Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168018 Nov 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny! The impeachment DID NOT FAIL. If it had, it wouldn't have gone to the Senate. If it had, you wouldn't be agreeing that he was impeached!
What a dope!
The impeachment called for his removal from office, if it had succeeded he would have been, but it failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999 which tries impeachments ( look it up )

Or are you arguing that he was removed from office?

ROFLMAO!!!!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#168019 Nov 14, 2012
I can't believe youse guys is still arguing this:

Impeachment is only a step in a longer process:

Step 1: House votes on impeachment. Yes = success. No = failure.

If "yes", on to step 2.

Step 2: Trial in Senate. At this point, the "impeachment" phase is over and it is no longer an impeachment, it is a Trial. Then on to Step 3.

Step 3: Verdict. If verdict is "No" end of process. If verdict is "Yes", on to Step 4.

Step 4: Punishment.

So let's review:

Yes, we had an impeachment. Since we had a Trial, the impeachment was a "success".

We had a Trial, and we had a verdict of "No". Depending on your view, you can take that as a success or a failure.

Look at it this way: Impeachment is like starting your car in the morning. If it starts, success! Now, if you're driving down the road, drop your coffee, look down to retrieve it, look up, suddenly realize that you've drifted over the center line and are about to run head-long into a bus, yank the wheel right, overcompensate and bounce off the K-rail projecting your car hard to the left, crossing all lanes of traffic and careen down the cliff on the far side of the road, you may have failed in your ultimate objective, but the impeachment--I mean--"starting of the car" was still a success.
If it

Covina, CA

#168020 Nov 14, 2012
If it moves then salute it.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168021 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said that once, he was impeached by the house, and the impeachment failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999
and the intent of the impeachment to remove Clinton from office did not happen because the impeachment failed.
If the impeachment failed then how was Clinton impeached?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#168022 Nov 14, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
If "yes", on to step 2.
Step 2: Trial in Senate. At this point, the "impeachment" phase is over and it is no longer an impeachment, it is a Trial. Then on to Step 3.
Step 3: Verdict. If verdict is "No" end of process. If verdict is "Yes", on to Step 4.
So let's review:
Yes, we had an impeachment. Since we had a Trial, the impeachment was a "success".
We had a Trial, and we had a verdict of "No". Depending on your view, you can take that as a success or a failure.
Look at it this way: Impeachment is like starting your car in the morning. If it starts, success! Now, if you're driving down the road, drop your coffee, look down to retrieve it, look up, suddenly realize that you've drifted over the center line and are about to run head-long into a bus, yank the wheel right, overcompensate and bounce off the K-rail projecting your car hard to the left, crossing all lanes of traffic and careen down the cliff on the far side of the road, you may have failed in your ultimate objective, but the impeachment--I mean--"starting of the car" was still a success.
You are correct.

Now SCRAM troll!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168023 Nov 14, 2012
If "yes", on to step 2.
So let's review:
not sure which side you are arguing on.
Yes he was impeached by the house who have the sole power to impeach
No the impeachment did not pass trial in the senate which has the power to try impeachments
Not a single penalty called for in the impeachment was carried out because it did not pass the sennate
They may call that a success, I donít.
I have never once said he was not impeached, I have said ( repeatedly ) that the impeachment failed in the senate ( which it did ) and that was the end of it, not a single intent of the impeachment for punishment called for was carried out.
Maybe it is the word "successful" they need to look up
ShellCases

Covina, CA

#168024 Nov 14, 2012
The police officers took cover, but at least one Border Patrol agent went to the fence and opened fire on Jose Antonio Elena Rodriguez, who was shot seven times, according to Mexican authorities.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#168025 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No the impeachment did not pass trial in the senate which has the power to try impeachments
Not a single penalty called for in the impeachment was carried out because it did not pass the sennate
I have never once said he was not impeached, I have said ( repeatedly ) that the impeachment failed in the senate ( which it did ) and that was the end of it, not a single intent of the impeachment for punishment called for was carried out.
The Senate doesn't try impeachments.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168026 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senate doesn't try impeachments.
Wrong

Article 1 clause 6 of our constitution

Clause 6: Trial of Impeachments

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#168027 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
When it reached the Senate, it ceased to be an "impeachment", it transfigured into a "trial".

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168028 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168029 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
When it reached the Senate, it ceased to be an "impeachment", it transfigured into a "trial".
It transmorgified? What are you... Calvin? ROFL

Not according to our constitution it didnít
PappaJerk

Covina, CA

#168030 Nov 14, 2012
Pappa Johns Pizza, Jerk owner who threateded to reduce his employees working hours because President Obama won his second term in office has another SELF made problem to deal with.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168031 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Funny Stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168032 Nov 14, 2012
The constitution does not give the Senate the power to try court cases, only impeachments

No the documents did not transmogrify when the House passed the articles of Impeachment to the Senate

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168033 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It transmorgified? What are you... Calvin? ROFL
Not according to our constitution it didnít
Having fun now!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168034 Nov 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Having fun now!
A blast, It is absolutely hilarious how people are emotionally tied to this.

Funny as heck

All the info is there, but they have this emotional need that the truth doesnít fulfill, so they make stuff up.

We have recently heard

A denial of what our constitution actually says

And now the words that change depending on who is looking at a document.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#168035 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
A blast, It is absolutely hilarious how people are emotionally tied to this.
Funny as heck
All the info is there, but they have this emotional need that the truth doesnít fulfill, so they make stuff up.
We have recently heard
A denial of what our constitution actually says
And now the words that change depending on who is looking at a document.
As I stated when I started this silliness, I like Slick Willy and thought the whole affair was a politically motivated farce. But I have no "emotional need" to say silly sh!t like Clinton's impeachment was a "failure"!

Give it up. Clinton was impeached.

What a dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#168036 Nov 14, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated when I started this silliness, I like Slick Willy and thought the whole affair was a politically motivated farce. But I have no "emotional need" to say silly sh!t like Clinton's impeachment was a "failure"!
Give it up. Clinton was impeached.
What a dope!
I never said he wasnít impeached, he was impeached by the house, and then the impeachment failed in the senate and not a single penalty called for in the impeachment was implemented

I am not a fan of Slick Willy, I wish the impeachment had been successful myself. We would be living in a very different situation ( my opinion better ) if it had been successful.

I personally blame Bill Clinton for the disaster of the president that followed him.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#168037 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
Article 1 clause 6 of our constitution
Clause 6: Trial of Impeachments
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
"Trial"

OF

"Impeachments".

The Senate's action is to "Try" the case based on the "charges" (aka: "impeachments").

Whether the "Trial" is a success or failure, depends on if you think Clinton was guilty or not. Or if you're a democrat or republican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs