FCC Complaint Form - T-Mobile Prepaid Cell Phone Wireless

Posted in the Palm Harbor Forum

T-Mobile Prepaid Scam

United States

#1 Jan 1, 2011
I want to warn everybody about the newest t-mobile fraud and scam. Their prepaid plans used to have a "status" that you achieved once you purchased at least $100.00 in one year, then every card you added after that you still had your status and all your calls were 10 cents. NOT NOW!

T-Mobile has two scams:

SCAM 1 You are charged per minute depending on whatever card you had the last time you paid. Use a $10.00 card and it is 25 cents a minute! You used a $100.00 card three months ago, you are charged 25 cents a minute.

SCAM 2 T-Mobile prepaid used to give you the time and charges when you signed-in through my.t-mobile on the Internet. Now there is NOTHING. Guess what!!! They don't keep track of how many minutes you use, or how much they cost. If you've made only a few calls and then you find out you've got only a $1.00 left and by all purposes you started with 150 minutes the week before... WELL T-Mobile has no clue and they can't provide you with a sheet that shows the minutes used!! INSANE!

Here is the FCC Form to file a complaint against T-Mobile if you've been scammed!

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

Let's shower T-Mobile with FCC Complaints!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 11, 2011
of worthy note for the summer is affinity fraud which happens within a group that has very close ties or similar traits habits and commonality. In Palm Harbor there is Joseph Isaacs a master at MLM profiteering with FHTM, FLDS, Russian Brides, Banking, Telecom and the latest is a social online service for Butt Pirates.
commercesd

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 9, 2011
I switched from a non-contract phone plan with T-Mobile to the Prepaid 1500 talk, text and 50 mb data. When I asked what the difference in service would be, I was told that it was the same network and that there would be no change. That is not true.
First, the pre-paid line does not offer a full text service. That is to say, I can send texts to phone numbers, but any SMS (that is, say, a store deal or even CTA bus tracker) does NOT work at all. For example, it is impossible to use vendor services or sign up for information. The only texting that works is between people.
This really should have been disclosed before I signed up for the plan. After visiting numerous technical forums where others are having this issue, it is obviously a defect that is known by T-Mobile. I've made numerous calls to their tech support. No one can fix the problem. I have been in several stores. Still, no solution.
T-Mobile is selling a defective service and not informing customers the truth about the texting plan that is offered with their Prepaid plans. This is deceitful. T-Mobile should be made to fix this immediately, or at least disclose this plan's shortcomings to customers.
Quit T-mobile prepaid

Arlington, VA

#4 Jun 22, 2012
I bought a T-mobile prepaid cell phone for my daughter in school to use, and selected the monthly unlimited text service. It is actually 30-days, not monthly, for $15 plan. But T-mobile often cuts one day short. I lost some days last year, and I wondered why the charge time is earlier and earlier. So I started to make record since last December. I found they do steal! But when I contact T-mobile, they do not have record earlier than March 2012. That's how they steal. The last charge date on their record is 3/11/2012. Now I found that the next charge date will be 7/8/2012. One day short. And they think customers do not know how to add 30's. Very bad. Nothing I can do, but quit them and find another service. If you are using the same service, you should write down the charge date for each 30 days, not just take my words! Their product is so so, usually has less signal strength than the competitors.
Nedal

Garden City, MI

#5 Oct 21, 2012
Beware of the spam T-mobile advertises called ($10 dollars unlimited international prepaid plan). They deactivate your SIM completely after few days of service claiming that "YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH" and the worse part, customer service has no authority to talk to you. They ask you to send a Letter to Fraud department and wait for answer. I bought 4 SIM cards and prepaid over $240 to use by my employees (We are a special Real Estate company that bring international investors CASH into the US real estate market) We thought we can use this "terrific" offer to communicate in-expensively with International real estate agents around the globe and help our economy while making some living. They shut us down completely after less than 2 weeks of "POOR" service. If you have issues with T-Mobile (A German based company doing business in the US) exercise your right, file a complain against them with the US Federal Communication Council (FCC) link below:

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form2000 !attachFile.action
cynthia

Tampa, FL

#6 Dec 13, 2012
I agree! I am very dissappointed in T-mobile prepaid. They can't even expain how their own automated refill system works, and the data is nonexistent, just won't work at all let alone at the slower 2g speed it was suppose to go down to. It just seems very odd business practice not to have transparency in the billing system once you make a payment. All they do is send out a form lettered automated text that says thank you for your payment. It did not give me a confirmation that now I have paid up until the following month, and it didn't charge my card appropriately either. It charged me zero instead of $50, so I am not out any money, but if the system is unreliable to let me know if it accepted my payment or not at the time I call, then next time it may ovewrcharge me, but without a text that specifies how much they charged me and to tell me when the new due date is, well is crazy. I can't just hand over my money adn trust they got it right! So I guess I will have to leave T-mobile. Can't trust my money to people who can't even tell me how their own site works.(Thought maybe I did something wrong adn wanted to correct my mistake, but they couldn't even tell me what option 2 was as in do they sk for how much money I want to put in or how manny minutes, adn when I finish inputting the amounts do I push # or something or just wait for the automated system to tell me something? Just crazy ridiculous. Bye Bye T-mobile. AT&T has a super site online for its prepaid accounts. They are a bit more expensive but worth it for reliable service. Sorry T-mobile, nothing personal, its just business.
T-Mobile Prepaid Scam wrote:
I want to warn everybody about the newest t-mobile fraud and scam. Their prepaid plans used to have a "status" that you achieved once you purchased at least $100.00 in one year, then every card you added after that you still had your status and all your calls were 10 cents. NOT NOW!
T-Mobile has two scams:
SCAM 1 You are charged per minute depending on whatever card you had the last time you paid. Use a $10.00 card and it is 25 cents a minute! You used a $100.00 card three months ago, you are charged 25 cents a minute.
SCAM 2 T-Mobile prepaid used to give you the time and charges when you signed-in through my.t-mobile on the Internet. Now there is NOTHING. Guess what!!! They don't keep track of how many minutes you use, or how much they cost. If you've made only a few calls and then you find out you've got only a $1.00 left and by all purposes you started with 150 minutes the week before... WELL T-Mobile has no clue and they can't provide you with a sheet that shows the minutes used!! INSANE!
Here is the FCC Form to file a complaint against T-Mobile if you've been scammed!
http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm
Let's shower T-Mobile with FCC Complaints!
Very Angry

