d r horton is being sued

Posted in the Palm Bay Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#1 Jan 25, 2008
Residents of the Brentwood Lakes Estates have retained a Miami Lawfirm and are suing the builder for non disclosure of the Port Malabar Gun Range, to residents. Many found out after building slowed in the community, and the very audible gun shots, seni-automatic, and machiene gun fire could be heard. Many are trying to sell, rent, and some are considering walking away from their homes.

“i see u ate ur bitch flakes”

Orlando, FL

#2 Jan 26, 2008
concerned citizen2 wrote:
Residents of the Brentwood Lakes Estates have retained a Miami Lawfirm and are suing the builder for non disclosure of the Port Malabar Gun Range, to residents. Many found out after building slowed in the community, and the very audible gun shots, seni-automatic, and machiene gun fire could be heard. Many are trying to sell, rent, and some are considering walking away from their homes.
Boo Hoo. My brother in-law built with DR Horton up in SC, he got screwed too. I don't really think the shots are that loud and its not like its an all day and night ordeal. GET OVER IT. They are just made because they overpaid for houses.

Orlando, FL

#3 Jan 26, 2008
Hey CC I saw your post on Zoning. Idk if you live here, but the gun range is not hidden. Building and buying a home is a very big investments and grown adults need to start doing their homework before buying. I can here it from my house also, these people in Brentwood are upset because they were goudged on what they paid for these homes. These homes will be very hard to sell for a profit at this point. That is why they are upset. They should not be sueing anyone, they made their own bed.

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#4 Jan 27, 2008
Trust me when I tell you that many are ready to walk away from their houses. The gun range is hidden; when you get off I-95 and head west on Malabar Rd, THERE IS NOT ONE SIGN THAT SAY PORT MALABAR RIFLE AND GUN RANGE. THE BUILDER DID NOT REVEAL IT AND THE SALES PEOPLE DIDN'T EITHER. GOING TO THE LEFT AND RIGHT OF THE COMMUNITY IT IS NOT READILY VIEWED AS WELL. RESIDENTS WERE SCAMMED. IT IS LIKE SELLING A HOME TO SOMEONE AND NOT TELLING THEM THAT IT WAS BUILT ON A MEDICAL WASTE DUMP AND EVERYONE GETS CANCER IN THE HOME FROM IT.
LAWS WERE BROKEN, PEOPLE WILL AND ARE BEING SUED, AND SOME WILL GO TO JAIL.

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#5 Jan 27, 2008
BOTTOM LINE; D R HORTON TOOK AWAY THE BUYERS RIGHT TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISSION, BECAUSE OF THIS THEY ARE LIABLE

Orlando, FL

#6 Jan 28, 2008
Trust me when I tell you that many are ready to walk away from their houses. The gun range is hidden; when you get off I-95 and head west on Malabar Rd, THERE IS NOT ONE SIGN THAT SAY PORT MALABAR RIFLE AND GUN RANGE. THE BUILDER DID NOT REVEAL IT AND THE SALES PEOPLE DIDN'T EITHER. GOING TO THE LEFT AND RIGHT OF THE COMMUNITY IT IS NOT READILY VIEWED AS WELL. RESIDENTS WERE SCAMMED. IT IS LIKE SELLING A HOME TO SOMEONE AND NOT TELLING THEM THAT IT WAS BUILT ON A MEDICAL WASTE DUMP AND EVERYONE GETS CANCER IN THE HOME FROM IT.
LAWS WERE BROKEN, PEOPLE WILL AND ARE BEING SUED, AND SOME WILL GO TO JAIL.
Well I built my house in 1999, my house is much further from the gun range than Brentwood. I asked the masons what that noise was and they said the gun range. They shoot during operating hours and unless they are all deaf I don't know how they didn't know. Either way I do agree with you that D.R. Horton is a dirty builder, but good luck sueing them they are the largest builder with many good lawers.

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#7 Feb 2, 2008
They are all liars and crooks, and should not have have any dealings with the public.

Orlando, FL

#8 Feb 2, 2008
They are all liars and crooks, and should not have have any dealings with the public.
You and my brother in-law would get along great. They built his house in NC, ran out of fill dirt took it from his yard and filled the neighbors yard. He has a 10 drop in his back yard. Can't do anything with it. They also built him a fee standing garage for an extra 6,000 and ow the home owners assoc. is telling him it has to come down. DR Horton is no longer returning his phone calls.

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#9 Feb 2, 2008
Legally, your brother in law's free standing garage has to be grandfather in. He had no notion of the by-laws at the time of contract. Good luck

Orlando, FL

#10 Feb 2, 2008
Legally, your brother in law's free standing garage has to be grandfather in. He had no notion of the by-laws at the time of contract. Good luck
Thanx its an ongoing battle. He has had to get a lawer at this point. He will never tear it down either.
rick

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#11 Feb 3, 2008
they should be suing over the terrible cable tv service they allow beyond communications to provide they claim it free with high hoa fees problem is picture goes in and out thats why you see satelite dishes and still have to pay same high hoa fee they also control phone service that is terrible also bell south and bright house not allowed to come in here and yes the gun shots are a pain and they dont tell you about also irrigation on city water expensive
Resident 1

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#12 Feb 5, 2008
Ok Orthopod. I guess we should have done the research. Why would we suspect that there was a gun range? Every time we came to look at the property there was construction going on. it tends to mask the gun range noise. You really don't notice it until after 4pm when all the workers have gone home.ou really notice it on Sunday afternoon while you are outside doing a BBQ. I just hope that any potential buyer for the next phase herre realizes that the gun noise will literally be in ther back yard!!

Orlando, FL

#13 Feb 5, 2008
Resident 1 wrote:
Ok Orthopod. I guess we should have done the research. Why would we suspect that there was a gun range? Every time we came to look at the property there was construction going on. it tends to mask the gun range noise. You really don't notice it until after 4pm when all the workers have gone home.ou really notice it on Sunday afternoon while you are outside doing a BBQ. I just hope that any potential buyer for the next phase herre realizes that the gun noise will literally be in ther back yard!!
I am not trying to offend you really. I live close to Emmerson and Jupiter and I noticed it. Thats all I am saying. That gun range has been there for over 30 years. However my husband is a builder for a different home building company, and after I told him about this he said they had been wondering when the shit was going to hit the fan.

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#14 Feb 5, 2008
Would you live in brentwood lakes if you were not told about it and had no idea about the gun range existence? What would you do? I'm aware of at least 2 pre-forclosures. etc... f.y.i they could easily afford the payments.

Orlando, FL

#15 Feb 6, 2008
Would you live in brentwood lakes if you were not told about it and had no idea about the gun range existence? What would you do? I'm aware of at least 2 pre-forclosures. etc... f.y.i they could easily afford the payments.
I would have never moved to Brentwood because they charged inflated prices for the houses. I know they can afford the payment but selling the homes for what the original price was is going to be hard.

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#16 Feb 6, 2008
Prices aside, would you live in brentwood lakes if you were not told about it and had no idea about the gun range existence? What would you do? I'm aware of at least 2 pre-forclosures. etc... f.y.i they could easily afford the payments

Orlando, FL

#17 Feb 6, 2008
Prices aside, would you live in brentwood lakes if you were not told about it and had no idea about the gun range existence? What would you do? I'm aware of at least 2 pre-forclosures. etc... f.y.i they could easily afford the payments
In answer to your question "would you live in brentwood lakes if you were not told about it and had no idea about the gun range existence? Yes. I also would have researched the area I moved into seeing as how it was one of the biggest investments of my life. If any of these people are letting their houses go into forclosure that would be their BIG mistake. If they let their homes go into forclosure they will have nothing. Reguardless of the outcome of the court case, the homeowner will be held responsable for letting their home go into forclosure. DR Horton can not be held responsable for people not paying their mortgage because they are unhappy with where they live. Also a forclosure will go on your credit report. If people are doing this it speaks volumes about their intelligence.

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#18 Feb 6, 2008
D R HORTON TOOK AWAY THE BUYERS RIGHT TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISSION, BECAUSE OF THIS THEY ARE LIABLE. Also, The gun range is hidden; when you get off I-95 and head west on Malabar Rd, THERE IS NOT ONE SIGN THAT SAY PORT MALABAR RIFLE AND GUN RANGE. THE BUILDER DID NOT REVEAL IT ON THEIR WEBSITE, UTIL LATE NOV.2007 EARLY DEC.2007 AND THE SALES PEOPLE DIDN'T EITHER.

THE SALES PEOPLE KNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS AN MAJOR INVESTMENT AS YOU SAID, "THE BIGGEST INVESTMENTS OF LIFE", IT IS TRULY CRUEL, WICKED, AND MEAN-SPIRITED, FOR THEM TO S TO UNSUSPECTED FAMILIES AND PEOPLE.

IT SEEMS THAT MOST PEOPLE WERE NOT FROM THE AREA(OUT OF STATE CA, MI, HI LA ECT...) AND THE SALES PEOPLE AND BUILDER TOOK THEM TO THE CLEANERS

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#19 Feb 6, 2008
LET ME CLARIFY.

D R HORTON TOOK AWAY THE BUYERS RIGHT TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISSION, BECAUSE OF THIS THEY ARE LIABLE.

The gun range is hidden; when you get off I-95 and head west on Malabar Rd, THERE IS NOT ONE SIGN THAT SAY PORT MALABAR RIFLE AND GUN RANGE(NOT ONE). THE BUILDER DID NOT REVEAL IT NEITHER WAS IT ON THEIR WEBSITE, UNTIL LATE NOV.2007-EARLY DEC.2007 AND THE SALES ASSOCIATES DID NOT REVEAL IT EITHER; AND THEY KNEW IT.

THE SALES PEOPLE KNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS AN MAJOR INVESTMENT AS YOU SAID, "THE BIGGEST INVESTMENTS OF LIFE", IT IS TRULY CRUEL, WICKED, AND MEAN-SPIRITED, FOR THEM TO S TO UNSUSPECTED FAMILIES AND PEOPLE. THEY MIGHT AS WELL HAD POINTED A "GUN" AT THE RESIDENTS AND SAID,"STICK EM UP, GIVE ME $300K PLUS THE 6% OT THE SALES ASSOCIATES"

IT SEEMS THAT MOST PEOPLE WERE NOT FROM THE AREA(OUT OF STATE CA, MI, HI LA, FT. LAUDERDALE, MIAMI ECT...) AND THE SALES PEOPLE AND BUILDER TOOK THEM TO THE CLEANERS.

THIS IS TRULY UNJUST
Lavendar7

AOL

#20 Feb 6, 2008
This really sucks and I agree with "concerned citizen 2" and would like to learn more about the lawsuit outside the "topix", is there an email I can write to?

Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Race a Religion or Neither? Fri Fr Berkowitz 4
Whats in Your Kosher Food? Fri ThisIsnt Here 3
_ _ _ _ on a Plane Fri Salama Gefilte 3
Anther One Of Bill Micks Heroes Fri Foward Stern 2
iheart Bankrupt May Not Make Another Year Thu Kenny Holiday 7
Jews Claim Musicians Have No Rights Jul 18 Pink Floyd 2
Who Has Always Controlled Heroin? Jul 17 Sassoon Family 2

Palm Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance