Police search for 'wild' animal

Police search for 'wild' animal

There are 98 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 8, 2008, titled Police search for 'wild' animal. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Police are investigating reports that a coyote or wolf may have gotten inside the Sears Appliance & Hardware store in Palmer Township .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
momofasenior

Whitehall, PA

#96 Dec 8, 2008
If they would stop building all of these mansions for the commuters from NJ and NYC, there would be enough greenspace for these animals to live and hunt for thier food. But we need more wawas, turkey hills and strip malls too. The wildlife was here first. That poor animal looks terrified. I hope they took him or her, somewhere and let it go.
momofasenior

Whitehall, PA

#97 Dec 8, 2008
Wil wrote:
Drop the coyote in Allentown to keep the brothers off the streets.
coyote wouldn't have a chance against the likes of what walks the streets of Allentown.
momofasenior

Whitehall, PA

#98 Dec 8, 2008
laid off from victaulic wrote:
Theres been coyotes around here all the time.Since more turkeys have made their way back into the area theres been more and more coyotes.There was a den i was watching in east allen twsp but the male had mainge so the all probably died
There is a huge flock of hen turkeys that can be seen every year right by Essroc. They appear in spring, then once the corn is planted, they dissapear, then return when it's harvested. I can see where this would drwa coyotes. Like everything else the wildlife is being driven to the city. there is just no more space for them
amanda

Philadelphia, PA

#99 Dec 8, 2008
I cannot believe how many posts there are on here with people arguing over the location of the Sears. Too funny!
wizard5by5

Bath, PA

#101 Dec 8, 2008
He came down to watch The Day The Earth Stood Still, he hoping all the people will be gone soon. He can have peace again catching rabbits and that roadrunner.
theone

Bangor, PA

#102 Dec 9, 2008
chupacabra
WTF

United States

#103 Dec 9, 2008
Toothless Grinner wrote:
<quoted text>Actually with a population of coyotes in your area, it's unlikely you will find any outdoor cats at all. Cats are one of the coyotes favorite foods! They taste just like chicken to them!!!
Cool - Maybe animal control will let me borrow him after they are done observing him. I've got quite a few irresponsible neighbors in Hellertown that consistently let their cats roam the neighborhood. I get tired of cleaning up their sh!t in my yard, and smelling cat p!ss in my carport. Not to mention the numerous carcasses of squirrels and birds I've needed to clean up.
Dr Porkchopian

Allentown, PA

#104 Dec 9, 2008
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool - Maybe animal control will let me borrow him after they are done observing him. I've got quite a few irresponsible neighbors in Hellertown that consistently let their cats roam the neighborhood. I get tired of cleaning up their sh!t in my yard, and smelling cat p!ss in my carport. Not to mention the numerous carcasses of squirrels and birds I've needed to clean up.
Dr Porkchopian can attest to the fact that coyotes search out and love to consume cats. My farm estate once was the home to many cats (14+ and none of them ours). In less than a year after the coyotes / coydogs moved in, we were down to 3 cats. Those 3 seldom ventured far from the protection of an outbuilding. My birdfeeders are now once again safe and the birds are slowly returning. The canines are still in the area, however we see less of them...but we still hear their yipping and howling, nightly. As for the remaining cats...their day will come when they venture too far.
Dr Porkchopian

Allentown, PA

#105 Dec 9, 2008
Oh, and the Toothless Grinner is correct, the Sears store they wrote about is in Lower Nazareth Township.
BlahBlahBlah

Kansas City, MO

#106 Dec 9, 2008
Toothless Grinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry BBB, you're wrong. The store is located in Lower Nazareth Township, the development behind it is in Palmer, not Forks. Hollow Road is the divider for LNT and Palmer and the line runs south mid way between Van Buren Road and Rt 248 (Easton Nazareth Hwy). Forks Township is on the east side of the Bushkill. CRPD has jurisdiction in LNT, Palmer Police in their Twp. You stand corrected.
I don't mind being corrected if it is true. I doubt you're sorry, though.

Why the Easton address and Zip why not Nazareth's?
that doesn't quite jibe.

