Mold forcing residents out of apartment

Mold forcing residents out of apartment

There are 10 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Jan 30, 2008, titled Mold forcing residents out of apartment. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Matthew Pinkerton is a single dad with two teenage daughters. So when he discovered mold growing in the walls between he and his neighbor's apartment there was immediate concern.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

Concern Citizen

Madison, AL

#1 Jan 31, 2008
The manager of that property sucks, she so worry about her job she'll do anything to get the problem tenants out. What she should have done is moved them into another apartment, and if the tenant didn't want to move let him know when his lease is up he can move or before it is up. Everyone thinks that when you remove mold from on area it's not any where else, but it is. For the family that is moving out you are doing the right thing. The owner is worrying about a law suit coming along.
Be safe and healthy you and your daughters.
Neighbor

Miami, FL

#2 Jan 31, 2008
That guy is sue-happy and a deadbeat. He spends more time sitting around smoking and trying to finagle his way around making money than he would if he just got a real job! Also---as far as that crap scene of him helping his daughters with their homework—that man has never seen the inside of their notes books!(Or any book for that matter) He’s an alcoholic druggy loser who is making a scene because he’s a terrible resident who is getting kicked out! I’ve talked to several neighbors and we’re all glad to be rid of that trash.
BS Story

Miami, FL

#3 Jan 31, 2008
Shame on you Beau Zimmer for not getting your facts straight prior to running a story. You call yourself a journalist? Thank God for Bay News 9!
CurrentAIMCOresi dent

Tampa, FL

#5 Jan 31, 2008
I am not a resident of the property in question, but there are similiar issues in my apartment on another of their properties. I am NOT a deadbeat, drug user and have been a very good, LONG TERM (more than 9 yrs) tenant. Contacting corporate by phone and e-mail has not initiated any response; talking to on-site manager has not prompted any action; contacting Resident Relations has only gotten automated e-mail responses telling me my opinion is important and I will receive a response as soon as possible. The last one of those was almost a month ago. Something needs to be done especially with the large amount of rent being paid by all the residents of the complex where I reside and I'm sure at the other AIMCO properties.
TwinLakesResiden t

Tampa, FL

#6 Feb 1, 2008
I live there. I can say that Maintenance is trying to do the best they can with what they're NOT allowed to have. However, getting the management (which seems to change every time I go in there) to do anything is an act of Deity. But Deity forbid you're one day late on the rent, and they're right in there with a legal notice. As for the mold, they could have forgone landscaping the office and redoing the pool and gotten professionals in there to take care of all this.
Beau Zimmer

Clearwater, FL

#7 Feb 5, 2008
BS Story wrote:
Shame on you Beau Zimmer for not getting your facts straight prior to running a story. You call yourself a journalist? Thank God for Bay News 9!
Let me know of any specific problems or errors you find in my story. As far as I know, everything is correct.

[email protected]
Twin Lakes Tenant 613

Port Richey, FL

#8 Feb 10, 2008
I am a tenant of twin lakes and this man is a scam artist, alcoholic, drug addict, loser, who shot the girls mother (still alive) back in Indiana. Numerous neighbors have been told by his very own daughters that they were moving out more then 3 months ago and would not be renewing their lease. His one daughter is a thief and steals from within peoples apartments and off their patios. He has threatened numerous neighbors and their apartment is always filthy (I am sure not for the inspectors or reporter though). I am not stating there are no issues here at twin lakes but they truly are doing their best to accomodate all of the tenants. Maintenance here is better than I have ever seen in my whole time renting anywhere.
Perhaps people should learn when to dig deeper into a situation before simply reporting someone acting like the father of the year who is so genuinely concerned about his daughters which he is NOT, he is concerned with getting MONEY and that is it!
Twin Lakes Tenant 2

Port Richey, FL

#10 Mar 18, 2008
I have just recently moved into the twin lakes area. I have also noticed that items have come up missing from other tenants patios and have personally witnessed one of the Pinkerton girls taking items from various neighbors patios. She has been seen destroying twin lakes property. If she is seen one more time the proper authorities will be contacted. Matthew Pinkerton is no father of the year and his young daughters constantly are running around unsupervised on the property. This man is definitely a scam artist and is just trying to get quick cash.
old friend of wife

Cambridge, MA

#11 Sep 27, 2008
Yes, he shot her. It was ruled an accident. She was the breadwinner in the house, so she was out working while Matt "took care of the girls." The divorce was in Wyoming. The judge gave custody of the girls to Matt, since he was the primary caregiver and mother was so distressed by his laziness and abuse that mother presented to the court as not being able to provide a stable environment. Those girls belong with their loving and hard working mother. Yes, Matt never worked that I know of, used his wife terribly and left after they blew through her trust fund, and he loved to sue. It is so distressing for me to read this. I often wondered what happened to him and the girls. Now I know. A simple google search and I arrived here. So very tragic.
One who knows

Tampa, FL

#12 Sep 7, 2010
I've read all of your posts and I agree with you all saying what you did about him being a sue-happy schmuck! He IS!! I call the one daughter sticky-finger scheister because she steals so much! ANd right to her face I might add that i tell her that! I actually feel sorry for those girls because they have no true guidance by any authority figure. He would make my blood literally BOIL! He is a CRACK-HEAD who wouldn't do anyhting with the money he received from the mom but buy more crack when these girls needed beds! My mom ended up giving them both air mattresses and then his other ex gave them her old beds! He uses all of his girlfriends and friends and his parents to provide for them and him. THeir friends' parents pay for them to go out because he's too busy trying to find weed or crack to spend his money on. Not only that but when his kids walk their neighbor's dog he takes that money so HE can buy himself cigarettes! It's a miracle that these girls are actually doing really well in school seeing as he does nothing but yell and scream obscenities at them when they don't do something like clean the house. I've personally seen him slap the crap out of both of them because they stood up to him and talked back the way he talks to them. I tried to stay for them but I just really couldn't stand him so I had to go!! I pray for those two a lot. He surfs the web for new girls to trick into coming and being an instant mommy and then they figure it out and leave too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Urban Survival Gear LLC Launches Based On Lates... Aug 28 David 1
Areas to avoid in Clearwater (Jul '10) Aug 28 Mike 69
Review: Clearwater Bankruptcy Aug 27 Lourdes456 1
Review: 10 Minute Locksmith (Oct '14) Aug 24 Raylin Sutter 4
News Why Does John Travolta Live in Ocala, Fla.? (Jan '09) Aug 23 Ricky 66
Fishing for Big Tarpon in North Florida Aug 22 cc project 1
Motorcycle rentals Aug 18 learning from the... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Harbor Mortgages