Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
147,261 - 147,280 of 200,323 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Only 7 more days till the US Supreme Court will declare whether or not it will hear Prop 8 and or DOMA!

Legalize federal gay marriage now!

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC CALIFORNIA Senator diane Feinstein demanding documents and congressional hearings on the matter ? Is she a "con dumb" too ?
And if the American people hate teh Republicnas so much, why did they ELECT THEM to a MAJORITY in the House Of Repreentatives, a MAJORITY of the gubernatorial seats, and a MAJORITY of teh state legislatures ? Why did te American voter do that ???
Do you misspell "the" for a reason?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that you are trying to be relevant, but I was addressing rose_no_ho about her claim that gay men aren't any more likely to molest little boys than straight men. So if you wish to involve yourself in this string, you refugee from "Twisted Sister", kindly do not put words into my mouth, or attempt to take my statement out of context.
Halloween's over. Take that picture of that hideous monster down, already!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again....."sigh".... making it a racist issue, instead of a question about policy.
What policy?
R Hudson wrote:
Apparently, you have decided that we cannot examine the Obammy, without it becoming racist. Are you stating that he gets a "free pass" because of his race ?
Is he to be held immune because he IS black ? If not, then leave the tired old race bit out, will ya ?
"Obammy"? Nah, that's not racist at all...

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
As anyone frequenting this thread can tell you, I love my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my canine Honey, and yes, even the Africans.
Why are fundies such racists?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Semo wrote:
<quoted text>It is so funny how you change the constitution to fit your agenda. The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.
You bet they are. Women can vote. There isn't any more slavery. It's actually against the law to kill a Native American in cold blood...

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been repeatedly asked to define what you mean by "con dumb", but as of yet, you have failed to provide any definition of same. So answer the questions that we have asked you....any of them will do.....

You're so DUMB you need to have it defined for you.
I saw conservatives use the put down, "libtard", so, I came up with my own term, "con dumb". "Con" is short for "conservative", and dumb, well, means dumb. And it's a pun, sounding like "condom", that's a barrier device that's put over a penis and used during sexual intercourse to reduce the probability of pregnancy and spreading sexually transmitted diseases.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Hey, appreciate your concern for the slut lesbian in me. Sorry, but I always cover her one eye when I am with my wife. She is however grateful that she is not stuck with someone who looks like Candy Crowley...

Which begs the question, why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian??? It's like this double twist of someone who is not quite a man attracting someone who is not quite a woman...

As to gay unions being called marriage, I feel bad for you. The closer something fake gets to the real thing, the clear the counterfeit becomes. Moreover, a child won't see two 'dads', they will see a missing mom. Sad for the child isn't it? At the price of gays pretending.

As for me? I face reality. I AM a major mutation. No denial. No lies. No pretending. Others say, "Damn you sure are! But your union of femininity and masculinity makes you so wise!" I attribute that to the double effect of a lesbian trapped in a straight man, AND being married. The union of Mars and Venus not... you know...

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so DUMB you need to have it defined for you.
I saw conservatives use the put down, "libtard", so, I came up with my own term, "con dumb". "Con" is short for "conservative", and dumb, well, means dumb. And it's a pun, sounding like "condom", that's a barrier device that's put over a penis and used during sexual intercourse to reduce the probability of pregnancy and spreading sexually transmitted diseases.
However, I came up with gay unions being 'redumbant'.

Not only is it two against one, but our two are based on reality.

Liberals really are libtarded. Gay unions are really redumbant.

Silly Ho.

Smile.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that you are trying to be relevant, but I was addressing rose_no_ho about her claim that gay men aren't any more likely to molest little boys than straight men. So if you wish to involve yourself in this string, you refugee from "Twisted Sister", kindly do not put words into my mouth, or attempt to take my statement out of context.
You HAVE no context, pal.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
Only 7 more days till the US Supreme Court will declare whether or not it will hear Prop 8 and or DOMA!
Legalize federal gay marriage now!
What I enjoy is that it is a win-win

If they declare not to hear it, prop 8 goes down and gay marriages are legal in California

If they do decide to hear it, the obvious decision will have national consequences.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you misspell "the" for a reason?
Maybe he did it so you could find something wrong with his post. Nice guy! You should treat him better.

Funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Dude. Stop it. Clinton WAS impeached. Impeachment means charges were brought. It's like an idictment by a grand jury. Clinton WAS impeached. At trial, he was acquitted.
Impeachmnet DOES NOT MEAN remove from office. It means the House voted to indict him.
Yes he was, and the impeachment failed in the senate on Feb 12 1999

when a prosecutor brings a case to a trial, and his case does not succeed, that case is a failure

I have not once said he was not impeached, I said the impeachment failed, and so it did.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
when a prosecutor brings a case to a trial, and his case does not succeed, that case is a failure
I have not once said he was not impeached, I said the impeachment failed, and so it did.
Funny stuff!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Hey, appreciate your concern for the slut lesbian in me. Sorry, but I always cover her one eye when I am with my wife. She is however grateful that she is not stuck with someone who looks like Candy Crowley...
Which begs the question, why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian??? It's like this double twist of someone who is not quite a man attracting someone who is not quite a woman...
As to gay unions being called marriage, I feel bad for you. The closer something fake gets to the real thing, the clear the counterfeit becomes. Moreover, a child won't see two 'dads', they will see a missing mom. Sad for the child isn't it? At the price of gays pretending.
As for me? I face reality. I AM a major mutation. No denial. No lies. No pretending. Others say, "Damn you sure are! But your union of femininity and masculinity makes you so wise!" I attribute that to the double effect of a lesbian trapped in a straight man, AND being married. The union of Mars and Venus not... you know...
Smile.
hahahahahahaha
ahahahahahhahah
ahahahhahahahah

...makes you so wise....

hahahahaha
ahhahahahaha
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senate DOES NOT vote on impeachment. The President is already impeached BEFORE it gets to the Senate.

There has to be an indictment BEFORE the trial. THAT'S what impeachment is.

The impeachment did NOT fail. Two articles of impeachment were passed by the House.

Impeachment is NOT removal from office. Impeachment is indictment.... a formal charge. Clinton was acquitted of the specific charges against him. He wasn't found not guilty of impeachment.
CareBear

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

A final tally of votes gave Democratic candidate Kyrsten Sinema the edge over her GOP rival to represent a new Phoenix-area district.
Republic

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Gay marriage backers plan campaigns in more states in the republic.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are fundies such racists?
Hard to say but they aren't called Kristian KKonservatives by so many for nothing.

Apparently as long as they pray for the needs of someone’s soul they are absolved from having to care about their body and who is kidding who when they say they are "praying" for the sick, poor, less fortunate.

When you get to know some , you realize they operate on hate, hate is their fuel . The more hate and misery they can spread ,the happier they are.

The south has so many of them but politically they are not stupid and they attempt to win over as many non Christians as possible while laughing behind their backs because they feel non Christians are going to hell.

"Some conservative Christians hate our government and teach others hateful lying conspiracy theories in order to convince the simple and the gullible to support their agenda of hate. All this is contrary to the teachings in the Bible that tells us to obey and submit to government authorities that God places over us.

Some Christian conservatives want to do away with most government social programs that aid the poor. They believe that if government would get out of the picture people would be better off. Some fail to understand that most of the nation is not truly Christian and most in this nation will not take care of the less fortunate and downtrodden. In fact, I doubt if most conservative "Christians" would do very much to help those that are less fortunate than themselves either. "

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/Chr...

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

frig my lifes!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 1 hr Alice 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Ocean 7,835
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) 8 hr AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 13 hr Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 17 Alice 120
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 5:52PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••