Since: Oct 08

Broadway, NJ

#107 Dec 9, 2008
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind being corrected if it is true. I doubt you're sorry, though.
Why the Easton address and Zip why not Nazareth's?
that doesn't quite jibe.
Why get your panties in a bunch over an address? Just to put it into perspective...I live past the Parkland high school...yet my mailing address is Allentown with a zip code of 18104, explain that one...
momofasenior

Whitehall, PA

#108 Dec 9, 2008
I have a freind who lives in East Allen, pays her taxes to Northampton school district, her address is bethlehem, and she has a bath phone number!!!!! love those zoning laws! and seriously, anyone know the outcome of the coyotes fate? didn't see anything in the paper.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Since: Jul 07

Zionhill, PA

#109 Dec 9, 2008
momofasenior wrote:
I have a freind who lives in East Allen, pays her taxes to Northampton school district, her address is bethlehem, and she has a bath phone number!!!!! love those zoning laws! and seriously, anyone know the outcome of the coyotes fate? didn't see anything in the paper.
I think it's going to be hush, hush.
BlahBlahBlah

Kansas City, MO

#110 Dec 9, 2008
Absurd wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get your panties in a bunch over an address? Just to put it into perspective...I live past the Parkland high school...yet my mailing address is Allentown with a zip code of 18104, explain that one...
Who has their "panties in a bunch" -(you, perhaps?).
I simply pointed out why the MCall would think it is palmer and then
I asked a question, a rhetorical question at that.

So, why ask me to explain what I was questioning?(also rhetorical)

“Matthew 5:10”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown

#111 Dec 9, 2008
There is an updated story now - Our friend Wiley has gone on to meet his maker. They euthanized him because they felt it was too risky to release him.
I agree it is very unusual that a normally shy animal would just walk right into a busy place and lay down. I think he may have been sick.:(
Sherlock

Allentown, PA

#112 Dec 9, 2008
Absurd wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in southwhitehall tws Dumbass. There is no mailing address for Southwhitehall PA.
Reader

Silver Spring, MD

#114 Dec 12, 2008
Sherlock wrote:
<quoted text>You live in southwhitehall tws Dumbass. There is no mailing address for Southwhitehall PA.
Absurd was just making a point that even though your mailing address may say one thing, that doesn't mean that you live in that city.
Lower Nazareth has addresses with three mailing addresses: Bethlehem, Nazareth,and Easton. The southern part has Bethlehem, the northern part has Nazareth, and the eastern part (east of Rt 33) has Easton addresses. It's not all that uncommon.
BlahBlahBlah

Catasauqua, PA

#115 Dec 14, 2008
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Absurd was just making a point that even though your mailing address may say one thing, that doesn't mean that you live in that city.
Lower Nazareth has addresses with three mailing addresses: Bethlehem, Nazareth,and Easton. The southern part has Bethlehem, the northern part has Nazareth, and the eastern part (east of Rt 33) has Easton addresses. It's not all that uncommon.
Maybe, but I understand why Reader wrote that. Absurd was jerky about it. That invites people to talk to you like you're a jerk.
I was just trying to explain why the newspaper thought it was Palmer in my post but that didn't stop Absurd from being absurd.
And when people say they're sorry when they correct you- they rarely ever are. They're usually thrilled to do so- especially from behind their all-powerful keyboards. Kinda funny, really.
But you explained it like a civilized person would- thank-you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Busch Gardens' original burgermeister, Robert B... (Nov '09) Oct '16 Daniel Regan 4
News Montco babysitter gets jail time for pulling te... Sep '16 AAD 1
News Two charged in Quakertown burglary (Jun '12) Sep '16 HaterzgonnaHATE 5
News Police, fire and courts: Man charged with seeki... (Aug '08) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 32
News A wilting Pennsylvania Dutch tradition: ham and... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fannie Pak 1
News Police: Doylestown jeweler bilked others (Apr '08) Feb '15 Tracey Hastings Ward 4
309 in Bucks County (Feb '14) Feb '15 PennDotSux 2

Palm Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Mortgages