary and benefits package. You say turn in you card, as if doing so would change his salary and benefits- it wouldn't.
Like I said, Unions- Ideas so good they must be mandatory.
BTW, do you get a kick-back from the union for all the di$k sucking you are are doing?
Be careful AK, with comments like this you sound like a hater. Oh wait, you are.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168847 Nov 22, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Big MD = Moe on the Down low!
Pathetic!
Something wrong with being gay? Tell us about it Fruitloops!

What a jackass.
Topper

Covina, CA

#168848 Nov 22, 2012
Still trying to get a issue going over this topic?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168849 Nov 22, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to the Federal Government providing the funds to create and maintain them. Thought you were for a smaller government hypocrate?
You are a dope.
Topper

Covina, CA

#168850 Nov 22, 2012
Have you seen the little dog?

What about maryann?
Topper

Covina, CA

#168851 Nov 22, 2012
Not more turkey, I've seen and heard enough Republican and Tea Party nutty stuffing to last another four years.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168855 Nov 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably would bore me, yes, as I also have a fantastic lifestyle. Pick and choose my runs, am enjoying good health and the whole bit. And I need no union to give me any of that.
You have your union to thank for that opportunity you user.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168856 Nov 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked, I was going where I wanted to, and 98% of the time, no one cares if I have a union card, or not, just a few odd times in the Big Apple...The union has nothing to do with my current job, at all. Weren't for the Teamsters, I'd have a 100% success rate...
We are going in circles here, now why is it you have the card???
Annieb

Glendora, CA

#168857 Nov 22, 2012
I am frustrated that the people of California voted on this issue and then a judge has the audacity to think he or she can over turn our vote? Why put it on the ballot? There are a lot of things that have passed that I'm not in favor but I remember that it was put to a vote. We the people need to take a stand and let our government know that our vote does count otherwise we are not a Democracy! Why Vote????!!!!!! 100 wrong! This judge needs to stop having dinner with people who think they are in charge of our state & remember who they work for.
Jennifer

Barstow, CA

#168858 Nov 22, 2012
When is the Jennifer is driving to Apple Valley, California?
Jennifer

Barstow, CA

#168859 Nov 22, 2012
Coming to Apple Valley, California.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs