Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,400)

Showing posts 147,981 - 148,000 of200,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Proud Cherokees took the Iroquois land, raped their wives, killed there children and ate their food.
hey we learned it from christardos

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Proud Cherokees took the Iroquois land, raped their wives, killed there children and ate their food.
the Sioux and Chippewa war in MN was going on before our revolutionary war and was still going on after the civil war was over. Lots of land being stolen from one people by another.

Hey Mikey...have a happy turkey day!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the Sioux and Chippewa war in MN was going on before our revolutionary war and was still going on after the civil war was over. Lots of land being stolen from one people by another.
Hey Mikey...have a happy turkey day!
You too Woodtick.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>hey we learned it from christardos
I suppose "christardos" means Christian Europeans. The problem with your scenario is this happened before they came to America.

Unless you mean The Norse. But they weren't dreaded Christians and never met the Cherokee.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And 3/4 stupid. We can't help it if you, and your ancestors, couldn't compete. Pity the losers...
you celebrate thanksgiving in memory of those unable to compete losers as you call them people who had they not kept you alive over the winters you wouldn't have been left here to strip them of there land you morazz

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And 3/4 stupid. We can't help it if you, and your ancestors, couldn't compete. Pity the losers...
oh and you had such a kind program of indoctrination... convert to christardoism or die

wow not much has changed there i see
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, my spidey sense tells me that you are sympathetic to the unions...
1) My statement is the reason for the unions..does that mean that my statement actually created the unions, or the need for the same ?
2) I would be able to drive to the East Coast, whether or not the unions exist, the roads are there, as are the warehouses, docks, stores, steel mills and restaurants, just to name a few..regardless of the presence of the unions. If the unions didn't exist, I'd still be able to drive and deliver there, as I do in the rest of America. The unions have no sway in the other 45 or so states in which I travel. The unions have made themselves a necessary ingredient in the East Coast due to the involvement of the Mafia.
3) I DO perform my job properly, and have never needed union rep, so what are you talking about ?
4) If you call "bringing home over $1000 a week", as a company driver, being taken advantage of, then ..."do me, baby, do me!" I pay no fuel charges, no insurance, no maintenance, never have to pay state road taxes, I don't buy tires, oil, injectors, I get reimbursed for tolls, my truck gets washed once a week, whether or not it needs it, etc. "Taken advantage of " ? You're high. Unionism ? Pshaw. Unionism gives me a middleman to deal with. Nothing more. An extra hassle in certain places. I am not giving up my membership until the unions go away, and leave us to conduct our business without interference. Did the unions stop the new D.O.T. regs ? Did they prevent CSA2010 from happening ? No. they did not. the unions are nothing more than leverage, used to reach into my pockets and relieve me of $$. Are the unions happening in Texas, Michigan, California, Arkansas, Arizona, etc ? NO, and we deliver in all those states, and more, easier than in New York or New Jersey. If we stopped delivering in those states, then perhaps union membership would dry up. Where were the unions when illegal immigrants were getting into the 40-ton missiles and piloting them down roads decorated with signs that they couldn't read, killing people in the process ? Where was the union when NAFTA and GATT was being enacted ? Sitting in Ft. Lauderdale, sipping piņa coladas, and laughing about getting rich, from the efforts of others, that's where. Smirking about Hoffa, that's where.
Don't try to lecture me about unionism, sonnie, unless you are a relative of one of those fat cats, then I would understand your zealous behavior. Unions were once a vital ingredient in America, but that time has passed.
I am proud to be a 40 year card holding member in good standing with the ILWU so I know what I am talking about when scabs like you start with the BS. Unions are still a still needed in America, that is why you are a so called member. Try it on your own then !!!! "Live better work Union"

