C. Mikel Oglesby resigns as SunLine g...

C. Mikel Oglesby resigns as SunLine general manager

There are 3 comments on the The Desert Sun story from Jul 1, 2013, titled C. Mikel Oglesby resigns as SunLine general manager. In it, The Desert Sun reports that:

C. Mikel Oglesby has resigned as the general manager of SunLine Transit Agency, effective immediately.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Desert Sun.

David Smith

Beaumont, CA

#1 Jul 30, 2013
Although Mr. Oglesby did a lot of good for Sunline (hydrogen fuel technology comes to mind), he fostered a very political and retaliatory environment at the agency. He was a very power-hungry individual, out for his own monetary gain, at the expense of employees' salaries and morale. Over the course of my tenure at Sunline, I saw both a cut in employee salaries and no COLAs while Mr. Oglesby saw an increase in his salary. The retaliatory firings speak for themselves (he forced the Finance Manager to bow to his demands of corrupt wheeling and dealing, to which she would not comply; hence, her termination). This is the unfortunate truth about these types of agencies and the type of GMs they draw; Oglesby's predecessor, Cromwell, was another corrupt individual. I say good riddance with hopes of finding a new, honest, altruistic GM.
Another Former

Kannapolis, NC

#2 Jan 20, 2014
I couldn't agree more. Having worked directly for Mr. Oglesby, I can tell you that unless you completely bend to his will he will make your life a living hell. It doesn't really matter if you are doing your job, as long as you are kissing the place he sits on...
Non Disgruntled Employee

Indio, CA

#3 Mar 1, 2014
SunLine records show that Dan Smith was a disgruntled employee who was forced to leave the agency. He is throwing stones at Sr. Management because they exposed his behavior. Check the HR records. Most Sr. Manager's experience comments like this, thats part of being a CEO who has to terminate the sick lame and lazy cruzing in there jobs for years, and not contributing to organization. We say good riddance to Mr. Smith and the other disgruntled employees that post crap. Move on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teens protest legislation (Mar '06) Oct 3 unknown Chicano 196
Taggers: (Feb '06) Sep 29 Surrey 250
Arleen Cohen Bianchi " Rudest Realotr Ever!" No... Sep 24 UNREAL 2
News Letter: Lime green wall is awful (Feb '14) Sep 23 Yrusoir8 4
News Former Officer Dennis Decker Accused of Raping ... (Apr '08) Sep 12 its me daisy 22
FBI raids city hall today Sep '15 Chug chug 1
News Woman Pleads Not Guilty in Illegal Immigration ... Sep '15 tomin cali 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Springs Mortgages