Advocates spur immigration bill revision

Jan 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Palm Beach Post

State representative William Snyder leads a Palm City town hall meeting Friday night, Jan.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 21, 2011

Since: May 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Haven't the politicians learned that it's the same old song and dance dealing with these advocate groups? I mean, why even bother with them? There is not further debate needed. We know what's going on and so do they. Make the damn laws and vigorously start enforcing the ones already on the books. Let them howl, bitch and complain as they gather up their up belongs to go back home of to a friendlier state for now. NO more debate! Get on with it!! Tell everyone what is going to be done and do it!!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

"One aspect of the bill would force employers in Florida to verify the legal status of all new hires, a requirement that is sure to annoy Florida's $7.5 billion agriculture industry, which relies on undocumented workers.

"When he gets before the agriculture committee up there in Tallahassee, you can expect some push-back on this bill," said David Weber, a blueberry grower from Polk County who attended a town hall meeting on the bill on Jan. 7 in Palm City and also joined the group of immigrant advocates who met with Snyder on Wednesday in Stuart.

"I don't think this bill will make it out of committee up there," Weber said. "The way it was written, in the first place at least, it would cause great economic and social disruption."

Another constituency that Snyder expects to hear from is the tourism industry. The restaurant industry, especially, is known to employ undocumented workers and would be affected by the bill."

Enough said!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 16 hr Liberal forever 2,954
Debate: Marijuana - Port St. Lucie, FL (Aug '10) 20 hr psl 145
www.WishUponAHero.com (Mar '08) Tue Gerry de 68
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Aug 23 Sadira Snape 2,456
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Taxus 2,120
Severe Child Torture Policy in Florida. (Jul '09) Aug 22 drugged kid 55
Florida's torture of disadvantaged children. Aug 22 Go Blue Forever 14
•••
•••
•••

Palm City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE