Video: Parents publicly shame teen gi...

Video: Parents publicly shame teen girl with sign

There are 5 comments on the WTKR-TV Norfolk story from Nov 23, 2012, titled Video: Parents publicly shame teen girl with sign. In it, WTKR-TV Norfolk reports that:

Flagler County parents fed up with their daughter's behavior allegedly forced her to hold a sign advertising what she did at a busy intersection.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR-TV Norfolk.

PCBart

Palm Coast, FL

#1 Nov 23, 2012
I click on a link about a story from Palm Coast...on my Palm Coast feed, and I am directed here??? The link is to WTKR-TV Norfolk....

The weakness of search engines powered by commercial interists is obvious.
A Mama Who Does not Play

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Two thumbs up to this dad!!! Kids have to be taught discipline and respect. At home is where they learn how to respect authority and they must have consequences. You cant allow your kids to act unseemly and dishonor themselves and the family. If a "timeout" works, great, but some kids are not TIMEOUT kids!!! I wish my kid would tell me who's boss in a house where I pay the bills, buy the food, clothes and the tissue to wipe their butts. This is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship and I'm the boss. I reward good behavior and punish bad behavior because that's the way of the world. Parents have a responsibility to teach their kids to be respectable human beings. If you dont have the sense to keep your kids in line, you shouldn't have them. Discipline is not abuse. Talk to your kids and make it simple, "Do what you are supposed to do and your life will be sunshine. Cut up and and yes you are gonna bleed. Your choices shape your chances. If you dont wanna get knocked out (metaphor) dont double cross me. I'm here to give you the world as long as you show that you deserve it. If hell is what you want, talk back, make bad grades, be a bully, treat people like dirt, dont do your chores, lie, steal, do drugs etc." Since when are these behaviors worthy of sweet talk! PLEASE!!! She humiliated herself. She got what she deserved. I know because I did this same thing to my kid 2 years ago. It didnt make the news but people in this town know, I DONT PLAY!!! When she grows up and leaves my house, she can do what she wants. Until then, the amount you pay is the amount you say. U pay nothing so say NOTHING!!!!
Republicrat

Bellows Falls, VT

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Public humiliation is not a viable method of child discipline, its bullying.

Remember Amanda Todd. Parents and step-parents can be bullies too.
Older in CT

Newington, CT

#4 Nov 27, 2012
Public humiliation is a dangerous form of discipline and one that someone who is a YOUNG STEP DAD might try. In this day and age, with photography and social networking what it is, I think it's more important to build UP SELF-ESTEEM among teen men and woman rather than just tear it down.
FYI_4U

Clermont, FL

#5 Dec 3, 2012
A Mama Who Does not Play wrote:
Two thumbs up to this dad!!! Kids have to be taught discipline and respect. At home is where they learn how to respect authority and they must have consequences. You cant allow your kids to act unseemly and dishonor themselves and the family. If a "timeout" works, great, but some kids are not TIMEOUT kids!!! I wish my kid would tell me who's boss in a house where I pay the bills, buy the food, clothes and the tissue to wipe their butts. This is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship and I'm the boss. I reward good behavior and punish bad behavior because that's the way of the world. Parents have a responsibility to teach their kids to be respectable human beings. If you dont have the sense to keep your kids in line, you shouldn't have them. Discipline is not abuse. Talk to your kids and make it simple, "Do what you are supposed to do and your life will be sunshine. Cut up and and yes you are gonna bleed. Your choices shape your chances. If you dont wanna get knocked out (metaphor) dont double cross me. I'm here to give you the world as long as you show that you deserve it. If hell is what you want, talk back, make bad grades, be a bully, treat people like dirt, dont do your chores, lie, steal, do drugs etc." Since when are these behaviors worthy of sweet talk! PLEASE!!! She humiliated herself. She got what she deserved. I know because I did this same thing to my kid 2 years ago. It didnt make the news but people in this town know, I DONT PLAY!!! When she grows up and leaves my house, she can do what she wants. Until then, the amount you pay is the amount you say. U pay nothing so say NOTHING!!!!
YOU DON'T KNOW SO YOU CANNOT ACCURATELY JUDGE. THIS ISN'T EVEN HER FATHER AND HE'S A DRUG ADDICT AND HER MOM WAS PUT IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION FOR BEING SUICIDAL. THIS IS NOT A BAD CHILD, SHE IS A MISGUIDED CHILD. PARENTS NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT THEY TRY TO TEACH. I'M SURE YOU WERE NOT AN ANGEL WHEN YOU WERE A TEENAGER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Coast Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 11 arrested in Daytona Beach drug bust (Mar '07) 10 hr Rosie94 47
Thinking of moving to Palm Coast (Jan '07) Jun 30 jpp 184
Looking to buy prescription drugs Jun 25 oranrene 2
Buying a timeshare Jun 17 margaretsims 2
Raul Zambrano "THE CORRUPT JUDGE" (Jun '13) Jun 16 usa constitution 45
News Documents released in Conch House melee show pa... Jun 11 2parents 1
lisa thomas Jun 5 the law 1
More from around the web

Palm Coast People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE