Palmer center to tap solar power

Palmer center to tap solar power

There are 5 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Palmer center to tap solar power. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A 9-foot monument to the sun may soon sprout outside the Palmer Township community center, the future home of a green energy project expected to supply a small amount of the building's electricity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Sellersville, PA

#1 Jan 7, 2009
It is so good to see people onboard with solar power in troubled times. A lot of folks have stopped carring since the fuel costs have dropped. Hopefully we will see it happen in more places.

Skippack, PA

#2 Jan 7, 2009
If every house and building had solar panels in the Lehigh valley, we can put PPL out of business. Lol!

Skippack, PA

#3 Jan 7, 2009
I'm all for solar power to run my home or car. I just wish it was readily available to customers at an affordable price.
57 states

Hellertown, PA

#4 Jan 7, 2009
Moon worshippers will be demanding a 9' monument shortly.
Typical government move - waste money on a monument rather than putting the money into panels.

Skippack, PA

#5 Jan 7, 2009
A real monument to sun would be utilizing the sun's rays with many solor panels to completely run all or most of the centers electricity needs.

The 9' monument to sun illustrates nothing green but wasted tax payers money. Just my two cents...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lehigh Valley area church events: In Your Congr... (Jun '17) Sep '17 weapon X 33
News Bucks DA: Cosmo DiNardo, person of interest in ... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Derps Die Young 5
News Cosmo DiNardo, Center of Bucks Probe and Real E... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Anthony Bourdain 1
News No human remains but evidence found in search f... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Anthony Bourdain 1
Main Street/Route 29/Gravel Pike Red HIll, P... (Apr '17) Apr '17 johan 2
News Dispatcher sues state police over alleged rape (Mar '17) Mar '17 Kracket 1
News Busch Gardens' original burgermeister, Robert B... (Nov '09) Oct '16 Daniel Regan 4

Palm Jobs

Personal Finance

Palm Mortgages