State Trooper Joshua Miller Funeral: Roads to funeral location ...

There are 20 comments on the Jun 12, 2009, The Morning Call story titled State Trooper Joshua Miller Funeral: Roads to funeral location .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The two-lane road to the funeral site for a fallen state trooper in northeastern Pennsylvania is jammed with traffic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#1 Jun 12, 2009
This is really so sad. My condolences to the family & friends.
USSA

Scranton, PA

#2 Jun 12, 2009
Our world is being destroyed by thugs and politicians. What a tragic and senseless death.
Kramer

Mcallen, TX

#3 Jun 12, 2009
God Bless the family of Joshua Miller. He is a true hero. There is no higher sacrifice than to lay down your life for another. My thoughts and my prayers are with the family. Their grief is most certainly beyond my realm of reference.
Mack

Trenton, NJ

#4 Jun 12, 2009
God Speed Brother....
amazing

Wilmington, DE

#5 Jun 12, 2009
This morning there was a long, long line of police cars with lights flashing heading on the PA turnpike to the funeral. It was so sad and very moving that all were headed to pay their respects.
LV Resident

Quakertown, PA

#6 Jun 12, 2009
They should charge her with Trpr Miller's death. If she had not provided the gun, Trpr Miller may still be here!!!
Got to wonder why

Whitehall, PA

#7 Jun 12, 2009
I am wondering something. Why did the police have to rush the car the way they did? Understanding I was not there to see what went on but I have to ask what would it have hurt to have just stayed back and waited for the man to calm down? It seems that they had him contained and stopped from going anywhere. I don't know how many fathers would have shot their own child and I understand that the boy was in the back seat. What would it have hurt to pause for a minute or two. Not to sound bad her but what would be the worst that could happen? You could end up with the father killing his son and the police killing him. You would still have two people dead. The man was crazy at the time and he had just been spun out by the police after driving crazy for 40 minutes and you have police running at you with guns. I don't see how it could have worked out any differently than it did given the state of mind of the driver. I feel in my heart that things would have been different if they had not rushed the car. I am so sorry for the officer and his family. He was certainly a brave man to have done what he and the other trooper did. I really hate to see his children loose their dad when it may not have had to happen. I am praying for the troopers and their families as well as for the poor 9 year old boy.
Matty

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 12, 2009
Got to wonder why wrote:
I am wondering something. Why did the police have to rush the car the way they did? Understanding I was not there to see what went on but I have to ask what would it have hurt to have just stayed back and waited for the man to calm down? It seems that they had him contained and stopped from going anywhere. I don't know how many fathers would have shot their own child and I understand that the boy was in the back seat. What would it have hurt to pause for a minute or two. Not to sound bad her but what would be the worst that could happen? You could end up with the father killing his son and the police killing him. You would still have two people dead. The man was crazy at the time and he had just been spun out by the police after driving crazy for 40 minutes and you have police running at you with guns. I don't see how it could have worked out any differently than it did given the state of mind of the driver. I feel in my heart that things would have been different if they had not rushed the car. I am so sorry for the officer and his family. He was certainly a brave man to have done what he and the other trooper did. I really hate to see his children loose their dad when it may not have had to happen. I am praying for the troopers and their families as well as for the poor 9 year old boy.
And then, while they're waiting a minute or two, when he puts the gun to his kid's head, pulls the trigger, then does the same to himself, you'd wonder why they didn't act sooner.

Gotta love the armchair quarterbacks.
Duh

Harrisburg, PA

#9 Jun 12, 2009
Hey Matty-guess you are the armchair quarterback now, huh?
Got to wonder why is right-sadly, no one knows what anyone will do under pressure, but the police situation just escalated the situation. Hope the boys mom does not mind sitting up with her son every night while he has nightmares of his dad being shot 8 times by the police and killed right in front of him.

“"Mister, we ARE the weirdos."”

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, Pa

#10 Jun 12, 2009
God bless him and his family...
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#11 Jun 12, 2009
Duh wrote:
Got to wonder why is right-sadly, no one knows what anyone will do under pressure, but the police situation just escalated the situation. Hope the boys mom does not mind sitting up with her son every night while he has nightmares of his dad being shot 8 times by the police and killed right in front of him.
And if the police HAD backed off and the man ended up killing his child, you can bet the rent that everyone would be crying, "why didn't the police DO anything?"
Rest in peace, Trooper Miller; my sympathies and prayers are with you, your family and friends, and coworkers.
Sober Dude

Allentown, PA

#12 Jun 12, 2009
Pachacutec wrote:
<quoted text> And if the police HAD backed off and the man ended up killing his child, you can bet the rent that everyone would be crying, "why didn't the police DO anything?"
Rest in peace, Trooper Miller; my sympathies and prayers are with you, your family and friends, and coworkers.
It was a no-win situation.

Go with God brother.
Matty

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jun 12, 2009
Duh wrote:
An armchair quarterback is one that sits on the sidelines, having never done the job they criticize, but knowing that THEY would have done it differently.

I don't see how you coud extrapolate that from my post I would have done it differently. They were in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. The idiots on here will always find fault in anything the police do because I'm sure they've all been there and have the t-shirt to prove it.

RIP brother Miller.
redneck

Hellertown, PA

#14 Jun 12, 2009
who cares
redneck

Hellertown, PA

#15 Jun 12, 2009
hope it rains all day
USSA

Scranton, PA

#16 Jun 12, 2009
Valid comment; most likely this officer incarcerated most of your deadbeat family so your perspective is understood and appreciated. Hey is that someone over there that needs a slurpee? I guess it's time for you to get back to work.
redneck wrote:
who cares
FACT

Allentown, PA

#17 Jun 12, 2009
Got to wonder why wrote:
BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, IF THE POLICE DID NOT DO ANYTHING AND THE KID WAS HARMED, WOULD BE THE FIRST PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT THE COPS SHOULD OF DID SOMETHING.

TROOPER MILLER and the other officers did there jobs with honor and did what we the taxpayers pay them for. And for that Trooper Miller gave his life and another trooper lay wounded.

STOP THE MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACKING. THEY DID THERE JOBS!!!
Anne

Allentown, PA

#18 Jun 12, 2009
Wondering if there is a trust fund being set up and where the donations are to be sent. This man put his life on the line to ensure all our children are safe. We are safe because of wonderful men like this.
Kramer

Mcallen, TX

#19 Jun 12, 2009
Anne wrote:
Wondering if there is a trust fund being set up and where the donations are to be sent. This man put his life on the line to ensure all our children are safe. We are safe because of wonderful men like this.
ABSOLUTELY !!! Please post any link if you can. Thank You.
expectations

AOL

#21 Jun 12, 2009
Donation info for the Miller
family. It was posted on another site.

Regardless of your personal feelings about the police or this situation please don't dishonor this fine Trooper's memory or his family by using this info for any reason other than legitimate donations.

P & G Federal Credit Union
51 Warren Street
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Attn: Paula Shoemaker

Rest In Peace Brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A wilting Pennsylvania Dutch tradition: ham and... Mar 28 Fannie Pak 1
News Police: Doylestown jeweler bilked others (Apr '08) Feb '15 Tracey Hastings Ward 4
309 in Bucks County (Feb '14) Feb '15 PennDotSux 2
Inconsiderate Neighbors (Aug '14) Feb '15 GOC 2
News Manhunt Underway for Suspect in Pennsylvania Sh... Dec '14 Ho J Simpson 7
News 10 Things to Know for Tuesday Dec '14 Bring Back Beady 1
Bradley William Stone Dec '14 shame on him 1
More from around the web

Palm People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]