U.S. Army official looks at silting problems

Full story: The Daily Tribune
A shrimp boat trying to enter the mouth of the Colorado River, Matagorda businessmen and local officials together tried to show a top U.S. Army official how critical dredging projects are to Matagorda County ... Full Story
Lupinacci

AOL

#1 Sep 12, 2006
the need to dredge canney creek and mark mitchels cut for boat traffic. there are not channel marking in there.
carolynfisher

AOL

#2 Mar 13, 2007
FOLKS OWNING PROPERTY ALONG THE "CANAL " HERE IN PALACIOS ARE BEING IGNORED ! THIS CANAL WAS A FUNCTIONAL , NAVIGATIONAL BOATING USE FACILITY WHEN MOST OF THE RESIDENTS PURCHASED THEIR PROPERTY , BUT IN RECENT YEARS IT HAS SILTED UP AND NOTHING IS BEING DONE TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM. GENERALLY IT IS MERELY AN EYESORE ! THE ENGINEER FOR TESTENGER ENGINEERES WHO "REPESENTED" US AT A MEETING IN CORPUS CHRISTI A FEW YEARS AGO , TOLD THE OFFICIALS THERE,(WHEN THEY ASKED THE CRITICAL QUESTION ), "DO THOSE FOLKS THERE ON THE CANAL HAVE AN EROSION PROBLEM ?".... HIS ANSWER WAS "NO!!!". WELL , THAT WAS ENTIRELY INCORRECT ! WE HAVE TO HAVE DIRT HAULED INTO OUR BACK YARD QUITE OFTEN AS IT ERODES INTO THE CANAL EACH TIME WE HAVE A BIG RAIN OR A HIGH TIDE > THIS SILT COULD EASILY BE PUMPED INTO THE MARSH AREA WITH EASE . THAT MARSH AREA HAS BEEN "GROINED -IN" IN AN ATTEMPT TO CAUSE IT TO SILT IN AND REGROW THE CORD GRASSES THAT SECURE THE AQUATIC AREA WHERE THE TINY MARINE LIFE BEGIN . WHY WOULD THIS NOT BE A VERY INEXPENSIVE WAY TO ACCOMPOLISH THIS EVEN FASTER THAN LETTING THE HIGH TIDES SLOWLY SILT IN THE ARES BEHIND THE GROIN AND AT THE SAME TIME CLEAN OUT THE CANAL ? I GUESS IT'S REALLY JUST TOO SIMPLE ISN'T IT ? WE ARE JUST BEING IGNORED !!! TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS !!! THERE IS A LOT OF HARD FEELINGS HERE ALONG THE CANAL IN PALACIOS
carolynfisher

AOL

#3 Mar 13, 2007
Lupinacci wrote:
the need to dredge canney creek and mark mitchels cut for boat traffic. there are not channel marking in there.
I JUST HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK THAN WE HAVE HAD HERE IN PALACIOS ! WE AREN'T GETTING EVEN A "WEAK PROMISE " . AND THE SOLUTION IS SOOOO SIMPLE !! GOOD LUCK !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palacios Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Matagorda County sheriff's deputy shooting unde... (May '14) Nov 25 Bill 5
Little stars daycare (Nov '12) Nov '14 Alta Ellis-Herrera 17
Kim Villarreal doe anyone know her (May '14) Nov '14 the411 3
Texas among states where former red-light camer... (Jan '14) Oct '14 Allen greene 3
Blessing planned for headstone of fetus found i... Oct '14 Jose Reyes 11

Palacios News Video

Palacios Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palacios People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palacios News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palacios

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:12 am PST

Yahoo! Sports10:12AM
Redskins' RG3 limited with sprained shoulder
ESPN10:43 AM
Texans' Quessenberry fiercely battles lymphoma
NBC Sports 1:53 PM
Case Keenum fills in nicely at QB for Texans - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:07 PM
Why aren't other teams lining up for Jason Garrett?
Yahoo! Sports 2:25 PM
Romo's best version looking good for Cowboys