Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Topper

Covina, CA

#168851 Nov 22, 2012
Not more turkey, I've seen and heard enough Republican and Tea Party nutty stuffing to last another four years.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168855 Nov 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably would bore me, yes, as I also have a fantastic lifestyle. Pick and choose my runs, am enjoying good health and the whole bit. And I need no union to give me any of that.
You have your union to thank for that opportunity you user.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168856 Nov 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked, I was going where I wanted to, and 98% of the time, no one cares if I have a union card, or not, just a few odd times in the Big Apple...The union has nothing to do with my current job, at all. Weren't for the Teamsters, I'd have a 100% success rate...
We are going in circles here, now why is it you have the card???
Annieb

Glendora, CA

#168857 Nov 22, 2012
I am frustrated that the people of California voted on this issue and then a judge has the audacity to think he or she can over turn our vote? Why put it on the ballot? There are a lot of things that have passed that I'm not in favor but I remember that it was put to a vote. We the people need to take a stand and let our government know that our vote does count otherwise we are not a Democracy! Why Vote????!!!!!! 100 wrong! This judge needs to stop having dinner with people who think they are in charge of our state & remember who they work for.
Jennifer

Barstow, CA

#168858 Nov 22, 2012
When is the Jennifer is driving to Apple Valley, California?
Jennifer

Barstow, CA

#168859 Nov 22, 2012
Coming to Apple Valley, California.
Amy

Barstow, CA

#168860 Nov 22, 2012
When is the Amy is driving to Apple Valley, California?
Jennifer

Barstow, CA

#168861 Nov 22, 2012
Apple Valley, California.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#168862 Nov 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then, here's the truth. Gay people exist. Yessiree. I don't argue that, for a second. Gay people get together. Yessiree again. I don't argue that, either. They seek to legitimize their relationships through legislation. I oppose that. You call my belief prejudice. Cool. I call your beliefs twisted and aberrant. There we have it. Truth.
So you don't believe in freedom of religion then? The only real reason people oppose same sex marriage is because their god says its wrong, well guess what, your god isn't my god, why the hell should I have to play by its rules? No one is forcing your churches to marry gays, and their marriages do not effect yours in the least. You seem to have this ideal vision of how this society should be morally, completely igoring the fact that as long as what we do is legal, consensual and doesn't hurt anybody we should be free to do it whether YOU think it's moral or not, that's what freedom is. You're all ignorant, egotistical, selfish, controlling bastards. Get a life and leave ours alone.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168863 Nov 22, 2012
QueerQuill wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't believe in freedom of religion then? The only real reason people oppose same sex marriage is because their god says its wrong, well guess what, your god isn't my god, why the hell should I have to play by its rules? No one is forcing your churches to marry gays, and their marriages do not effect yours in the least. You seem to have this ideal vision of how this society should be morally, completely igoring the fact that as long as what we do is legal, consensual and doesn't hurt anybody we should be free to do it whether YOU think it's moral or not, that's what freedom is. You're all ignorant, egotistical, selfish, controlling bastards. Get a life and leave ours alone.
http://www.hark.com/clips/dwlyfhnyts-cuckoocl...
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168865 Nov 22, 2012
Annieb wrote:
I am frustrated that the people of California voted on this issue and then a judge has the audacity to think he or she can over turn our vote? Why put it on the ballot? There are a lot of things that have passed that I'm not in favor but I remember that it was put to a vote. We the people need to take a stand and let our government know that our vote does count otherwise we are not a Democracy! Why Vote????!!!!!! 100 wrong! This judge needs to stop having dinner with people who think they are in charge of our state & remember who they work for.
Geez..... skipped civics class, eh?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#168867 Nov 23, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey FaggotQuill, we oppose ssm cause it's not normal. Two perverted freaks with a sickness wanted to pretend they're man & wife so they can reap the benifits of marriage. That's just a perverted sickness and should be addressed as so. Definitely not grounds for two people to marry. Stupid Fa$$ots
It's normal. Check out the animal kingdom. Humans are mere animals after all.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168870 Nov 23, 2012
QueerQuill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot, "Freedom" still has its limitations. Sure you are free to go out and kill someone but its not the moral thing to do and there are consequences to pay. If your gay cult was to have its way, tou will demand to teach your lifestyles in public schools, it has already been brought up, you will demand special medical treatment by insurance companies that will cause rates to go up. The gay cult WILL AFFECT the mnormal hetero society.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168871 Nov 23, 2012
QueerQuill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's normal. Check out the animal kingdom. Humans are mere animals after all.
You are spliting hairs. STFU
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168872 Nov 23, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sigh"...Since I have already stated why I have a union card, I am going to break this loop that we seem to be stuck in. Have a good day, Driver...
Fine because you are a hypocrite
Hamms

Covina, CA

#168873 Nov 23, 2012
Since the "Grover Norquist REPUBLICANS" can't handle budget problems they in turn run amuck.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#168874 Nov 23, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sigh"...Since I have already stated why I have a union card, I am going to break this loop that we seem to be stuck in. Have a good day, Driver...
See your post #168714 you dumb shit scab

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168877 Nov 23, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
See your post #168714 you dumb shit scab
"Bruno" is a leftist commie union man!

Too Funny!
PokeAnoo

Covina, CA

#168878 Nov 23, 2012
With another message from PokeAnoo thats the truth an all.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168879 Nov 23, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot, "Freedom" still has its limitations. Sure you are free to go out and kill someone but its not the moral thing to do and there are consequences to pay. If your gay cult was to have its way, tou will demand to teach your lifestyles in public schools, it has already been brought up, you will demand special medical treatment by insurance companies that will cause rates to go up. The gay cult WILL AFFECT the mnormal hetero society.
You have no proof, Bruno. Do you realize what happens in Court when you bring charges, but have no proof?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Dec 23 Mike 132
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web