Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting trial

A family walks by a wall of posters of Oscar Grant in Oakland, Calif., Friday, July 2, 2010. Full Story
Oh Doggies

Azusa, CA

#2519 Dec 16, 2013
Oh Doggies #2517
Jay

Pasadena, TX

#2520 Dec 16, 2013
Too much bad coming from one race. They need to straighten up their lives and quit jumping on the band wag trying to make these low-life every day thugs seem like heroes. They are thugs. Hear me? Pay attention to your young teens before they are next. If it is not the cops it will be another brother killing them. Mother, do you know where your kids are now? Do you know what kind of friends they keep? Seriously!
Homeless Help

Oakland, CA

#2521 Dec 16, 2013
Free shots on BART
Skidders

Azusa, CA

#2522 Dec 16, 2013
The lucky Skidder numbers are #2521

Looks like he LAPD are catching up with you in unjustified killings or public murder's of unarmed civilian's.
Bigdaddy

Oxnard, CA

#2523 Dec 17, 2013
Jay wrote:
Too much bad coming from one race. They need to straighten up their lives and quit jumping on the band wag trying to make these low-life every day thugs seem like heroes. They are thugs. Hear me? Pay attention to your young teens before they are next. If it is not the cops it will be another brother killing them. Mother, do you know where your kids are now? Do you know what kind of friends they keep? Seriously!
These blogs are for Americans. You post from the arm pit of the world texass. Your comments don't count.

Go drag some black people behind a truck!

Have your uncle george bush take pictures.
Skidders

Azusa, CA

#2524 Dec 17, 2013
The lucky Skidders numbers are #2523

Looks like he LAPD are catching up with you in unjustified killings or public murder's of unarmed civilian's.
Anonymous

Oakland, CA

#2533 Feb 11, 2014
I feel bad for the victim and his family but this was a accident. The group was acting like a bunch of asses made the officer nervous and unfortunately a life was taken. Maybe had they done as most law abiding citizens do and shut up and listen guy would still be alive. This is a ongoing theme in low income neighborhoods the police are the enemy not the knucklehead ghettofied folks who rob, deal drugs, and shoot people. This guy didn't deserve this. but why was he so obnoxious so obnoxious he got himself a dose of hot lead.
Anonymous

Oakland, CA

#2534 Feb 11, 2014
and "big daddy" your people are the problem. LOUD, uneducated, back stabbing, looking for other people to blame for your problems. And Oxnard. Lol. that's a real awesome town. lol.
Kooters

Sierra Madre, CA

#2536 Feb 11, 2014
Lookie here, Kooter has come back to visit.
Story times

Sierra Madre, CA

#2537 Feb 11, 2014
Just shoot and make up story.
Dave Winchester

San Francisco, CA

#2538 Feb 14, 2014
FREE SHOTS ON BART
Dona worry

Sierra Madre, CA

#2539 Feb 15, 2014
Don't worry they used the right gun this time and it was the stun un, over and over on the same person, at least they didn't blow his brains out in public.
Joyed

Sierra Madre, CA

#2542 Feb 24, 2014
Just in time to be over ran with joy.
Acorn

Sierra Madre, CA

#2544 Feb 24, 2014
How can this be, the stupid ill read and educated GOP, Republican's and Tea Party baggers said it wasn't so, and it wasn't going to happen?

Climate change is happening - fools.

Sop a great big, Fork You goes out to all the ignorant and ill informed.
Mission style

Sierra Madre, CA

#2546 Feb 25, 2014
That mission style is back in vogue
Mission style

Sierra Madre, CA

#2548 Feb 26, 2014
Yes folks the mission style is back in vogue, again.
woman in the desert

Bullhead City, AZ

#2549 Feb 28, 2014
Jay wrote:
Jay, I am a 57 year old "white" woman. I grew up in Hayward, the city that Oscar was from. I also attended school with his older family members. My daughter attended school with some of his family members, I am well educated, never belonged to the streets, and worked a good job, so that I could retire at 51. I also did disaster volunteer work with the Red Cross, volunteered with shelters for abused women and worked with rape victims. Not to mention, that when I was in Tennessee, I set up a project to raise the money and opened a shelter for battered women. I have written articles about vehicular accidents, worked with legislators in both the Assembly and Senate for the State of CA, and also worked with a very well known attorney in the same state. On top of that, I have trained with guns, and tasers, because my family owned a security business, so I can understand this case very well.

The point I am making is that Oscar was pinned, under control, and there was no reason that officer should have pulled a weapon on him. The mere fact that he was pulling any weapon at all, on a young man who was pinned in a face down prone position, his hands were behind his back (I have been told, that he had already been cuffed, and the videos look as if that it correct.), and the station was full of people celebrating, tells me that the officer was wrong. What if that bullet had hit somebody else, instead of Oscar?

Whether I agree with the verdict or not, I have to respect it as part of the system, but in this case, the system appears to have failed us. You know the jury gave more credence to the officers than they gave to the other witnesses.
woman in the desert

Bullhead City, AZ

#2550 Feb 28, 2014
RBletch4 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was on his back because they had to fight him to get him on the ground. He was belligerent and violent. That's why the cop had his hand in the area of the weapon. You are the fool, never would have happened if Grant hadn't escalated the situation.
You have your facts wrong. The videos are all over the internet, and the coroners report confirm that Oscar Grant was face down in a prone position, and pinned with an officer's knee on his head, and the officer that shot him had his knee in Oscars back, until he stood up, and shot him in the back.

If you are going to call people fools, it would be wise to check and double check your facts, before you spew out misinformation.
Naxix

Sierra Madre, CA

#2551 Feb 28, 2014
You need to know the right weapon,before you pull the trigger,GUILTY! Can't wait to see what they say, cover up!
Cindy R

Jersey City, NJ

#2554 Mar 1, 2014
Let's pray for all the families involved....

https://www.facebook.com/Finalthemovie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 31 min An NFL Fan 44
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 9 hr nick 710
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 17 hr Mac 128
child molester at large in dhs Oct 22 tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs