Arnold Palmer airport emergency site ...

Arnold Palmer airport emergency site gets $900K in aid

There are 9 comments on the Connellsville and Fayette County News story from Sep 15, 2010, titled Arnold Palmer airport emergency site gets $900K in aid. In it, Connellsville and Fayette County News reports that:

The Westmoreland County Airport Authority announced Tuesday it will receive a $900,000 grant from the Department of Homeland Security for an emergency operations center at Arnold Palmer Regional Airport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connellsville and Fayette County News.

george t

Meadow Lands, PA

#1 Oct 7, 2010
whats this for? so they can have more Israelis spy on us ?
FED

Palm Bay, FL

#2 Oct 7, 2010
Murtha's final gift.
george t

Meadow Lands, PA

#3 Oct 7, 2010
the former head of pa homeland sec is in hiding, fast eddie threw psp under the bus! research the story and contact your local rep. demand answers.

5th Ward Resident

“Won't you touch my sweater”

Since: Sep 10

Latrobe, PA

#4 Oct 7, 2010
I guess you guys don't know but when the big international conference was held in Pittsburgh,(last year, right?), many of the world leaders were flown into Latrobe airport and taken by caravan along Route 982 north, to Route 22, then into Pittsburgh.

I was fortunate enough to witness this, and was quite amazed at the level of state police protection, "unmarked" police,(still visible in the cars and trucks, etc), and rather interesting vehicles used to transport the leaders.

Sure there were high-end black SUVs with tinted windows, but the caravans were probably 1/2 mile long, with state police roving both sides of the roads, at all times...

It was a sight to behold!
FED

Palm Bay, FL

#5 Oct 7, 2010
$900K from the Federal Government
$112.5K from State of PA
$112.5K ultimately from local taxpayers
george t

Meadow Lands, PA

#6 Oct 7, 2010
g20? new world order.

5th Ward Resident

“Won't you touch my sweater”

Since: Sep 10

Latrobe, PA

#7 Oct 7, 2010
FED wrote:
$900K from the Federal Government
$112.5K from State of PA
$112.5K ultimately from local taxpayers
Sometimes, airports under certain income levels get government grants just to stay open: clearly, Latrobe is part of this group.

$1,100,000, is not a lot of money. It's infrastructure to support. For some reason, this doesn't bother me as much as some spending.
FED

Palm Bay, FL

#8 Oct 7, 2010
5th Ward Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, airports under certain income levels get government grants just to stay open: clearly, Latrobe is part of this group.
$1,100,000, is not a lot of money. It's infrastructure to support. For some reason, this doesn't bother me as much as some spending.
Doesn't bother me, I see larger funding grants going for worse. I do hope people recognize that Rep Murtha guided this before his death. The man did bring money to his constituants every year.
FED

Palm Bay, FL

#9 Oct 7, 2010
http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/48755284-h...
This is why I love working in DC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bucks DA: Cosmo DiNardo, person of interest in ... Jul '17 Derps Die Young 5
News Cosmo DiNardo, Center of Bucks Probe and Real E... Jul '17 Anthony Bourdain 1
News No human remains but evidence found in search f... Jul '17 Anthony Bourdain 1
News Lehigh Valley area church events: In Your Congr... Jul '17 weaponX 29
Main Street/Route 29/Gravel Pike Red HIll, P... Apr '17 johan 2
News Dispatcher sues state police over alleged rape Mar '17 Kracket 1
News Busch Gardens' original burgermeister, Robert B... (Nov '09) Oct '16 Daniel Regan 4

Palm Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Mortgages