Most serious crime down in Easton

Most serious crime down in Easton

There are 28 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 19, 2008, titled Most serious crime down in Easton. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Although overall crime in Easton decreased by 4.4 percent last year, the number of some serious offenses -- homicides, robbery and simple assault -- rose by 20 percent in the same time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Gilbertsville, PA

#22 Jan 21, 2008
It is called beat patrols, why is everyone in city government so opposed to them. Every rookie should be required two years as a beat cop. This will reconnect residents and the police dept
David

Northampton, PA

#23 Jan 21, 2008
Easton is more dangerous than ever. Face it.
SSR

Northampton, PA

#24 Jan 21, 2008
Simply ask the residents of Easton if they feel safer this year than last. The answer would be an emphatic NO. Who knows better after all? Trying to convince the residents that crime is down in Easton is a tough sell. That's because it's not true. The new underground criminal, gang element conducts its business in silence most of the time. This activity will never be reported. When an area has an increasing gang problem, it has an increasing crime problem. Let's not play dumb here.
time is ticking

Easton, PA

#25 Jan 22, 2008
The numbers game can be played by anyone in charge of the numbers. As a life long second generation West Ward resident have made up my mind if I see no changes in quality of life issues in my neighborhood by this summers end, I will sell my home and move out of Easton just like all of our long time neighbors did the past few years. They grew tired of the fighting the low life's that moved into our neighborhood and destroyed every aspect of normal everyday life. they grew tired of calling the police, the dog agent, codes dept. to have them do little in the way of help. the drinking party's, the traffic, the boom box cars. the litter, the foul language , the drug sales in the open. The vandleism. the break In's. The stray gun shots, and the murders and muggings
time is ticking

Easton, PA

#26 Jan 22, 2008
continued from last post: have taken the toll on everyone in the West Ward. Our Mayor, City Council, Police, and City workers all need to support the West Ward residents 110% in bring back the quality of life in the West Ward.
knowledge is power

Bethlehem, PA

#27 Jan 23, 2008
Get your facts straight
Misbiz

AOL

#28 Jan 23, 2008
Billy Givens wrote:
By "thread" you mean, "Sit down and shut up," and leave it to our elected and appointed officials like Easton Mayor Sal Panto Jr. and the city's Police Chief Larry Palmer and his Caaptains David Ryan and Michael Vangelo to frame the issues of grave importance to the health and welfare of the community.
NO, perhaps I should put it words that a simpleton like you can understand. What the hell does Williams Township have to do with anything that anybody but you is talking about here??? There, is that plain enough for you to handle?
corinna

Prospect Park, PA

#29 Oct 27, 2009
Easton is crime ridden wrote:
Mr Ryan, your dismissal of the Guardian Angels concerns me. I think the residents have a say on how they want to handle their neighbor hoods. The last I checked we are not under a state of emergency and PA is not a police state. Law abiding citizens have a right to look after their own streets the police are not absolute authority's. They are paid for by the tax payer's and as such work for them not the other way around. The Easton Police Dept. can not handle the job, and you should welcome the help of citizen groups. The streets belong to the people not the police.
I agree with you on that one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lehigh Valley area church events: In Your Congr... (Jun '17) Sep '17 weapon X 33
News Bucks DA: Cosmo DiNardo, person of interest in ... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Derps Die Young 5
News Cosmo DiNardo, Center of Bucks Probe and Real E... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Anthony Bourdain 1
News No human remains but evidence found in search f... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Anthony Bourdain 1
Main Street/Route 29/Gravel Pike Red HIll, P... (Apr '17) Apr '17 johan 2
News Dispatcher sues state police over alleged rape (Mar '17) Mar '17 Kracket 1
News Busch Gardens' original burgermeister, Robert B... (Nov '09) Oct '16 Daniel Regan 4

Palm Jobs

Personal Finance

Palm Mortgages