Florida boy shot in head by friend in critical condition

A 10-year-old boy remains in critical condition in a north Florida hospital after being shot in the head. Full Story

“American Against Fascism”

Since: Apr 08

Central Florida

#4 Jun 16, 2008
Another irresponsible gun OWNER. Don't blame the kids, what a copout.
Lady Stella

Lake Mary, FL

#5 Jun 16, 2008
Wow...I hope the boy survives this. The age difference has me a bit baffled. Why would a fourteen year old be hanging out with a ten year old? Unless, keeping an eye on him it would seem strange they were buds.
Anon

Melbourne, FL

#6 Jun 16, 2008
That goodness The Powers That Be are interpreting the Bill of Rights to allow every idiot to own and mishandle guns. God bless the USA.
R U 4 REAL

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Jun 16, 2008
First, why was there a loaded gun available for these children to play with? If you are going to have guns in the house parents..here is an idea...try teaching your children gun safety. I would throw the parents who own the gun in jail and the kid who shot it should spend sometime in juvie for being so ever lovin stupid.
LakeMaryLady

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2008
Chester DeGrasse wrote:
Another irresponsible gun OWNER. Don't blame the kids, what a copout.
I'll blame whomever I please. These kids were old enough to know better. Especially the 14-year old. Don't tell me
he's young to understand that someone could hurt playing with a gun. The gun owner is this case should also charged since the 10-year old victim was his child.
fstopfitz

Daytona Beach, FL

#9 Jun 16, 2008
Why not release the parents name because of stupidity. Total disregard for the welfare of the children. Where is DCF or whatever state org?
Does Florida have a gun safety lock law?

Since: Apr 08

Brooklyn, New York

#10 Jun 16, 2008
How many children need to accidentally shoot themselves or someone else before it is determined that far too many gun owners are not being responsible? There is no reason why things like this should continue to happen.
Palm Bay

Winter Park, FL

#11 Jun 16, 2008
It's a small price to pay to keep our constitutional freedoms. For every child that is accidently shot there are 100 thugs deterred. I'm sure most of my fellow gun owners would back me up on this.
James Hawk III

Altamonte Springs, FL

#12 Jun 16, 2008
All this gun-rights palaver aside, when I read the headline "Florida boy shot in head by friend in critical condition" I don't know if the friend was in critical condition or the victim. Dangle participles much?

How about "Florida boy in critical condition after being shot in head by friend?"
lonecoyoten4

United States

#13 Jun 16, 2008
O.K....First of all, this child needs our PRAYERS, not critisizim of his parents. I am the child's uncle, and I pray to GOD that you, if you beleive in GOD or not(as most liberals are the latter), never have to go through this.
The child's parents' are right now as I type, in the hospital with their son, at his bedside, re-living every moment since the "shooting" in thier minds, all the while having to worry about police and state invetigations.
I seriously doubt that very many among us would have the stamina or the constitution to live up to the efforts being asked of the parents of this child.
All the people involved are GOD fearing and loving, and looking to thier fellow men and women for hope and encouragement for thier child. It is, and will continue to be, in this family, a tragic happening.
If you can imagine this situation happening in your family, please give pause to think about how you would like to be treated and spoken of.
In closing, I ask you to pray to whatever god you worship, that this ten year old boy lives and survives.
My E-Mail Address is the name for my post. Feel free---

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palatka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 7 min WE JUST DONT CARE 22
Lil Sluggers Miami-Baseball Ages 2-6 NO OBLIGAT... 6 hr LilSluggersMiami 1
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr King George 96,655
Street Prostitution in Miami (Dec '13) 12 hr slickrick66 71
Anti-Castro protesters in Miami say 'it's not t... 15 hr CorruptedMedia 1
Fraudulent Induced Contracts-Timeshares (Oct '12) 19 hr Cindy Wood 22
Americans To Cuba Sat Gordon Robinson 1
Palatka Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palatka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palatka News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palatka

Personal Finance