Small monkey rescued during drug bust

Aug 4, 2013 Full story: WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg 9

Sheriff's deputies discovered the monkey - a 2-year-old female named Penny - during an investigation at a house in the 31600 block of Christy Way at about 6:30 p.m. Friday.

Full Story

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 4, 2013
He got monkey finger
He shoot Coca Cola
He say I know you, you know me
One thing I can tell you is
You got to be free

.. in 3 to 5 years.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Since: Apr 10

USA

#2 Aug 4, 2013
I guess that saying is true when you use drugs...

I got a monkey on my back..:)

Or I should say had a monkey...

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 4, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
I guess that saying is true when you use drugs...
I got a monkey on my back..:)
Or I should say had a monkey...
Reality is for people who can't handle drugs. I was lucky growing up. Drugs had not hit the culture yet. I was in the Navy when drugs and Hippies and love in hit. What a terrible shame and what a disgrace that movies and music made it seem cool to take drugs

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#4 Aug 4, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Reality is for people who can't handle drugs. I was lucky growing up. Drugs had not hit the culture yet. I was in the Navy when drugs and Hippies and love in hit. What a terrible shame and what a disgrace that movies and music made it seem cool to take drugs
I've seen it destroy many, one of my 5 brothes was addicted for 17 yrs...It's a terrible and helpless thing to watch..

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5 Aug 4, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen it destroy many, one of my 5 brothes was addicted for 17 yrs...It's a terrible and helpless thing to watch..
I can't understand why any one starts taking that poison. Damn shame:(

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#6 Aug 4, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I can't understand why any one starts taking that poison. Damn shame:(
I'm not going to lie here Denny I've experimented myself in the past but it never became a habit. For him he was in high school, hanging with ones who used and thats how it started for him.
He's been clean for over 5 yrs now but damn it took 6 months in jail where he detoxed and 2 rehabs to get him clean and sober.

Everytime I talk to him on the phone or go to Ky to visit him I still look for all the red flags, I think I always will.

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#7 Aug 4, 2013

Have seen monkeys while I was all doped up.but they were gone whenever I woke up or sobered up.

I agree with Denny & Cowgirl in above statements. Even with 19yrs sober, I still have many reminders of my past. More dead or wasted friends & family than seem plausible in print.
Denny I was a full time user,abuser In the Navy,made a lot more hustling than they paid me too.
Their sensationalizing & promoting alcohol use/abuse probably didn't help my patterns either lol
I hope anyone having issues or their family dealing with them seeks the best help they can find. Rick
toobad

Du Quoin, IL

#8 Aug 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Reality is for people who can't handle drugs. I was lucky growing up. Drugs had not hit the culture yet. I was in the Navy when drugs and Hippies and love in hit. What a terrible shame and what a disgrace that movies and music made it seem cool to take drugs
Get over yourself!! Movies did not make people do drugs. You must live in a bubble......or Navy submarine.
pastor Lee McFarland

Tempe, AZ

#9 Aug 5, 2013
I wish I could rescue a monkey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 7 min Octopus 41
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 1 hr nick 710
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 9 hr Mac 128
child molester at large in dhs Oct 22 tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs