Curious punishment from parents to their 15 year old daughter

Full story: M24 Digital
As was reported by the Daily Mail, 'The mother and stepfather say that the behavior of the girl since she started high school was the reason why they took this action. Full Story
Robble

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Nov 24, 2012
Girls who behave this way often feel unloved and devalued by their fathers. They have low self esteem and seek male attention inappropriately. These parents, especially the stepfather, are clearly ignorant and have not sought professional help. This child is also at an age when privacy is paramount, thus this "shaming" will cause post-traumatic stress disorder in this child. This father needs to see a professional about his attitude about fatherhood. They are causing more damage and Jasmine's behavior is likely to escalate. I speak as a clinician (I am a physician) and a parent of a teenage daughter. I agree with Jasmine that this is "not love." By her comments I think she realizes that the world sees this sign only as admission of a dysfunctional family and a father, in particular, who does not love his daughter. Hang in there, Jasmine. Try to feel good about achievements in school, on the athletic field and with true friends

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Coast Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving to Palm Coast (Jan '07) 9 hr tony 175
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 11 hr feliciano 2,976
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 12 hr The Poet 2,508
You are at risk... Sep 18 Doug Graham 1
Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) Sep 16 Trade traders 89
Daytona Beach police officer charged with felon... Sep 15 headheldhigh 1
Inmate work crews provide six-figure savings fo... Sep 15 Dragonfly Humming... 1
•••
•••
•••

Palm Coast Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Coast People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Coast News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Coast