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I am proud to be a 40 year card holding member in good standing with the ILWU so I know what I am talking about when scabs like you start with the BS. Unions are still a still needed in America, that is why you are a so called member. Try it on your own then !!!! "Live better work Union"
oh he's a scab alright
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have it good, because my boss pays me well, as I stated already, I work in a non-union shop. I earn well because I work for it. Making more $$ than I did in a union shop...
You are changing your words, that's not what you said but oh well you are just like the rest of the trolls in here.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

or a pustuole..lol

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are changing your words, that's not what you said but oh well you are just like the rest of the trolls in here.
have you seen him... he looks like pope Been-A-D!ck now
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.. My first job was in a grocery store bagging groceries, I was 16. Starting pay for this chain of stores was set at Minimum Wage +$.75/hr, with a standard $.25/hr raise for every year. There was a cap on the raises based on your position, for instance a bagger would cap out at $14/hr. This was quite a few decades ago. There was NO Union.
I worked there for about 4 years while I was in High School and the year after graduation that I spent completing flight training before going to college, and with hard work I had increased my pay by several dollars per hour by getting promoted to Assistant Front end manager. Needless to say I was making VERY good money for a High School Student. I only left when I went to college out of state. I decided to work at a grocery store in the new State while in college as it offered quite a bit of flexibility with hours, this time I was in a Union State. I took a $2/hr pay CUT and had to pay DUES!!!
Don't feed me this BS that Unions are so wonderful... There was a time and place for the Union, it has passed, now they are nothing more than another tax collector that exists for the SOLE purpose of collecting dues. They are just another Corporation in disguise.
Obviously your local was satisfied with the wages and working conditions, it was probably in a small non union city. Too bad your local didn't have the balls to step up for what you felst was right. That is not a union it's a fraterinity of a small town of friends.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You got sold on it, good for you. You may pay all the dues that want to, and use union rep any time you make a mistake, but I do not need them to fulfill any contractual obligations between my company and consignees. I haven't had to use my card, but a handful of times, and I wish you to explain, in detail, why are the unions "necessary" in todays America ?
hey scabby... stfu
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>have you seen him... he looks like pope Been-A-D!ck now
lol .. is he one of your tricks????

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You got sold on it, good for you. You may pay all the dues that want to, and use union rep any time you make a mistake, but I do not need them to fulfill any contractual obligations between my company and consignees. I haven't had to use my card, but a handful of times, and I wish you to explain, in detail, why are the unions "necessary" in todays America ?
surgen generels warning.... smoking can first turn you into a discusting creature (R Hudson) but with continued use will convert you to worse a Popo Been-A-D!ck

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol .. is he one of your tricks????
ohhh hell no honey... i got standards!!!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I guess after seening the employer FK the working man over and my unoin putting an end to it, sold me. We don't waste the unions time with little "mistakes" shit like YOU would expect. Make up your mind, you say you need their expertise to negociate, WTF !!! To answer your last stupid question in one word ... Wal-Mart need I say more ?????
interesting

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Being "fodder for ridicule" is what gay people have always been, up until now, and that isn't going to change. I require no legislation to exist peacefully in the world. You do.
Dolt.

Is that what you teach kids? To ridicule people that are different from you?

Man, people must laugh their asses off at you daily.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Hudson, I work when and where I want, I can earn as much or as little as I want, I don't pay for my medical benefits, I pay only $1 for my perscriptions and will get more from my pension than more people make in a years salary. This is why I support a good labor union like the ILWU. Yes I am sold, you get what you pay for. I won't bore you with my fantastic lifestyle. "Live better work UNION"

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
Hudson, I work when and where I want, I can earn as much or as little as I want, I don't pay for my medical benefits, I pay only $1 for my perscriptions and will get more from my pension than more people make in a years salary. This is why I support a good labor union like the ILWU. Yes I am sold, you get what you pay for. I won't bore you with my fantastic lifestyle. "Live better work UNION"
how can he live better... he's a moron

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,981 - 148,000 of200,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Wed Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 6 Tammie Casas Is Fat 625
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
Review: Steve Leskera Painting Jul 2 Digiscotto69 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Oinkie 15,910
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••