Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
147,161 - 147,180 of 200,365 Comments Last updated Yesterday
TheyFall

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

How much more can the Republican tea party be now days? Not a darn thing!

They drink to much and fall down, just like stupid drunks they have become.

Tax hikes and immigration reform on the table, triggering a GOP civil war.

No one wants to see or hear from them again, they are finished and they know it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

TheyFall wrote:
How much more can the Republican tea party be now days? Not a darn thing!
They drink to much and fall down, just like stupid drunks they have become.
Tax hikes and immigration reform on the table, triggering a GOP civil war.
No one wants to see or hear from them again, they are finished and they know it.
Oh no, this is the loud voice in the party, they wont be finished until they actually get someone like Rick Santorum or some other nut case to actually be the nominee, and when they lose by a landslide to the democrats, then the Tea Party will be finished.

You are right about civil war in the GOP, but because a supposedly moderate candidate lost, that actually gives more ammo to the far far right wing. I donít think they will be able to face reality until they actually get a right wing nut job to be the nominee.

In the meantime, the more moderate GOP in congress are likely to actually get some work done, as they actually can see the writing on the wall.

At least that is my hope
Stupid Willard

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Never bet any money on a Willard.

Please tell this to Karl Rove who Pizzed away $300 million dollars on a failed attempt at buying a elected position.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
( chuckle )
...I was never a fan of re-writers of history...
Me either. Just the other day some wing nut was trying to tell me Clinton wasn't impeached!

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what started it was Mikey's impliction that his resignation was curiously timed to his testifying....,
reading things that ARE there...
Yes, I agree, you and I are reading things that ARE there! Like something might be fishy. Or not, but either way we deserve to know. Right?

Fun stuff!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, this is the loud voice in the party, they wont be finished until they actually get someone like Rick Santorum or some other nut case to actually be the nominee, and when they lose by a landslide to the democrats, then the Tea Party will be finished.
You are right about civil war in the GOP, but because a supposedly moderate candidate lost, that actually gives more ammo to the far far right wing. I donít think they will be able to face reality until they actually get a right wing nut job to be the nominee.
In the meantime, the more moderate GOP in congress are likely to actually get some work done, as they actually can see the writing on the wall.
At least that is my hope
Aw shuddup jackass! Sore winners are real losers!

What a jerk!

FUN!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
On a similar note, I am starting to worry about my "inner child", as I also seem to have an "inner priest". ;)
About time you start to worry. But it's too late if you now have a priest in there with you and the kid.

What a fruitloop!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree, you and I are reading things that ARE there! Like something might be fishy. Or not, but either way we deserve to know. Right?
Fun stuff!
you only posted wild-assed conspiracy theory concepts of what you think is fishy.

i would like a review of what went down so we know how to do it better.

the true facts on the benghazi event are clear. you just need better information gathering techniques or sources.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's ok if they like little girls, eh?
He never said that.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you only posted wild-assed conspiracy theory concepts of what you think is fishy.
i would like a review of what went down so we know how to do it better.
the true facts on the benghazi event are clear. you just need better information gathering techniques or sources.
Clear eh? Perhaps you will clear a few things up for us then. First, why were we falsely told for two weeks that it was a demonstration against a YouTube video?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Clear eh? Perhaps you will clear a few things up for us then. First, why were we falsely told for two weeks that it was a demonstration against a YouTube video?
All that while, they were saying they had no intel to pin it on any one terrorist group..and they didn't. the protests around the region against the video made that seem like the best reason any intel could point to.

would you have prefered they throw out wild-assed accusations not based in any fact?

We've gone over all this previously...do you really need to do it again? how bout if i just give you a link to that topix page...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either. Just the other day some wing nut was trying to tell me Clinton wasn't impeached!
What a dope!
whoever said that was wrong ( it was not me ), he was impeached by the house, and then the impeachment failed in the senate.

Outcome, failed impeachment

Consequences of failed impeachment, zip
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup jackass! Sore winners are real losers!
What a jerk!
FUN!
Oh no.. You have me all wrong ( again )

I hope they do learn and give me a viable choice, I would love to go to the polls conflicted about who I will vote for. The Democrats donít fully represent me and I would love to see another viable choice.

But I am afraid that will not happen until the far right wing becomes marginalized, and I am afraid that wonít happen yet.

It is very unfortunate

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>All that while, they were saying they had no intel to pin it on any one terrorist group..and they didn't. the protests around the region against the video made that seem like the best reason any intel could point to.
would you have prefered they throw out wild-assed accusations not based in any fact?
We've gone over all this previously...do you really need to do it again? how bout if i just give you a link to that topix page...
I would have preferred they throw out the truth. They knew it was not a demonstration with the first mortar rounds and RPGs.

We've gone over all this previously...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
whoever said that was wrong ( it was not me ), he was impeached by the house, and then the impeachment failed in the senate.
Outcome, failed impeachment
Consequences of failed impeachment, zip
The impeachment did not "fail". Bill Clinton was impeached.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no.. You have me all wrong ( again )
I hope they do learn and give me a viable choice, I would love to go to the polls conflicted about who I will vote for. The Democrats donít fully represent me and I would love to see another viable choice.
But I am afraid that will not happen until the far right wing becomes marginalized, and I am afraid that wonít happen yet.
It is very unfortunate
I am a conservative democrat. I've been a registered democrat for over 40 years.

Bla bla bla..far right wing BAD!! Bla bla bla Far left wing NOT Bad!!

It is very unfortunate neither side compromises.

Democrats idea of compromise seems to be that Republicans must become democrats!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dope!
It certainly didnít succeed, Clinton was AQUITTED, ask any prosecutor what that means.

it failed... and because it failed there were absolutely no consequences of it whatsoever, it ended up being a total waste of time and our money.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly didnít succeed, Clinton was AQUITTED, ask any prosecutor what that means.
it failed... and because it failed there were absolutely no consequences of it whatsoever, it ended up being a total waste of time and our money.

Oy Vey!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dope!
and it failed on Feb 12 1999 when Clinton was acquitted, which is why there were no consequences whatsoever to the failed impeachment

An impeachment that is successful results in removal from office, didnít happen... why.... because the impeachment failed

I get it that you are not going to comprehend, you donít have to explain any more that you cannot comprehend

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have preferred they throw out the truth. They knew it was not a demonstration with the first mortar rounds and RPGs.
We've gone over all this previously...
You do know that Steve's own memos about the area talked about all the weapons floating around after the war..?

What was the truth? Wo did it? please, inform the world...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 1 hr Tounge inside Pussie Hole 655
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 18 hr Randy 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 18 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE