Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing

Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing

There are 168 comments on the Cbs4denver.com story from Oct 8, 2007, titled Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing. In it, Cbs4denver.com reports that:

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. A Western Slope man serving life in prison for killing his wife was in a Denver court Tuesday for an appellate hearing. via Cbs4denver.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs4denver.com.

Greg

Port Huron, MI

#21 Jul 19, 2009
As a former police officer I know of cases where the police fixate on one person. Usually, they have very good reasons for doing that. In this case I think they fixated on the husband and the evidence leads a reasonably logical person to conclude that they got the right man. The fact that the body just happened to end up in a dumpster from the suspects work, the perpetrator took the body with them after the murder in the house (rarely happens like that), and there were blood stains in the family minivan that matched the victim, well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to correctly conclude what happened. For all those that cannot convict without a "smoking gun" then, for the sake of our justice system, lets hope they never serve on a jury.
Christina

Wentzville, MO

#22 Jul 25, 2009
I think the police were looking for an easy case to make and staged a lot of it themselves. Like the blood in the van, they could have put it there. There was never any REAL hard evidence in the case and it sickens me that Michael never got a real fair trial. There was no way that he could have gotten a fair trial in Mesa County. This just goes to show you how bias our country is and how lazy our law enforcement has become to not even look at any other suspects. Our justice system sucks! You are suppose to find them guilty "BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT" and in this case there is A LOT of reasonable doubt!!!!
chris

Waterloo, Canada

#23 Jul 25, 2009
Is it just me or does it make sense for a husband/ father after seeing the blood on the bed to be told by a 911 operator to go and check to see if his daughter is in her room?????

Aren't they able to see how long the blood had been sitting there on the bed before he had left for work?
Jim Tomson

Merrimack, NH

#24 Jul 25, 2009
Wow, this guy is a total psycho to kill his own child like that. What a monster.
cid

Tucson, AZ

#25 Jul 25, 2009
I just noticed that from the getgo they always assumed it was Michael Blagg. I never heard of the police investigating to see if maybe, just maybe someone else could have commited the crime.

Also, some murderers are smart. What if the murderer was someone who knew Blagg and set him up by taking the bodies and purposely smearing the van? It could have been a family member who got their hands on his wife's keys. After all, after watching the case on tv, I got the vibe that the mother in law never liked him.

Another thing was that I noticed, wtf is up with the mother SUDDENLY claiming that he chocked his wife 10 years ago? If it were true, that should have been the first thing out of her mouth when she was questioned before trial not during.

Also blood was never found inside the car, but on the outside ridges and stuff. Doesn't make any sense does it?

To me it sounds like he was set up by another family member.
Interesting

Florissant, MO

#26 Jul 26, 2009
Christina wrote:
I think the police were looking for an easy case to make and staged a lot of it themselves. Like the blood in the van, they could have put it there. There was never any REAL hard evidence in the case and it sickens me that Michael never got a real fair trial. There was no way that he could have gotten a fair trial in Mesa County. This just goes to show you how bias our country is and how lazy our law enforcement has become to not even look at any other suspects. Our justice system sucks! You are suppose to find them guilty "BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT" and in this case there is A LOT of reasonable doubt!!!!
Of all the comments, I found yours particularly interesting, given the fact that Chris Coleman currently is charged with the same thing and the situations are so similar. Strict Christian, hidden sexual element, supposed unknown psycho killer takes out wife and children. Guess you think Coleman is innocent too. When will people get it that there are men out there that DO just erase their families. If some supposed outside killer targets this man's family, why remove the bodies from the home. And I am sure his wife caught the porn and just decided to join in...yeah right.
pistoff

Prince George, Canada

#27 Jul 27, 2009
i watched this story on 48 hours last night. i was shocked, and disgusted with the entire legal system.unless there is more to this story,(someone please enlighten me with evidence), this man was sent to prison based on hearsay? we "think" hes guilty therefore he IS? i am ashamed to be a member of this human race where everyone is quick to join the "herd". everyone that says hes guilty must have been there when this tragedy occurred, how else would you all know he did it? personally im having trouble comprehending how we live in a world that allows convicted child molesters to roam the streets while we give a man "life" based on rumors.
debra

Oak Lawn, IL

#28 Aug 1, 2009
Thank God for people like Bubba writing in to this site. Who are you people who can't figure out immediately that he killed his wife and kid, that he's a sociopath just like Scott Peterson - good looking and charming and evil?

