Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
147,081 - 147,100 of 200,369 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Winston Smith

Brodnax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 3 years old so you'll probably disqualify it on that alone! I'll try and i=find something more current. Or not. Lazy Sunday.
A pissing contest?

http://www.fair.org/reports/lichter-memo.html
Winston Smith

Brodnax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats President Obama. He won fair and square. A resounding electoral college victory. The popular vote, while damn near 50/50, was still a decisive victory for Obama. No whining from me. This is a great country where our votes matter.
Sore winners are such losers!
Yet you offer conflicting commentary. On one hand Obama's reelection is the media's fault because Romney was treated unfairly, and OTOH, long live democracy.

While you're proving your point, I'm going to go spin some wrenches. I've got loads of maintenance to do.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you offer conflicting commentary. On one hand Obama's reelection is the media's fault because Romney was treated unfairly, and OTOH, long live democracy.
While you're proving your point, I'm going to go spin some wrenches. I've got loads of maintenance to do.
Oh Winnie you're fibbing again! I never said Obama's re election was "the media's fault."!

What a big fibber! So silly.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet. That old 750 4 P.O.S. needed maintenance straight off the showroom floor circa 1978. Bet it needs crutches now!

Funny!

P.S. hope ya skin a knuckle you old grouch!
StoneCold

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Woman Fired for Racist Facebook Post About President Obama.

Her post seemed to hoped for his assassination, this of course brought in the Secret Service.

It seems they really don't like that kind of postings, there of course are IDIOTS in or near Glendora, California who have also posted simular content filled postings.

Either against the President or another person living in the community who asks for change, like President B. Obama..

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

StoneCold wrote:
Woman Fired for Racist Facebook Post About President Obama.
Her post seemed to hoped for his assassination, this of course brought in the Secret Service.
It seems they really don't like that kind of postings, there of course are IDIOTS in or near Glendora, California who have also posted simular content filled postings.
Either against the President or another person living in the community who asks for change, like President B. Obama..
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...
StoneCold

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

What loud-mouthed Republican tea party idiots will say;

Republican Grover Norquist had 279 members of Congress sign a personel pledge to him, promising no tax increases, especially for the rich.

Most Republicans think of me first, and American's future last!

The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

StoneCold wrote:
What loud-mouthed Republican tea party idiots will say;
Republican Grover Norquist had 279 members of Congress sign a personel pledge to him, promising no tax increases, especially for the rich.
Most Republicans think of me first, and American's future last!
The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
AwestGone

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Murphy declared victory early November 07, 2012 Wednesday morning and has held his lead ever since, even as thousands of absentee and provisional ballots were processed.

He issued a statement November 10, 2012 Saturday saying it was time to put the campaign behind.

He called his win a signal that voters were tired of the Allen West extremism represented.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

AwestGone wrote:
Murphy declared victory early November 07, 2012 Wednesday morning and has held his lead ever since, even as thousands of absentee and provisional ballots were processed.
He issued a statement November 10, 2012 Saturday saying it was time to put the campaign behind.
He called his win a signal that voters were tired of the Allen West extremism represented.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

The timing of Petraeus's resignation is very curious.

Reuters says Petraeus was scheduled to testify next week behind closed doors to the House and Senate intelligence committees about the Benghazi events, however he will now not give that testimony.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
Reuters says Petraeus was scheduled to testify next week behind closed doors to the House and Senate intelligence committees about the Benghazi events, however he will now not give that testimony.
So you think they should keep him on until ten and then fire his as$?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
How is his being forced to resign going to stop him from testifying?
Winston Smith

Union Bridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>How is his being forced to resign going to stop him from testifying?
His replacement will be brought in. Of course there will be cries of foul on the matter.
Pjohns a fool

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Cold Stone Creamery spent much of Thursday responding to angry tweets about the woman’s post.

“This employee is no longer w/the (sic) company & her disgraceful and completely unacceptable comments do not reflect our views,” one such tweet read.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
His replacement will be brought in. Of course there will be cries of foul on the matter.
Why wouldn't he testify himself? you do know what a subpoena is, don't you?
Winston Smith

Union Bridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet. That old 750 4 P.O.S. needed maintenance straight off the showroom floor circa 1978. Bet it needs crutches now!
Funny!
P.S. hope ya skin a knuckle you old grouch!
Wishing someone harm and tossing out insults. You angry, Mikey?

That ol' POS as you call it runs like a top. I purchased it new off the showroom floor in 1979 (yep, it is a '78, clearance sale of previous year models). I made some minor mods on it over the years, exhaust, ignition, & intake. As I've found NOS parts I'm bringing it back to stock. It has been a reliable bike.

I'm not working on it today, servicing three other bikes & two quads, engine (and transmission on two of 'em) oil changes, brake fluid change, coolant change. Just in ordering a few expendables for a quad right now. Sadly, I have not busted a nuckle today. Don't despair, I'm not finished working.

Just routine stuff - that is why that ol' POS 750 has been around so long. You'll be disappointed to know it took 1st place in a bike show, Japanese category, two years ago. I missed out on the show this year as they called it due to torrential downpours before I got signed in. I did enjoy a nice ride in the downpour though, nothing like riding in a good hard rain.

I've got a few other POS ol' bikes that have taken trophies as well.'76 R75/6 BMW with sidecar (1st in European),'75 RD350 (2nd in Japanese), and a '77 RD400 (3rd in Japanese - I swept the category). The two Yamahas are for sale. Wanna buy one? Not for the mechanically challenged as they're two strokes with points & need regular maintenance to stay in tune.

Hey, at least you got the 750 right this time. Weren't you the one that called it a Kawi several pages back?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>How is his being forced to resign going to stop him from testifying?
Even Diane Feinstein is suspicious.

She says Petraeus could still testify though.

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck... It's a coverup!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Diane Feinstein is suspicious.
She says Petraeus could still testify though.
If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck... It's a coverup!
How is it a coverup if he will still testify? you would, of course, still need to find something that they are covering up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 18 hr Tounge inside Pussie Hole 655
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Thu Randy 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at August 01 at 10:00PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••