Adventure Boot Camp for Women - Hum...

Adventure Boot Camp for Women - Hummer almost killed me today

Posted in the Palm Harbor Forum

safe driver

Tampa, FL

#1 Mar 22, 2011
To the person driving the Hummer emblazoned with "North Pinellas Boot Camp for Women," you almost killed myself and my 5 year old son with your boneheaded move today at about 6:30 p.m. turning off of Fisher Road west onto Curlew because of your impatience. Where were you in such a hurry to go that you managed to get to the light only to stop and have the two cars you almost killed catch up with you? You very well knew and saw that there were two cars (of which I was the second in line) ahead of you sitting in the middle median coming off of Fisher Rd. waiting to merge with westbound traffic on Curlew. That made you third in line. As the first vehicle and I sat in the median waiting to merge with traffic, at the first break in the traffic, you gunned your hummer from behind us, swung around us and cut us both off. Why did you even bother to pull out in the median? You blocked our view of oncoming traffic and then it was only by the grace of God that I had the reflexes to hit my brake and not nail you broadside as you gunned your hummer around us and cut us off. You better watch your driving pal, because you're going to end up killing someone and when you do, I will be the first to contact the sheriff's department and testify to your erratic driving. And guess what, Mr. Macho? I got you on video right as you swung around me with that little illegal move. Jerk.
Disturbed

United States

#2 Mar 23, 2011
Wow...pretty disturbing times when people can't make a poor driving decision without being completely berated online. Could the driver have been more careful and considerate of others on the road, absolutely. Knowing this driver personally probably makes me a little more forgiving, but a macho jerk are not the words I'd us to describe John. He is a great friend, father and community citizen. Oh, he's human too.
More Tolerant of Others

Tampa, FL

#3 Mar 23, 2011
I too know John and think that this so called "safe driver" can't be all that safe of a driver if he/she is videotaping while he/she is driving. Stuff like this happens and calling someone out like this online doesn't make you a better person for it. It just makes you sound like a whiny little tattle tale. Get a life and focus on driving better yourself and less on pointing the fingers at others. "Safe driver" is also probably the first to want to go after so called aggressive drivers when in fact they probably cause more "aggressive driving" anytime they are out on the roads.

John -We've got your back.....let it roll right off and move on.
Frustrated FL Driver

Tarpon Springs, FL

#4 Mar 23, 2011
I bet he made that move because you two in the median probably needed a half mile of space for you to finally merge in. Unless you drive a Yugo or one of those smart cars ("dumb" in my book), do everyone a favor and realize that your car is pretty damn fast and can merge into traffic a lot easier than you think if you just step on it. Grow a pair.
tolerance is a two-way st

Tampa, FL

#5 Mar 23, 2011
According to the person who started this thread he/she was almost killed by someone breaking the law. Just as disturbing is the person defending breaking the law just because they know the driver. Not sure why you mention any names but since you mentioned it there is a guy named John with the same name as one of the owners of that business and his driving record is atrocious according to Pinellas County Public records. It's amazing that people defend the breaking of the motor vehicle codes and laws in this state simply because they know the driver and attack the victim for speaking out. Sorry that don't wash buddy. Look at the amount of lousy drivers we have here just like John. I too drive on these roads on a daily basis and although I don't know where Fisher Road is I know Curlew is very busy the time this incident allegedly occurred. Slow down and don't be in such a hurry people. Lot's of nice people end up killing others because of a poor decision when driving. Attacking the driver who was almost killed for speaking out is as bad as defending the guilty party just because you know them. An adult should know better. Now give the computer back to mom.
lessons learned

Tampa, FL

#6 Mar 23, 2011
I too know the driver of the Hummer and more importantly his heart and I am sure no one is more sorry than he for the driving incident. To the person who started the thread thanks for sharing and making us all aware of how our actions affect those around us. Every moment, every incident is an opportunity for lessons to be learned allowing better choices for tomorrow. Be kind and live peacefully.
amused

Dunedin, FL

#7 Mar 23, 2011
I'm normally not one to post on threads like this, but this post has me really amused! I'm not defending the hummer driver because it sounds like he didn't "wait his turn" like they taught us to in elementary school, but it seriously sounds like the original poster just got mad about that and wanted to start crap for the hummer driver's business on the web. How could he have been nearly killed when they were both sitting in the middle of the median at 0 mph waiting to pull into traffic? If happened as described, at most, it would have caused a little fender bender. He almost makes it sound like he was driving down the road and run off the road by the hummer, but he clearly states they were both sitting in the middle of the median waiting to merge into the traffic. Silly. And like one of the other commenters said, how safe is it to be video taping someone while you are supposedly trying to merge into traffic? I'm sure he didn't really video it, he's just exaggerating like he did throughout the post. Thanks for today's amusement though!
Jeremy the safe driver

Tampa, FL

#8 Mar 24, 2011
My name is Jeremy. I am the driver who made the first post. Yes I was frustrated at the situation that occurred. I picked up my son from daycare when the incident took place. My view was blocked by the hummer that pulled to my right in the median when there were already two cars there waiting to merge. There was the first vehicle in the median (to my left) waiting to merge with west bound traffic. Common courtesy dictates I allow her to go first, she was ahead of me. I was waving her forward when she began to pull out and I let off my brake to follow behind her when the hummer swung from behind me off of Fisher Rd and to my right into the media to make a line of three cars in the median waiting to merge with westbound traffic. Only he made a sharp left from the median and to the right of us, cutting us both off AFTER being in the median long enough to block our view from oncoming traffic. With the hummer in the median neither car could see oncoming traffic. As far as the video, I work for a courier company who just installed the gps/camera (two actually) last week in our vehicles. The type of car we were driving has nothing to do with the situation and the matter it was handled. Was I too quick to call him a jerk? Probably. Was I out of line voicing my opinion regarding his near-accident? Not at all. Do I forgive him?. Absolutely. S*** happens but accidents are caused and can be prevented.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor accused of fondling another woman (Oct '07) 19 hr Sarah 37
Onyums (Nov '14) Fri anonymous 34
Stop the Illegal Alien Pope Train Jun 22 Go Blue Forever 17
Dishonest Divine Motors (Jul '15) Jun 20 mcmambo 8
News Dunedin firefighters respond to garage explosion Jun 14 Victim 1
loud noise (Feb '07) Jun 10 Kat 7
Review: Hollywood Smile Center (Mar '14) May '16 ticked off 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Harbor Mortgages