Looking to move to the Tampa Bay Area...

Looking to move to the Tampa Bay Area - Young Professionals

Posted in the Palm Harbor Forum

Since: May 14

United States

#1 May 5, 2014
Looking for some opinions from the locals as most of the forums I've come across are very outdated. My fiance and I are looking to move to the Tampa Bay Area shortly, and are looking for a place to call home. We are in our 30's, fun loving, laid back. He is a small business owner, I work in the administration/office field so we want to be in an area that would fit our needs.

I of course have been referred to Ft. Lauderdale over and over, but from what I've heard it's gotten very overpriced and crowded. We currently live in the suburbs of Chicago (about 30 min outside the big city) and that's kind of what we're looking for - Close everything, but not packed with crime. We want a place to feel safe coming home to, especially building a life together. We enjoy fishing and watersports, so anything by the water would be ideal (which from what I hear is the safest areas anyway). We like going out to local bars, shooting pool, going to concerts/fests, ect.

We've been suggested Gulfport, but I've found a lot of affordable, close to water rentals in Largo as well. Being from out of state though, I'd love to hear everyone else's opinion.

Thanks!
stay out sam

Rockwood, TN

#2 May 5, 2014
want move to Pinellas county ok , no jobs , terrible traffic , the county is poorly run the town of largo a joke , biggest business is by the police lock um up for a parking tickets and the smallest of crimes , draconian regulations on everything cant use water there carries a jail term when watering the lawn , biggest source of income beside tourists is the Pinellas cops and code inforcement . place backed with crime , lived there 20 years , don't do anything wrong Florida and Pinellas county zero tolerance for everything I tell the truth , there court house has six floors and the jails and prisons one of the largest in the country , big income for the county , taxes and houses real high , cost of living very high , lots of people on food stamps , the bottom fell out in 2008, aint no joke its real , hillsbough and tampa the same , think long and hard before you come there , tranical , draconian rule is governed . Good luck , hope you like beaches that all florida got !!
love it

Beverly Hills, CA

#3 May 5, 2014
well, i just moved back from California to place which i love, Oldsmar. It is 25 min from my work in Tampa, 15 min to honeymood island, rent is half what i pay in California with nice view on lake in front of our condo. Elementary school for my kid is better as the one what i got in California, prices for everything are cheaper. And jobs, yeah, there is more than it was when we left three years ago. I love Florida and thats the part what keeping me here. I dont like big towns and city rush.
Good luck to you guys with moving

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor accused of fondling another woman (Oct '07) Sat Sarah 37
Onyums (Nov '14) Jun 24 anonymous 34
Stop the Illegal Alien Pope Train Jun 22 Go Blue Forever 17
Dishonest Divine Motors (Jul '15) Jun 20 mcmambo 8
News Dunedin firefighters respond to garage explosion Jun 14 Victim 1
loud noise (Feb '07) Jun 10 Kat 7
Review: Hollywood Smile Center (Mar '14) May '16 ticked off 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Harbor Mortgages