Man gets 4-year term for assaults

There are 5 comments on the The Daily Sentinel story from Feb 24, 2006, titled Man gets 4-year term for assaults. In it, The Daily Sentinel reports that:

A former supervisor at the Grand Junction Regional Center for the developmentally disabled was sentenced Friday to four years in the Mesa County Jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Sentinel.

Kacey Radius

Denver, CO

#1 Mar 28, 2006
This man was used as an example for Mesa County. Had anyone really paid attention to what was said he would have been set free. A woman in her 50+ crippled on one side is sad yes, but for her to claim that she was forced to walk backwards with her undergarments down around her ankles and did so without falling, when she couldn't even do it fully clothed walking forwards is clearly a liar. Those jurors saw exactly what Mr. GOD wannabe Christopher Mueller wanted them to see. Of course no one wanted to allow the women's past sexual history to come up and how they had ALL been turned in for some sexual offense at one time or another. Nor did anyone pay attention to the fact that this matter that he had been convicted of happened over 4 YEARS ago. After 4 years no one is questioning why in the world these women still confided in him about their grandchildren nor about why they hadn't requested a transfer or reported anything. Suddenly they all remember that 4 years ago they were all almost raped but hadn't had anything happen in the years after that.

Did his lawyer bother to have the RING leader questioned? NO for some reason at the state home here in Poe Dunk Grand Junction, every one is related. So they are all protecting their own. You can only get in now a days if you are either a blood relative or were married in. They are hiding so much at this facility and it has to stop before someone else gets accused of absolute garbage. Did anyone happen to contact the bus driver for the facility to ask him WHY he quit after serving so many years? NO, why because his answer would have been that due to the fact that a woman known for her flirtations said he was unprofessional with her would be able to have him fired the same as MR. VALDEZ.

This man lost everything he had and so did his family and it is truely a sad day in America when any female can say that after 4 years ( which isn't there a statue of limitations?) someone tried to force themselves on them is ridiculous. Amazing how they can all remember what happened that long ago, hell I can't even remember what I had for dinner on Tuesday night.

If the man is ever let out, I hope and pray to GOD that he is avenged by sueing these women for false imprisonment. The judge himself threw out so many testimonies due to their ludacrisness. One nurse's testimoney was thrown out by the judge when he HAD to inform her that what she was testifying to were compliments not harrassment. How dumb are the people here in Grand Junction??????????
Turner

Littleton, CO

#2 Mar 31, 2006
I agree with you, but have to disagree also. The situation itself is a disgrace and should have been handled TOTALLY differently. However, Grand Junction is not "poe dunk", we are not all related, and before you start knocking a town you obviously don't know, you might want to at least spell check. Bad grammer screams po dunk. Unless you're to be considered better than everyone else because you live in Denver...
Bonnie

AOL

#3 Apr 2, 2006
This entire trial and conviction was a set up from the beginning. The three "victims", a term I use loosely, all changed their stories at least 3 times from the time it was reported to the Regional Center until they testified in Court. This man is totally innocent and doesn't deserve the injustice our legal system handed him. I believe that God has a purpose for everything and that when all is said and done these women will have to answer to Him for all their lies and that Mr. Valdez will be rewarded in the end for having to suffer for something he didn't do.
Mrs Christopher Valdez

AOL

#4 Apr 2, 2006
There is so much to this story. Nobody seems to want to hear the truth, only the lies. I too work at the Regional Center and I know my husband is completely innocent. When I was sexually harassed I turned it in immediately. I did not wait 2 years. The funny thing is during the preliminary hearing one of the "victims", who remembered all the details of being harassed 2 years earlier and wrote a statment of the incident, stated she would need to look at her statement to answer a simple question about the incident. Unfortunately the jury was not given this information during the trial. Anyone who has ever taken the time to know my husband knows that he is innocent. Being a good Christian man, and being strong in his faith is what is sustaining my husband and getting him through this terrible time. But we believe that the truth will set him free.
Kacey Radius

AOL

#5 Apr 3, 2006
For your information Turner, I do live in Grand Junction. And Grand Junction is POE DUNK and I'll spell it however I want. You obviously have lived under a rock since you have been here. This town is as poe dunk as it can get. A total moron you should have realized that in my statement I wasn't bad mouthing grand junction as everyone being related idiot. Everyone at the state home is related, if you could read, you'd get that. Maybe you are inbread.

As for the rest of you

LETS ALL SAY A PRAYER FOR UNCLE AND SEND HIM LOTS OF LOVE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palisade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Loma man, 49, suspected of molesting girl (Mar '09) Tue Sad woman 15
News BLM proposes changes to one-million acre GJ fie... Apr '15 jordennancy23 1
News Woman uses Super Glue on teeth (Mar '09) Apr '15 Jennie 136
Debate: Marijuana - Palisade, CO (Oct '11) Nov '14 Richies Cool Man ... 16
News Email letters, October 18, 2013 (Nov '13) Nov '13 PowerOfChoice 1
News Judge delays Jensen trial (Oct '13) Oct '13 robin goodly 3
News Colorado business, leaders urge action on immig... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Brenda besson 6
More from around the web

Palisade People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]