Florida student, 18, criminally charged after lesbian relationship

The family of Kaitlyn Hunt wants prosecutors to reconsider the charges against their daughter. Read more
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 May 20, 2013
I hope the charges are dropped. This is motivated by hatred and bigotry.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3 May 20, 2013
If her girlfriend was 15 when the relationship became sexual, even with consent, she broke the law. Florida's age of consent is 18 and their Romeo & Juliet law sets the minimum at 16, she's pretty much at the prosecutor's mercy at this point.
Golem is Dead

Indianapolis, IN

#4 May 20, 2013
Filthy queers !!

Location hidden

#5 May 20, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
If her girlfriend was 15 when the relationship became sexual, even with consent, she broke the law. Florida's age of consent is 18 and their Romeo & Juliet law sets the minimum at 16, she's pretty much at the prosecutor's mercy at this point.
If I were her I'd make them prove it with physical evidence. I hear she was 17 when it began and the "victim" was 15 but in a few months would have turned 16 but the defendant turned 18 before that. I just think that it's all utterly ridiculous especially that she may have to register. She's not a effing pedophile!

Location hidden

#6 May 20, 2013
It's strange how these posters on here are calling her a child molester but if it were a man they call it statutory rape. It's because they are homophobic is why they are labeling her as a pedophile. It's all about bigotry and double standards.

this one

#7 May 20, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
If I were her I'd make them prove it with physical evidence. I hear she was 17 when it began and the "victim" was 15 but in a few months would have turned 16 but the defendant turned 18 before that. I just think that it's all utterly ridiculous especially that she may have to register. She's not a effing pedophile!
They have the girlfriend's Facebook postings and she is in no position to not cooperate with the prosecution and under the law she is toast. Florida's law does make provision for young adults (18-21 year-olds) to appeal registration, if the relationship was consensual and there is less than a 6 years age difference, but it doesn't legalize the act. She'll be a convicted sex offender, just not a registered one.

“Conscience of the Heartland”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#10 May 21, 2013
The criminal charges are bull.

Location hidden

#12 May 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>They have the girlfriend's Facebook postings and she is in no position to not cooperate with the prosecution and under the law she is toast. Florida's law does make provision for young adults (18-21 year-olds) to appeal registration, if the relationship was consensual and there is less than a 6 years age difference, but it doesn't legalize the act. She'll be a convicted sex offender, just not a registered one.
Is it true the straight couples would get special exemptions under Florida's 2007 Romeo and Juliet Law that gay couples don't? Isn't that unconstitutional, unequal protection of the laws, and selective enforcement?

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#14 May 22, 2013
“18-year-old central Florida girl who was expelled from school and charged with having sexual contact with her 14-year-old girlfriend.” Fox news

“Kaitlyn Hunt, 18, charged over same-sex relationship with 14-year-old classmate, report says.” NCB news

Now why is the “Gay Star News” stating the girl; is 15. They really think that the year makes the little girl old enough to make the decision to have sex with an adult. If this were a guy 18 and a girl 14 or 15 it would still be stature rape and illegal.
Kelly Smith Kaitlt’s mother comments “"Kaitlyn's girlfriend denies that Kaitlyn ever pressured her and is adamant that their relationship is entirely consensual, but her parents are out to destroy Kaitlyn's life," Smith wrote online.” On her facebook page defending her gay pedophile.

Gays want equal rights with what exemption of the law?
Kaitlyn was arrested and charged with two counts of felony lewd and lascivious battery on a child 12-16, it’s the law.
If a 18 year old tried to have a relationship let alone sex with my 14 or 15 year old child there would be hell to pay.

this one

#16 May 22, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
Is it true the straight couples would get special exemptions under Florida's 2007 Romeo and Juliet Law that gay couples don't? Isn't that unconstitutional, unequal protection of the laws, and selective enforcement?
The law was written that way, but constitutionally unenforceable that way. R&J laws have to apply equally, regardless of the sex of the participants, ever since Limon v Kansas, back in '05.
above the law

United States

#18 May 23, 2013
LGBT YOUTH ALLIES a project of Vieres LLC to destroy the morals of every student in the United States they can get their hands on!

Pushing gay issues in small marginalized communities with the speed dial assistance of the ACLU. Power from the top down!

Michael Kavey,
a Lecturer-in-Law at Columbia;
New York University
Review of law and social change
Received a Legal Scholarship to Promote Social Equality and Empower Marginalized Communities!

http://lakecountygov.info/2013/05/14/school-b ...

SO SEBASTIAN FLORIDA MUST QUALIFY AS A MARGINALIZED COMMUNITY!

NOW CAN WE SEE WHY THE “ACLU” WAS ON SPEED DIAL FOR THIS POOR LITTLE 18 YEAR OLD MISGUIDED GIRL WHO COMMITTED LEW AND LACIVIOUS ACTS ON A CHILD?????????

SHE HAS BEEN TOLD GAY LOVE IS ABOVE THE LAW!!!!