Ashton-under-lyne, UK

#7 Mar 6, 2013
I bought t-mobile monthly talk and internet, but six days later i am still unable to access the internet on my phone. When I tried to phone customer service on a premium number, i was told i would be charged 0.25. I had 3.00 on my phone when I made the call. After being kept on hold for about 3 minutes I finally spoke to someone, who, when I explained the reason I was call, remarked that, she had seen something like that online today. in other words she did not have a clue about the plan i was on. The she put me on hold again and before she came back , I was cut off. I checked my balance and still had 0.80 on my phone but could not be reconnected because of insufficient funds. Why is a previously cheap service now costing so much? Is it just a coincident that as soon as t-mobile changed management, the no longer have a reachable customer service. I feel like I have been mugged and I am not happy. I only came here because I feel like I am not alone and I need to see if other people are having the same problems and whether there is anything that can be done about it. I am thinking of getting all my friends on t-mobile to either switch to Lebara or Lycatel or see if we can bring some kind of class action against them.
prepaid minutes are low

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Sep 4, 2013
I have been having similar problems as people reported above. I have for several years opted for pre-paid minutes. I don't use my minutes a lot so this makes sense for me. It seems that more of my minutes are used up with each prepaid purchase. I don't have texting, don't make international calls and don't talk on the phone for hours. I am supposed to be charged .10 cents per minute. Usually it takes me 3 &1/2 - 4 months to through 500 plus minutes. Therefore when I purchased 1000 minutes for a year for $100 I am in disbelief to hear that little over 3 months later, my balance was low! 35 minutes left,! I appear to be using up twice the minutes in the same amount of time with out drastically changing my calling habits and T-Mobile tells me they don't give log records to pre-paid users only people with plans, so I cannot verify where my minutes and money have gone.
Joseph Isaacs

Holiday, FL

#9 Jul 3, 2014
bankalchemist wrote:
of worthy note for the summer is affinity fraud which happens within a group that has very close ties or similar traits habits and commonality. In Palm Harbor there is Joseph Isaacs a master at MLM profiteering with FHTM, FLDS, Russian Brides, Banking, Telecom and the latest is a social online service for Butt Pirates.
Coming from a midget fudgepacker holds no weight in the real world. Dan is way too obsessed with Isaacs and is just jealous of Isaacs successes over the years. he is clueless.
barbara bushe

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jul 18, 2014
Joseph Isaacs wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from a midget fudgepacker holds no weight in the real world. Dan is way too obsessed with Isaacs and is just jealous of Isaacs successes over the years. he is clueless.
I know Joe all to well. He use to hang with me when we were FHTM missionaries. I often blogged with him regarding FHTM and his rants about those with different view points.

Joe is a bitter man who harbors deep animosity for those who are successful and he is still challenged. His slurs often include homophobic and racist slurs which he believes are badges of honor he has bestowed upon the intended recipient.

I did not know he was a member of any fudgepacker group or was monitoring their activity.
Burned

Denver, CO

#11 Aug 20, 2014
prepaid minutes are low wrote:
I have been having similar problems as people reported above. I have for several years opted for pre-paid minutes. I don't use my minutes a lot so this makes sense for me. It seems that more of my minutes are used up with each prepaid purchase. I don't have texting, don't make international calls and don't talk on the phone for hours. I am supposed to be charged .10 cents per minute. Usually it takes me 3 &1/2 - 4 months to through 500 plus minutes. Therefore when I purchased 1000 minutes for a year for $100 I am in disbelief to hear that little over 3 months later, my balance was low! 35 minutes left,! I appear to be using up twice the minutes in the same amount of time with out drastically changing my calling habits and T-Mobile tells me they don't give log records to pre-paid users only people with plans, so I cannot verify where my minutes and money have gone.
Ditto for me on the above. Spent $100 in May 2014 and received text in mid August 2014 of only 35 minutes left. No way. Phone call logs and text messages add up to less than 400. I've been doing the $100/year with TMobile for over 10 years with no real issues, and this is the thanks I get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New hotel under construction at old Adam's Mark... (Feb '14) 20 hr Lost souls 4
Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) Sat hornback12 1,198
Woman finds husband shot dead (Feb '08) Feb 28 Sur 13 Beat 73
Review: Integrity Title & Guaranty LLC Feb 24 MRH 1
Child Support Evasion (Dec '11) Feb 22 wise to his games 5
Clearwater Beach Honored Again as a Top Beach (Mar '13) Feb 19 400 san lino 41
Hearts Video Feb 15 upsetman 1
Palm Harbor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palm Harbor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]