How many facts do you people need before you make any decisions at all? I've been on juries, and it's jurors like you that destroy the justice system.
Carlie Williams

United States

#29 Aug 1, 2009
Anyone can say someone did it. I know of a girl in my town who said she was molested by her father and grandfather and they both did time in prisons only to find out that she made the whole thing up because her father told her that she could not go to a dance and she wanted to punish him. When she went to the uncle he said he agreed on the punishment and that he would not talk to the father because he is not the one to tell him what to do. NOW THEY BOTH SERVED 3 years in prison and were finally let out but they both are now considered rapists in our community. EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE CLEARED! The jury found them both guilty.......where is the justice in that miss jury duty? HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU WERE NOT THERE?!!!!
debra wrote:
Thank God for people like Bubba writing in to this site. Who are you people who can't figure out immediately that he killed his wife and kid, that he's a sociopath just like Scott Peterson - good looking and charming and evil?
How many facts do you people need before you make any decisions at all? I've been on juries, and it's jurors like you that destroy the justice system.
Yeah

Grand Junction, CO

#30 Aug 12, 2009
Blagg is 100% guilty. He put his wife & daughter in the dumpster at his job for God's sake. Several other key items of evidence were found that proved he orchestrated the entire story. The boogeyman didn't accidentally do this. The cops did an outstanding job of investigating this case. Absolute slam dunk. Don't comment based on tv shows, comment based on the facts. If you care so much, look up the case info.

“princess”

Since: Aug 08

yakima county

#31 Aug 16, 2009
ill have everyone know that is grad father and father are relatives of mine and he was NOT molested by them those 2 men are some of the nmost upstanding men that i have ever met and have never heard nothing bad against them
alyssa

Danbury, CT

#32 Oct 21, 2009
Um, I just watched this on court tv last night and apparently you didn't listen because HE told the operator he was going back inside to search for his daughter after the operator told him to walk outside when he got flustered in the Master Bedroom. It's funny how everyone can gang up on someone because a silly TV show reveals the bad only you people need to wake up because there is a lot more to a murder case tha what is shown on the televison.
chris wrote:
Is it just me or does it make sense for a husband/ father after seeing the blood on the bed to be told by a 911 operator to go and check to see if his daughter is in her room?????
Aren't they able to see how long the blood had been sitting there on the bed before he had left for work?
I speak

Suwanee, GA

#33 Dec 20, 2009
Carlie Williams wrote:
You were there huh? You know he did it without a doubt? Shame on you for playing God. Only God, her, him, and Abby know!
<quoted text>
You say, "Only God, her, HIM, and Abby know." If he wasn't involved then how would HE know?
aardvark

Tulsa, OK

#34 Dec 20, 2009
I've watched this story many times and I've never been convinced he did it. I was also one who was absolutely convinced the Ramseys killed their daughter and it's been proven they didn't.
Onceagain

Dallas, TX

#35 Dec 22, 2009
I wush people would stop watching crime shows and take them at face value. Don't be lazy and research. This man is guilty. Not just due to the porn thing but other evidence. So it's just one big string of bad luck that the wifes body was dumped at his job??? Sure. Most crimes are commited by someone known to the victim. He is guilty. We've seen it over and over again. Husbands killing their wives.
Mikey

United States

#37 Dec 24, 2009
I'm sorry but this guy (Blagg) is GUILTY!
I read the transcipts of his interviews with the detectives in the book Taken From Home and he himself shot holes in his own story.
Not to mention the neighbors seeing his mini van at 3 am pulling into his drive.
Him saying that only he and Jennifer had keys for the vehicles. What? Do you think Abby took it for a spin?
He fumbled several times in his statements.
Yeah yeah I know he was nervious,upset,stressed blah blah blah.
Not every investigation is perfect,but come on,way too much blood at the scene and none of it was Abby's and the blood that was there was as thick as paint and coagulated or dried and cracking already.
The scene was older than 12 hours.
If he left at 6 am,is home by 4 15 no way is the blood going to be in that condition.
It would still be wet.
He is seen in the area of the dumpster.on video and then Jennifer's body is found where? In the landffill where it just so happens the company that owns the dumpster he was seen around dumps thier dumpsters?? I don't think that is just a coincidence.
Blood in the minivan.
The minivan that was seen by neighbors pulling in to his drive at 3 am on the night in question which also just happens to have Jennifers blood in it?
GUILTY
Seaniesom

