Theft by Canterbury Estates Homes and...

Theft by Canterbury Estates Homes and Herbert Heron and Noel Richardson

Posted in the Palm Coast Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen

Atlanta, GA

#1 Sep 8, 2007
They have committed fraud and stole money from homebuyers. How long do we have to wait until they are arrested? The IRS should also look at the money they pocketed and did not pay taxes on. They are laughing at the dumb home buyers.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournal...
reader

Atlanta, GA

#2 Sep 8, 2007
They are good builders. THIS IS CAUSED BY HOUSNG BUBBLE
ALC1

Daytona Beach, FL

#3 Sep 9, 2007
This was not caused by the "housing bubble". heir financial issues might have been worsened by the softening of the market- but we built with them nearly 3 years ago, and they were a nightmare then, too. This is a problem that stems from poor business decisions and horrible communication between the owners of this company, their suppliers, and their customers.
United States

#4 Oct 1, 2007
WHERE ARE THE HANDCUFFS?
ALC1

Daytona Beach, FL

#5 Oct 3, 2007
They were arrested yesterday.
It's about time.
ALC1

Daytona Beach, FL

#6 Oct 3, 2007
They were arrested yesterday.

It's about time.

Since: Sep 07

Ocala, FL

#7 Oct 3, 2007
All I have to say is it's about time. My mother recently built a house with this company. She called the News Journal and anyone else who would listen saying they were crooked but, nobody would contact her back. What does this mean for people that have built with them? All those contractors that haven't gotten paid who will they come after? It isn't the homeowners fault so I hope they don't have to pay for this. They have been robbed from also. Noel was supposed to fix a light fixture and other things in the house and he never showed and tried to get more money out of my mom for fixing a mistake HE made.
This is not shocking at all.
Anonymous

Brentwood, TN

#8 Oct 3, 2007
I know for a fact that they are EXCELLENT builders. This is a result of the housing crisis. Are you people even trying to get at the truth, or just eager to arrest another victim of the housing crisis? The homebuyers are not the only victims here.

These builders were UNFAIRLY targeted. This I know is a FACT!
Truth

Daytona Beach, FL

#9 Oct 5, 2007
The Truth always comes out. A Pick Pocket is an expert at what they do too. They didn't build the homes, the sub conractors did. Customers did not get what they asked for either. It was just assumed that the customer would except what ever was done at the end, like they had no choice, or blame it on the city until someone called the city to find out the truth. . .

Since: Sep 07

Ocala, FL

#10 Oct 8, 2007
Anonymous wrote:
I know for a fact that they are EXCELLENT builders. This is a result of the housing crisis. Are you people even trying to get at the truth, or just eager to arrest another victim of the housing crisis? The homebuyers are not the only victims here.
These builders were UNFAIRLY targeted. This I know is a FACT!
Not at all. A True business man knows how to cut his losses. What your saying is its okay to steal. It isn't. The results are great, nobody said the houses were awful, but getting the house is the headache. Why should I have to almost stalk someone (not literally) to make sure they do the job I paid them for, or in this case pay the contractors?
Pete _S

Evansville, IN

#11 Dec 26, 2007
As with any business one should plan on a down turn,however with some cost over runs and in trying to make customers satisfied with out adding in change orders which should hav occured. They absorbed some of the cost and they should not have giving up some of their profits. yet people say GREED was the motivation. I think not. They have built many good homes and in time will again. When this is all settled I will once again contract them to build for me once more.

RealMusicFan

“I'm Joe Cool”

Since: Dec 07

Wasilla

#12 Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE They have built many good homes and in time will again. When this is all settled I will once again contract them to build for me once more.[/QUOTE]

So, you think they are honest just because they didn't rip you off? A serial killer doesn't kill everyone they meet either.......
ALC1

Daytona Beach, FL

#13 Jan 10, 2008
I would not contract them again to build a birdhouse.

Not only were they bad decision makers , they were RUDE ,they were DISRESPECTFUL to both my husband and myself, and they LIED to us about everything from money paid out to cabinet orders.

Not judging the hearts, just going on the seen results... they have no business owning a business.
AMAZED

Bronx, NY

#14 Jan 29, 2008
CANTERBURY ESTATE HOMES(HERB HERON AND NOEL RICHARDSON) ARE STILL SAYING THEY DID NOTHING WRONG.INSTEAD OF ADMITTING THEIR GULIT,REPAY ALL THEIR VICTIMS AND BEG GOD AND THE COURTS FOR FORGIVENESS THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TO DRAG THEIR VICTIMS THROUGH MORE HELL. IF THEIR IS ANY JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD THEY WILL GET TO A GUEST OF THE PRISION SYSTEM FOR MANY YEARS.
I PROMISE YOU THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPORTING THEM IS THEIR FAMILIY AND FRIENDS.
WTFisup

Daytona Beach, FL

#15 Aug 27, 2008
I have met Herbert Heron's daughter and her husband and they are just as idiotic as he is! They are rude and crass and have no sense of decency. The whole family should get a boot in theor butt and kicked out of town!
WTFisup

Daytona Beach, FL

#16 Aug 27, 2008
ok...so I can't spell "their"...lol
Jack and Karla

Daytona Beach, FL

#17 Oct 22, 2008
We were hired by him to do major landscape clean-up work in Palm Coast, at a sub-division, that was still undeveloped. My Husband and I, went into debt, bought equiptment, and did the work. He didn't pay....or return calls. What a joy today was, for us!
Anonymous

Brentwood, TN

#18 Oct 29, 2008
I am not going to defend them. I am sure they made bad business decisions. But i am all too familiar with the tragedies resulting from the housing crash to simply accuse them of theft. A wise person once told me there are three sides to a story: your version, my version and the truth. Have we really heard the truth? Case in point: there are comments here and elsewhere praising their work and professionalism.
This is a highly emotional issue (and yeah I would be angry too). But I have the advantage of being removed from the situation and having some understanding of real estate, the current market, and understanding how volatile a situation like this can be. For example, his wife and daughter being idiotic and crass is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. Still it colors one's perceptions of .
bronx new yorker

Moss Point, MS

#19 Mar 7, 2009
I happen to know the person that started this hold court case. He is from south florida. He sound like all he wants is to bring them down at any course and the state is helping him.. He went around asking everytone to join him in this (let get even with them) I wanted no part of it. I love the house that Canterbury build for us. It's a better quality home than another other builder. I don't see Mr. R. moving out of his home because it wasn't build propertly. He's enjoying it. I watch his home being build and they were only about 5 or 6 months into it before he started all this. I think he was upset because mr. k house was done before his was. I don't think this would have gone so far if they were white folk
Ansthefool

Orlando, FL

#20 Mar 8, 2009
AMAZED wrote:
CANTERBURY ESTATE HOMES(HERB HERON AND NOEL RICHARDSON) ARE STILL SAYING THEY DID NOTHING WRONG.INSTEAD OF ADMITTING THEIR GULIT,REPAY ALL THEIR VICTIMS AND BEG GOD AND THE COURTS FOR FORGIVENESS THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TO DRAG THEIR VICTIMS THROUGH MORE HELL. IF THEIR IS ANY JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD THEY WILL GET TO A GUEST OF THE PRISION SYSTEM FOR MANY YEARS.
I PROMISE YOU THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPORTING THEM IS THEIR FAMILIY AND FRIENDS.
You are a fool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Coast Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump wall be gone when hillary wins Feb 12 Tonya miller 4
Family Moving to Palm Coast . Is that a smart m... (Dec '09) Feb 6 Flagler native re... 76
News City policy allowed $100,000 sick and vacation ... Jan 30 Perksperks 1
New Flagler County Arrests (Mar '14) Jan 25 Ron 3
New Flagler County Arrests & Mugshots (Feb '14) Jan 25 Mike 3
Best places for metal detecting Jan 24 detectorist 1
Best place to watch a game? Jan 24 WHITE SOUTHERN PRIDE 2

Palm Coast Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Coast Mortgages