Black Thursday or Thanksgiving?Merchants begin to push gifts earlier

Nov 27, 2013 Full story: The Grand Junction Sentinel

Becky Brehmer, owner of Razzmatazz, 552 Main Street in downtown Grand Junction setting up a Christmans dispaly in the store and getting ready for Black Friday.

Full Story
Linda Cruz

Denver, CO

#1 Nov 28, 2013
Greed has taken over or country and what happened to family time. We used to e able to send Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day. and Easter as a family day of being together. Now you have folks sleeping when they should be enjoying family time as the kids are only small once. So much is lost on families not able to do things together. Stores can open no earlier than 4AM but should wait until 6AM Some families like to attend Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve but that is not very possible in today's time. Families should be 1st for these Holidays. I was raised in a small town with parents owning a motel that was 24/7. We did 2 family vacations between 1-46 and 1-57. The difference was we were together and parents were there. Where are the children of today? I am seeing a lot of the younger generation not wanting kids and I don't blame them. When are we going to stand up? I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving and Christmas and Easter. If we all did this there would be no need to be open n these days. If we don't shop then stores do NOT have customers. Again it boils down to greed. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palisade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Animal Birth Control Dec 13 GJCO2014 1
Review: Earls Paint & Tin Dec 5 zidanefan 1
Man arrested for pointing banana at deputies ne... Nov 27 guest 2
Debate: Marijuana - Palisade, CO (Oct '11) Nov '14 Richies Cool Man ... 16
Woman uses Super Glue on teeth (Mar '09) Nov '14 foursavages 129
sydney white Oct '14 JASPER TUDOR 1
Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing (Jul '08) Oct '14 JASPER TUDOR 168

Blizzard Warning for Mesa County was issued at December 22 at 9:29AM MST

Palisade Dating
Find my Match