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Jan 2, 2010
That's Funny. Are you saying that one of her family members killed her and her daughter just to set him up for murder because they didn't like him? Don't you think that's a little extreme? I think that's much more ridiculous than assuming that HE did it!
cid wrote:
I just noticed that from the getgo they always assumed it was Michael Blagg. I never heard of the police investigating to see if maybe, just maybe someone else could have commited the crime.
Also, some murderers are smart. What if the murderer was someone who knew Blagg and set him up by taking the bodies and purposely smearing the van? It could have been a family member who got their hands on his wife's keys. After all, after watching the case on tv, I got the vibe that the mother in law never liked him.
Another thing was that I noticed, wtf is up with the mother SUDDENLY claiming that he chocked his wife 10 years ago? If it were true, that should have been the first thing out of her mouth when she was questioned before trial not during.
Also blood was never found inside the car, but on the outside ridges and stuff. Doesn't make any sense does it?
To me it sounds like he was set up by another family member.
WHO_DAT

Aurora, CO

#39 Jan 10, 2010
I wouldn't put my life in the hands of the ignorant backward religious wingnuts that live on the Western Slope. That was his first mistake, letting a jury of his "peers" decide his fate. The evidence was mostly manufactured and the blood on the car could have happened at anytime for any reason. She'd bleed more from a paper cut. No weapon, no bullet, and the kid's clothes still laid out make it very hard to prove that Blagg went to work, then left an hour later to kill his wife and daughter and then take them back to work without anyone seeing him. They found the body in an area that they think the dumpster would have been dumped months before. Do you have any idea how much that stuff shifts in the course of a year? Too many holes, too many idiot jurors and a cop and DA who were too lazy and stupid to do a real investigation or consider all the transients and freaks that live up there full time and pass through. I believe Blagg will eventually be exonerated. Colorado has a track record for this kind of crap. Think Tim Masters.
Nicole

Surfside, CA

#40 Jan 10, 2010
To Whom It May Concern:
I watched the 48 Hours: Hard Evidence tonight, in regards to the Jennifer and Abby Blagg case. I am absolutely shocked that Michael Blagg is in jail right now. There was no hard evidence produced in court. I want to know if there were gun casings found ever? When was the estimated time of death, were they ever able to determine? I mean there is no weapon, no evidence at all, I honestly believe after watching this episode that their is an innocent man in jail right now. There was no body found, I think it would make total sense for a break in killing and kidnapping??? I mean have you seen the recent Jaycee cases, ETC. There is NO evidence that Michael committed this murder. The people of that town were making accusations on the local new station, people believe what they hear, they don't investigate for themselves, they just believe what they hear, and these are the people who choose the fate of that man. He not only lost his wife and child, but his own life. Their was no EVIDENCE at all that HE murdered them, no fingerprints, gun, absolutely nothing???? I do not understand it. It frustrates me to think that that man could be sitting in jail, being beat up for nothing. I want to know what evidence they have to put him behind bars for the rest of his life, other then they think this is how is was, or they believe it just makes sense. I mean come on, she was planning on leaving him, yet she wrote him a letter professing her love a few day/months before. Either way...I believe someone may have Abby and that they have the wrong person. I know that justice will be served. I hope you can e-mail me back with some further information in regards to this case, cause I have done some research and this case is a joke, its based on peoples emotions and thoughts, NO PROOF. It's pathetic that they let that town decide the faith of that poor man.
Nicole
aardvark

Tulsa, OK

#41 Jan 11, 2010
I didn't know that about the condition of the blood and the neighbors seeing the van at 3am. Well, he's a hell of an actor. It's just so hard for me to believe anyone could kill their child, or anyone else for that matter, but your own child. Blagg was in some sort of special military unit, wasn't he? Some sort of unit that might have trained him to act. I will say, it is also hard for me to believe Mrs. Blagg would go along with using porn to improve their marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palisade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CFNM party May 17 Aggie124 1
News Tough Break For Rick Enstrom, The "Candy Man" (Oct '12) May 11 Beatrice 11
News Activists slow fracking juggernaut in western C... May 9 SILVER 1
News Tammy Vigil (Jul '10) May 4 Jon 5
News Delta Schools Will Get Satanic Coloring Books o... Apr 28 nanoanomaly 5
Review: Berkley Uppercuts (Jun '13) Apr 23 nudistguyinco 8
Looking For Information On A Grand Junction Murder (Mar '07) Apr '16 michelle 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palisade Mortgages