Michael Kavey, is a former law clerk to U.S. Supreme Court justice and devout lesbian, Soni Sotomayor; he says:

I’ve written extensively on LGBT issues, with essays, articles and other pieces appearing in books published by Oxford University Press (an essay co-authored with Kenji Yoshino), Cambridge University Press, and the University of Chicago Press, as well as in the Yale Law Journal and the New York University Review of Law and Social Change. I’ve also written educational and advocacy materials for Lambda Legal, and I’ve contributed as an author or co-author to popular media and to other blogs (like this one). You can visit his website at:

http://www.youthallies.com/

“MiamiCorrupt”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#20 May 23, 2013
Jenna Talia wrote:
Leave it to redneck reich wing Xian Kuntservative Florida
The Democrats in Florida are to blame .

Take it from someone who wasted his time as did the League of Women Voters and many others trying to get the under 30 age bracket to vote in a state election.

I go to a gym that is 10 minutes from FIU here in Miami. I can honestly tell you that NOT ONE female Dem from FIU of the countless which I know bothered voting in the last state election , where drooling anti women Mullahs Rick Scott and Marco Rubio ran for election and got elected while every Christian Conservative at 18 yrs old and older voted.

Don't get me started about the political apathy of the Gay community which in south beach is sizeable and plenty to make a difference.

I have always said if I was out in a boat and saw two people drowning but only had one floating device (whatever its called), One was a Christian conservative who voted in local, state and federal , the other a Dem who only votes once every 4 yrs .

I am saving the Christian conservative because I can't stand even looking at the "I only vote once every 4 yrs" bunch which is the norm here.

“MiamiCorrupt”

Location hidden

#21 May 23, 2013
frilled2b wrote:
“18-year-old central Florida girl who was expelled from school and charged with having sexual contact with her 14-year-old girlfriend.” Fox news
“Kaitlyn Hunt, 18, charged over same-sex relationship with 14-year-old classmate, report says.” NCB news
Now why is the “Gay Star News” stating the girl; is 15. They really think that the year makes the little girl old enough to make the decision to have sex with an adult. If this were a guy 18 and a girl 14 or 15 it would still be stature rape and illegal.
Kelly Smith Kaitlt’s mother comments “"Kaitlyn's girlfriend denies that Kaitlyn ever pressured her and is adamant that their relationship is entirely consensual, but her parents are out to destroy Kaitlyn's life," Smith wrote online.” On her facebook page defending her gay pedophile.
Kaitlyn was arrested and charged with two counts of felony lewd and lascivious battery on a child 12-16, it’s the law.
If a 18 year old tried to have a relationship let alone sex with my 14 or 15 year old child there would be hell to pay.
You make an honest point but the problem in Florida is the selective enforcement of laws because plenty of hetero couples here fall into that category esp by bible belt area yet they are not prosecuted.

Two wrongs do not make a right but the selective enforcement of laws for some while looking the other way with others is the problem.

Teachers in this state who have sex with students and it seems to happen in FloriDUH rather frequently get probation and that's it again you make an honest point but I hope you see mine.

“MiamiCorrupt”

Location hidden

#22 May 23, 2013
frilled2b wrote:
BTW, Avatar pic, Shepard or Akita?
Cedrick

Prague, Czech Republic

#23 May 23, 2013
The ages of the two girls is secondary to the REAL PROBLEM here being that two girls were having sex with each other.

Shouldn't we, as a decent society, be trying to find out how we failed and allowed two girls to become sexually attracted to one another?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#25 May 23, 2013
I thought gay people wanted equal treatment under the law?

All the whining here is similar to the Hale case in Ohio (lesbian teacher fired by Catholic school employer when Hale's same sex marriage status became public knowledge).

Being gay doesn't exempt one from the strictures of the law.

Location hidden

#26 May 23, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The law was written that way, but constitutionally unenforceable that way. R&J laws have to apply equally, regardless of the sex of the participants, ever since Limon v Kansas, back in '05.
I remember the Limon case and it wasn't as talked about as Lawrence vs. Texas and marriage legalization in Massachusetts. I felt the Limon case should have been known more because it was an important case. Unfortunately Matthew Limon had to do more time than he should have to begin with while the case drug out.

Location hidden

#27 May 23, 2013
I know an article mentioned that there were several straight freshmen (14 year olds) with seniors (18 year olds) at that school and know one is complaining or wanting to prosecute those people. What else are we supposed to think other than it has to do with animus toward Kate's sexual orientation?

Location hidden

#28 May 23, 2013
*no one (not know one)

I need to wake my and finish my coffee. lol

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#29 May 23, 2013
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, Avatar pic, Shepard or Akita?
American Akita

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Lamplighter Village (Apr '10) Mar 22 Jessica Hampton 197
News Letter: Red-light camera yields questionable ti... (Aug '12) Mar 22 Stuck in traffic 7
News Cops: Man lured girl into gang rape Mar 18 Yimiyahu Yurkowitz 4
Review: Dustys Appliance And Repairs (Nov '12) Mar 12 home owner 8
URGENT!-Missing Woman-JEANNINE ERWIN 34yrs old-... (Jul '06) Mar 12 Your Sis n law 14
News Man accused of decades-old sex crimes in Enterp... Mar 4 Anonymous 1
J Justice in the area looking for Delta 32 CCR5... Mar 3 brain cookers 1
Palm Bay Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palm Bay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]