Financial advisers raise questions ab...

Financial advisers raise questions about U.S. Sugar deal

There are 4 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 18, 2008, titled Financial advisers raise questions about U.S. Sugar deal. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The state's bid to buy out U.S. Sugar Corp. and make way for Everglades restoration was $400 million too high from the start, according to the findings of outside financial advisers released Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Joe Average

Miami, FL

#1 Nov 19, 2008
The state doesn't care what they pay in the end. After all, it's not coming out of their pockets, it's coming out of the taxpayers pockets. What a deal!
pie

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Nov 19, 2008
Or you could save taxpayer money and force US sugar and all other companies in agriculture to use ecological safe fertilizer and insecticide or none at all!!!!!!

Ridiculous the scams all politicans are playing with business... the taxpayer is the lamb brought to slaughter!
Great Idea

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Nov 19, 2008
does it sounds like a bailout?
Toby

Hobe Sound, FL

#4 Jun 1, 2009
Let's wait on this land purchase until after "popular" Charlie Crist's failed senatorial bid next year. Property values throughout Florida should be even lower by then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clearwater men charged with racketeering 9 hr PMawyer 1
Has anyone lived at Savannah Cove apartments, T... (Aug '07) Apr 21 Jazzybear_01 39
Onyums (Nov '14) Apr 20 Anonymous 81
justin fluty beware ladies Apr 19 FUCKIt 1
News In downtown Clearwater, Scientology's bid for a... Apr 8 Just me 3
Denise Vinson Apr 8 Curious 1
Child Support Evasion (Dec '11) Mar 30 BetterOff 9

Palm Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Harbor Mortgages