Advocates spur immigration bill revision

Advocates spur immigration bill revision

There are 2 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from Jan 20, 2011, titled Advocates spur immigration bill revision. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

State representative William Snyder leads a Palm City town hall meeting Friday night, Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

Since: May 10

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2011
Haven't the politicians learned that it's the same old song and dance dealing with these advocate groups? I mean, why even bother with them? There is not further debate needed. We know what's going on and so do they. Make the damn laws and vigorously start enforcing the ones already on the books. Let them howl, bitch and complain as they gather up their up belongs to go back home of to a friendlier state for now. NO more debate! Get on with it!! Tell everyone what is going to be done and do it!!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#2 Jan 21, 2011
"One aspect of the bill would force employers in Florida to verify the legal status of all new hires, a requirement that is sure to annoy Florida's $7.5 billion agriculture industry, which relies on undocumented workers.

"When he gets before the agriculture committee up there in Tallahassee, you can expect some push-back on this bill," said David Weber, a blueberry grower from Polk County who attended a town hall meeting on the bill on Jan. 7 in Palm City and also joined the group of immigrant advocates who met with Snyder on Wednesday in Stuart.

"I don't think this bill will make it out of committee up there," Weber said. "The way it was written, in the first place at least, it would cause great economic and social disruption."

Another constituency that Snyder expects to hear from is the tourism industry. The restaurant industry, especially, is known to employ undocumented workers and would be affected by the bill."

Enough said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida's torture of disadvantaged children. (May '14) 15 hr Lafarge 20
LAHIA: Enabling criminals to victimize you. (Sep '15) 15 hr Benchmark 4
News Legless man keys car in Walmart handicapped space (Aug '09) Tue chris 150
Fires in Senior mobile parks without fire hydrants Mon Sunshine 1
Shooting Cartoonists (May '15) Feb 15 Freedom 7
The Media Conceal (Apr '15) Feb 15 Poblacht 9
LAHIA enabling criminals to victimize you. (Feb '14) Feb 15 USSLiberty 30

Palm City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance